July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Post by Hockey Widow »

It's not the pms that matter or that are the real issue. But it is very tiring when every thread gets hijacked the same way by the same poster. You can actually forget what thread you are reading because all the posts begin to read the same. It is not intelligent debate. It's is not respectful comment. Now I'm all in for having fun but not when those attempts at fun are at the expense of someone else.

If this continues once the season starts and it prevents reasonable debate or opinion from happening, or if it keeps people away because they are tired of the drivel then we have a problem. Fine, right now we are in the dog days of summer so you can just roll your yes and take a deep breath but come camp and beyond let's hope it gets cleaned up.

And boys, do we really need to bring out the ruler to measure ....errr I mean do a poll?
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chicken sandwiches and half inflated Dick Cheney dolls ....

Not buying it?
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hockey Widow wrote:It's not the pms that matter or that are the real issue. But it is very tiring when every thread gets hijacked the same way by the same poster. You can actually forget what thread you are reading because all the posts begin to read the same. It is not intelligent debate. It's is not respectful comment. Now I'm all in for having fun but not when those attempts at fun are at the expense of someone else.
+1
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Betamax wrote:Seriously ..... for a sub-par poster on the corner, you sure like to talk a lot of trash!
I think you must misunderstand me, because I could never flame or talk trash about someone in your condition. That's below me. I appreciate your contributions to this board. You're doing a good job!
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:It's not the pms that matter or that are the real issue. But it is very tiring when every thread gets hijacked the same way by the same poster. You can actually forget what thread you are reading because all the posts begin to read the same. It is not intelligent debate. It's is not respectful comment. Now I'm all in for having fun but not when those attempts at fun are at the expense of someone else.
Uhhhhh, wait a minute ......... cc HW ........

Let me walk you through this "disagreement" I've had with Nucklehead, the future cc retiree ...........

Post by Betamax » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:04 pm:
Betamax wrote:via: https://twitter.com/Eklund/status/496852347436687362
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund

The Canucks were also in on Del Zotto right up until this morning. Don't think think they are done wheeling and dealing.

7:56 PM - 5 Aug 2014
MDZ signs with the Flyers but interesting that the Canucks were allegedly "in" on him. Image
So, cc HW, you provided a reasonable reply:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Betamax wrote:via: https://twitter.com/Eklund/status/496852347436687362
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund

The Canucks were also in on Del Zotto right up until this morning. Don't think think they are done wheeling and dealing.

7:56 PM - 5 Aug 2014
MDZ signs with the Flyers but interesting that the Canucks were allegedly "in" on him. Image

I don't think they were interested in him in any serious way. His agent, at one point, emphatically said he would not be signing with Vancouver which tells me he either had no interest or the Canucks made a low ball offer which pissed his agent off. I think if Benning wanted him badly enough he would have made it work.

I really do think, barring a gift coming their way, they are done until camp. They still have good cap space to pick up a player on waivers if a good one falls their way or make a trade or two if they want to clear out a veteran or if a trade proposal makes sense. I think for now it's just let's get to camp and let the evaluation begin for real.
A couple members of the cc peanut gallery chirped in with a few benign comments i.e.
Reefer2 wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Eklund was the source :roll:
Exactly, almost as bad as twitter
I responded with the following somewhat tongue in cheek reply:
Betamax wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Eklund was the source :roll:
Exactly, almost as bad as twitter

Uhhhhhh, Eklund posted it on twitter. He's an accredited member of the sports media. I mean even Sportsnet had him on-air in one of their TDL specials. BTW, I think it was also the same year they brought in some, balloons, hot chicks and had an on-air pizza party .......... Image
However, this Nucklehead takes it one step further by behaving in a rather pretentious and belligerent manner:
Island Nucklehead wrote:The dumbing down of this board continues...

In what fucking nightmare is Eklund considered a legitimate source?
When you drop the 'F' bomb .... well, to Betamax, it's on, sista!

