Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by Hockey Widow »

rats19 wrote:Quit pointing shit out HW...Sheesh :wink:

Well in fairness I don't know the date of that clip but I thought Willie was hired after the trades all went down. So like did we tamper???
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:16 am

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by BingoTough »

Hockey Widow wrote:
rats19 wrote:Quit pointing shit out HW...Sheesh :wink:

Well in fairness I don't know the date of that clip but I thought Willie was hired after the trades all went down. So like did we tamper???
I think Willie was hired 23 June but Kesler was traded 27 June
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by Hockey Widow »

BingoTough wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
rats19 wrote:Quit pointing shit out HW...Sheesh :wink:

Well in fairness I don't know the date of that clip but I thought Willie was hired after the trades all went down. So like did we tamper???
I think Willie was hired 23 June but Kesler was traded 27 June

And thats what happens when you fact check. You get the facts! :mrgreen: Thanks
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: around the bend

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by sagebrush »

^^ The truest fans suffer withdrawal symptoms after a week without meaningful Canuck news. 8-)
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by ClamRussel »

Even a drunk supermodel is better...granted I didn't exactly track the ball very closely.

"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:45 pm
Location: @betamax1080p

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by Betamax »



Where in the world is, uhhhhhhh, cc's dude? :hmmm:
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by BurningBeard »

I hate the fucking Eagles, man. ;)
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12286
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by Topper »

Canucks fall to wildcard and eliminate the Ducks in four to chants of

Kesssssssss-Lerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Kesssssssss-Lerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Kesssssssss-Lerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Kesssssssss-Lerrrrrrrrrrrrr
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13120
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by The Brown Wizard »

BurningBeard wrote:I hate the fucking Eagles, man. ;)
Lol damonberrymans gonna boot your ass out of his cab any second now
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by damonberryman »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:I hate the fucking Eagles, man. ;)
Lol damonberrymans gonna boot your ass out of his cab any second now
I probably would not let him get in. I have people puke in the back, and shit in the front. God knows what the Beard would do :)
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13120
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by The Brown Wizard »

damonberryman wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:I hate the fucking Eagles, man. ;)
Lol damonberrymans gonna boot your ass out of his cab any second now
I probably would not let him get in. I have people puke in the back, and shit in the front. God knows what the Beard would do :)
Lol it sounds like he pays with personal cheques so...ya u might want to get some collateral til it clears.
I'd go for the rug
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by BurningBeard »

damonberryman wrote:I probably would not let him get in. I have people puke in the back, and shit in the front. God knows what the Beard would do :)
Image
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by BurningBeard »

Back on topic, interesting to see Kesler's and Bonino's stats now that we're nearing the end of the season.

Code: Select all

Nick Bonino       GP     G 	 A   Pts   +/- 	PIM
2013-14    Anh 	77    22    27 	49 	14 	 22
2014-15    Van 	73    15    22 	37 	 5 	 22

Ryan Kesler       GP     G 	 A   Pts   +/- 	PIM
2013-14    Van 	77    25    18 	43   -15 	 81
2014-15    Anh 	79    20    27 	47 	-4 	 75
Bonino is no longer the 20 goal / 50 point player we were hoping for, and excluding 2012-13 that's Kesler's lowest goal total in a long time.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 8034
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by Meds »

BurningBeard wrote:Back on topic, interesting to see Kesler's and Bonino's stats now that we're nearing the end of the season.

Code: Select all

Nick Bonino       GP     G 	 A   Pts   +/- 	PIM
2013-14    Anh 	77    22    27 	49 	14 	 22
2014-15    Van 	73    15    22 	37 	 5 	 22

Ryan Kesler       GP     G 	 A   Pts   +/- 	PIM
2013-14    Van 	77    25    18 	43   -15 	 81
2014-15    Anh 	79    20    27 	47 	-4 	 75
Bonino is no longer the 20 goal / 50 point player we were hoping for, and excluding 2012-13 that's Kesler's lowest goal total in a long time.
Good stuff Beard.

10 points less for $3+M less. Missing Kes in the faceoff circle though.

Also worth noting that while Kesler has been playing with real linemates, and seeing some top PP-unit time with the likes of Perry and Getzlaf, Bonino has been playing with guys like Chris Higgins for more than half the season. He's looked a bit better since Vrbata landed on the 2nd line to bolster its ranks.

Regardless, I think that we may have won that trade.....particularly if McCann develops as hoped.

Speaking of.....would McCann, who is already regarded to possess a solid two-way game, benefit more from his final year of junior eligibility, or would he be better served to make the Canucks roster a la Horvat?
Post Reply