July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Post by Hockey Widow »

And so the silly day begins. SN starts at 8:00am and TSN starts at 8:30 am.

Early word out of Ottawa.

Spezza to Ottawa, waiting for return. Trade call being finalized before details released.

Elliot Friedman on SN, love it.

Decided to put this here

TEAM Radio @TEAM1040
Per @TSNBobMcKenzie He believes Ryan Miller WILL be a Canuck today.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Post by Hockey Widow »

For ALEX CHIASSON, a 2nd round pick and two prospects.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hate the word on the street that says Miller is signing in Vancouver.

If we're signing Miller we better be bringing a whole lot more help because all he'll do is help us win 5 more games and finish 10th worst instead of 5th.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Verbta won't re-sign with Coyotes, set to become FA in an hour. Has several teams interested and expects to sign early.
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:And so the silly day begins. SN starts at 8:00am and TSN starts at 8:30 am.

Early word out of Ottawa.

Spezza to Ottawa, waiting for return. Trade call being finalized before details released.

Elliot Friedman on SN, love it.

Decided to put this here

TEAM Radio @TEAM1040
Per @TSNBobMcKenzie He believes Ryan Miller WILL be a Canuck today.
It sure is a silly day to begin with :oops:

Miller for any longer than 2 years will drive a lot of people crazy for sure.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

herb wrote:Hate the word on the street that says Miller is signing in Vancouver.

If we're signing Miller we better be bringing a whole lot more help because all he'll do is help us win 5 more games and finish 10th worst instead of 5th.
Picking in the top 10 of 2015 you are still getting a very good prospect. I still believe we are not good enough to get in the playoffs but as long as this new incarnation leave it on the ice every game, let the kids play, instead of phoning it in with journeymen reclamation projects I will be a happy fan
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
herb wrote:Hate the word on the street that says Miller is signing in Vancouver.

Picking in the top 10 of 2015 you are still getting a very good prospect. I still believe we are not good enough to get in the playoffs but as long as this new incarnation leave it on the ice every game, let the kids play, instead of phoning it in with journeymen reclamation projects I will be a happy fan
Yeah. I don't think Ryan Miller will be able to get us into the playoffs. We had Luongo for most of last season, and look how that turned out. If the Canucks don't improve their top-6, they will be a worse team next year. If we can't score, it doesn't matter who the goalie is.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Final word on Spezza deal

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 14s

DAL trades Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

If thats all Ottawa got for Spezza I would say that Benning fleeced Anaheim in the Kesler deal.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cammalleri and Gionta to both test FA, fail to get deals done with respective teams.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Goes to show you how much the fans and media overvalue the likes of Kesler and Spezzas worth on the market. You reading this, Gallagher, Kuzma, Botchford?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

the Dogsalmon wrote:If thats all Ottawa got for Spezza I would say that Benning fleeced Anaheim in the Kesler deal.

Ya

Kesler and a third for Bonino, Sbisa, McCaan and Dorrset
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Goes to show you how much the fans and media overvalue the likes of Kesler and Spezzas worth on the market. You reading this, Gallagher, Kuzma, Botchford?

That needs to be qualified though. They weren't on the open market. Both were in a very restrictive market. Would be interesting if both Kesler and Spezza were put on the open market now that there NTC are gone :mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Canucks qualify Weber.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

HW hitting me with semantics again, I think most people get my point. Sorry for not bringing up the NTC hurdles and obstacles on said players