My response, IMO, was reasonable given the manner in which said individual posted his "opinion" and to be honest, I was especially proud of giving him a taste of his, uhhhhh, own posting "style" with that rather head shaking .gif image:
Betamax wrote:Oh, please stop being a pretentious fucking whiner like you usually are .............

Eklund on twitter is followed by the real @IslandNucks on twitter and, uhhhhhh, the three top MSM insiders in hockey Bob McKenzie, Pierre Lebrun and Darren Dreger and various NHL teams, including the Canucks.

Don't confuse him with someone like @HockeyyInsiderr ................... :evil:
The main point I was making, in that reply (besides calling Nucklehead a pretentious fucking whiner) is that the three top MSM (mainstream media hockey trade insiders) FOLLOW the guy's twitter feed. So if he wasn't a "legitimate source" .... they wouldn't FOLLOW him. But they do. Does that make sense?

I would also add that he is followed by the @NHL and @NHLPA.

Interesting that.

Further to this, in a WTF/moment of madness this Nucklehead replies to a sarcastic comment by another poster:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: In what fucking nightmare is Eklund considered a legitimate source?
In the same nightmare that Pierre McGuire is an NHL coach and Cody Hodgson is a #1 centre.
No kidding. "DRRRRRRRPPP Toronto has interest in everyone (E80)!!" Click my shit so I get ad money! I'm a real journalist, but I can't show you my real name because I'm an INSIDR. What a complete goof. The shotgun method at its finest.

Anybody that actually believes what he writes should be tested for autism.
Regarding his comments on Eklund, he's come a long way since his "anonymous days" and has been "outed" and has gained some level of credibility with his website and the bloggers he has recruited to provide legitimate hockey content.

Nucklehead's last remark in that post was rather tasteless. This Nucklehead (in the literal sense) makes a snide remark on a mental disability. Which is especially disrespectful given the focus of this board -- one of the Vancouver Canucks' main charities/initiatives is to provide programs to assist those afflicted by autism and support for their families and friends.

Furthermore, when I stated my opinion that Nucklehead is a pretentious fucking whiner, it was #verified when he later posted his long winded diatribe/manifesto to this board and offered that "loser leaves forum" offer when it was that Nucklehead himself, who initiated the "trolling!!!"
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Cornuck wrote:So what was it? Shit sandwiches or dog shit? Or dog shit sandwiches?

I better check Twitter to find out!

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
Do we have to wait for October to put posters on waivers? I heard Bountiful is looking for some depth...
Uhhhhhh, so, Nucklehead, are you soliciting to be part of the Canucks' Corner Management team? :hmmm:
I'm trying not to answer trolls... but in this case... You should be gone come October. You have pollutted this board enough with your garbage. You've made this a less-worthy place to post. You've turned this place into the lowest-common demoninator and I hate to see decent posters flee before your bullshit.

Frankly, I'm tired of it. I hope the mods sink you before the new season. You PM'd me saying "You mad bro", well no, I'm not mad. I'm depressed that this board has come to this level of bullshit. I've smacked you around several times, and this place should be above the whole experiment. Several posters have come to me and said "enough, enough" and yet I've finished you off time and again. This is a place for REAL Canucks Fans. Stop being a fuck-head.

You pollute every single thread. You create threads solely to pat yourself on the back or create conflict. You bring nothing to the table. You are a garbage poster and I think most people are sick of you.

I'm fairly certain that 99% of posters here would rather have me here than you. You are a troll. If you want to wage a bet, I'm happy to retire if folks would rather have Betamax/Farhan Lalji/ whatever stupid name you've created this week vs Island. Bring it on. Pretty sure people would rather have me here than you. If not, I'll retire.

Enough is enough. It's time to trim down the roster. Sorry to the Mods for this rant. But I feel it's needed from someone that's been here a while and doesn't rock the boat (never sent a PM in my life). Enough is enough, get this place back to respectability please.

//rant.
I guess you can add hypocrite to the list of adjectives I'd used to describe his recent behavior here. Just shameful. BTW, I think said poster is in utter denial if he wasn't "mad."

I mean, I got that eerily feeling that his blood veins were about to burst when he wrote his "//rant" .... either that or he was possessed by Satan at that time. :hmmm:
If this continues once the season starts and it prevents reasonable debate or opinion from happening, or if it keeps people away because they are tired of the drivel then we have a problem. Fine, right now we are in the dog days of summer so you can just roll your yes and take a deep breath but come camp and beyond let's hope it gets cleaned up.

And boys, do we really need to bring out the ruler to measure ....errr I mean do a poll?
In summary, if you are going to shoulder the blame on someone in this instance .... I think you should be looking elsewhere.

I mean, it's kinda like if you are a "chick" walking down the street wearing tight jeans and a form fitting tank top or something on a scorching summer night would you put the blame on yourself, if a bunch of boys, neanderthals or nuckleheads on the street started to sexually harass you because of how hot you looked?

I mean come on! Can we get serious?

p.s. One more thing: Lest we forget, this thread IS entitled: "July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours", therefore, my post was completely appropriate for this thread since Eklund is synonymous with posting NHL rumours, right? 8-)

p.p.s. If I mis-read your "blame game" post and you are in fact, shouldering it on Nucklehead ... then please disregard what I wrote in the above. Image
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Now I'm trying not to imagine farhan lalji walking the streets in tight jeans and a tank top....great...
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Not so sorry, I'm with the 99%. This shit got old some time ago. I miss just having one "Farhan" to provoke my eye-rolling. Beta was half-way a means to keep me checking in during the dog-days, but this is getting tiresome.

Can pre-season start already?????????
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote: I'm trying not to answer trolls... but in this case... You should be gone come October. You have pollutted this board enough with your garbage. You've made this a less-worthy place to post. You've turned this place into the lowest-common demoninator and I hate to see decent posters flee before your bullshit.

Frankly, I'm tired of it. I hope the mods sink you before the new season. You PM'd me saying "You mad bro", well no, I'm not mad. I'm depressed that this board has come to this level of bullshit. I've smacked you around several times, and this place should be above the whole experiment. Several posters have come to me and said "enough, enough" and yet I've finished you off time and again. This is a place for REAL Canucks Fans. Stop being a fuck-head.

You pollute every single thread. You create threads solely to pat yourself on the back or create conflict. You bring nothing to the table. You are a garbage poster and I think most people are sick of you.
I simply tried putting Beta on the ignore list.....but since he hijacks every thread I've read less and less of this forum since early July. Even at work when I have down time, when I check in and see that the last post of the first 10 threads was made by Betamax I don't even bother seeing what else has been written.
Hockey Widow wrote: It's not the pms that matter or that are the real issue. But it is very tiring when every thread gets hijacked the same way by the same poster. You can actually forget what thread you are reading because all the posts begin to read the same. It is not intelligent debate. It's is not respectful comment. Now I'm all in for having fun but not when those attempts at fun are at the expense of someone else.

Hit the nail on the head HW, but even in the dog days of summer there have been plenty of worthwhile opinions that have been missed because sorting through Beta's shotgunned shit parade gets old fast.....the only reason I haven't bothered voicing something similar to what Island finally cracked and let go with is because it is, as you say, the dog days of summer. But when a guy has 1352 posts in less than 4 months (not including the socks he rolled with for a while) something is bound to give.....in this case Island's sanity. :P

If we roll into October and it keeps up I would imagine there will be a helluvalot less traffic around here than we usually see at the start of a new campaign as people looking for some discussion with substance will move on in a hurry.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

I am with IN or 99%... I am very sick of Betamax or whatever handles he uses.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jovocop wrote:I am with IN or 99%... I am very sick of Betamax or whatever handles he uses.

Ya, who needs a poll? I mean really, IN or the other guy, IN or the other guy........seems like the only one who doesn't get it is the other guy. I may not always agree with everything IN says, yes it's true, but I enjoy his contributions here. The other guy.....nugh said.
The only HW the Canucks need
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Don't post here much but I agree the bullshit and juvenile bickering needs to stop.

Please take your verbal diarrhea and ego stroking somewhere else.

No one here gives a shit who has the biggest dick!
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Knucklehead wrote:Don't post here much but I agree the bullshit and juvenile bickering needs to stop.

It's August whatever, if you take out the bullshit and juvenile rantings all there is to talk about is potential line combinations of players no one is even sure will actually be on the team in October...

Besides without this outlet to spew on and Doc's psychiatric care, there is no telling what some posters might be doing in the analog world...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:Don't post here much but I agree the bullshit and juvenile bickering needs to stop.

It's August whatever, if you take out the bullshit and juvenile rantings all there is to talk about is potential line combinations of players no one is even sure will actually be on the team in October...

Besides without this outlet to spew on and Doc's psychiatric care, there is no telling what some posters might be doing in the analog world...
Meh ....let the little fella have his fun . He has been cuffed around the boards more than Mathowny and Bersnoozi which is not an easy task .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Betamax wrote:via: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 53176.html

Tyler Dellow hired by Oilers as mainstreaming of fancy stats is complete
By Greg Wyshynski

Article touches on the the Dellow hire as well as a couple of other teams' hiring hockey number crunchers ..............
Just as Sunny Mehta, a former pro poker player, was hired by the New Jersey Devils. Just as Eric Tulsky of SB Nation was hired by an NHL team. Just as Kyle Dubas, whose dedication to analytics was his calling card as a junior hockey general manager in the Soo, was hired as an assistant GM with the Toronto Maple leaves. And so on.

It’s the Summer of Fancy Stats, and it’s been a joy to watch NHL teams genuflect to the eggheads, while critics of this new religion have been forced to swallow their words with a heaping side order of pride.

Tyler Dellow is loathed by some in hockey, and not just because he toppled Colin Campbell under the weight of his own nepotism. He’s been called out by the likes of Steve Simmons and Marc Spector over the years; now, he’ll be employed by a team they cover, one that valued his knowledge and analysis more than that of any scribe or television bloviator.

The possession time of Dellow’s middle finger to the establishment would be among the leaders in Fenwick Flip-Off.

OK, saying he was hired by “the Oilers” might be a stretch. No one is sure how Craig MacTavish and Kevin Lowe really feel about analytics. But Coach Dallas Eakins is a dedicated follower, and Dellow is expected to report directly to him. So is assistant GM Scott Howson, who no doubt lobbied within the organization for the move.

This is what it takes in the NHL for a team to embrace analytics: advocates in places of power.

Mehta was hired because the Devils’ ownership wanted him, not Lou Lamoriello. Dubas was hired because Shanahan wanted to add that insight to his front office. And Dellow was hired – after well over a year of flirtation between himself and the Oilers – because he had a few key personnel pushing for it.
Sooooooooooo, on the Canucks', AGM Laurence Gilman would fit the profile as the stats/numbers guy for the club, right? Image
The trend to hire a dedicated "numbers" guy continues ..............

via: https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/498578501285715968
James Mirtle Verified account ‏@mirtle

The Florida Panthers have hired Brian MacDonald (@greaterthanpm) as director of analytics.

2:15 PM - 10 Aug 2014
Brian MacDonald (@greaterthanpm) according to his twitter profile:
Advanced statistics and data analytics in hockey | Asst Prof in Dept of Math at West Point | Author at http://HockeyProspectus.com

GreaterThanPlusMinus.com
8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: It's August whatever, if you take out the bullshit and juvenile rantings all there is to talk about is potential line combinations of players no one is even sure will actually be on the team in October...
____
Try to focus on someday.