Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
CC Legend

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: I didn't see how this convo' came up why is this a topic again?
Herb was responding to Tciso's post.
TY
herb wrote:
SKYO wrote:Your *sarcasm* emoticon is missing.
:D

C'mon, Kesler even had his kids enrolled in school for the fall in Vancouver!
Ah ok, sorry I don't care for his NTC/NMC situation, don't feel like skimming over subject, I'll just chime in and say JB had two teams to deal with thanks to that contract, needed a center to replace RK, bonino only option.

RK wanted out, done deal he's gone, got rid of the toxicity that could have festered all season had he stayed, and hey we beat the Sens to the punch, now they might be stuck with Spezza.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

herb wrote:
SKYO wrote:Your *sarcasm* emoticon is missing.
:D

C'mon, Kesler even had his kids enrolled in school for the fall in Vancouver!
Ryan Kesler demanded a trade out of Vancouver because of the teacher's strike.

You heard it here first.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

via: https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status ... 48/photo/1

Kesler was probably the most popular current Canucks if you count the jerseys the fans were wearing of his and commercial sponsorships he had here ......

I do wonder how the fans in Vancouver will react to his 1st return back here.

Probably a mixed reaction. :mex:
HockeyGeek
CC Rookie

Post by HockeyGeek »

I've always wanted to take the high road when it came to players leaving. I understood Bure's reasoning for wanting to leave(who wouldn't want to leave the clusterfuck that was the Canucks and Mike Keanan). By the time Burke came in there was no mending the rift between Bure and the organisation. I never boo'd him and just remembered fondly the excitement he brought to the city and the team.

I'm a nice guy who really doesn't ever resort to violence. I'm the guy who steps in between two people having a fight and tries to get them to calm down. In hockey I abhor people who hit to hurt and despise staged fights. All that being said I want to see someone lay Kesler right the fuck out. I've loved the game that he brought to the Canucks but he always seemed to me the ultimate douchebag. I've secretly always wanted him to get KTFO even when he was playing for us. I want to see him hit so hard that he's wobbly. Think Mitchell on Toews or Stevens on Francis kinda hit. Maybe it's his smug face, or how he is in interviews. Maybe it's in his genes, but he pisses me off to no end.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

HockeyGeek wrote:I've loved the game that he brought to the Canucks but he always seemed to me the ultimate douchebag. I've secretly always wanted him to get KTFO even when he was playing for us. I want to see him hit so hard that he's wobbly. Think Mitchell on Toews or Stevens on Francis kinda hit. Maybe it's his smug face, or how he is in interviews. Maybe it's in his genes, but he pisses me off to no end.
Time to burn some Kesler jerseys! *hehe*

I mentioned this in another thread. Wouldn't it be awesome if the Canucks end up playing the Ducks in the 1st round and we end up taking them out? It'll be almost as good as a Stanley Cup win. :lol:
HockeyGeek
CC Rookie

Post by HockeyGeek »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
HockeyGeek wrote:I've loved the game that he brought to the Canucks but he always seemed to me the ultimate douchebag. I've secretly always wanted him to get KTFO even when he was playing for us. I want to see him hit so hard that he's wobbly. Think Mitchell on Toews or Stevens on Francis kinda hit. Maybe it's his smug face, or how he is in interviews. Maybe it's in his genes, but he pisses me off to no end.
Time to burn some Kesler jerseys! *hehe*

I mentioned this in another thread. Wouldn't it be awesome if the Canucks end up playing the Ducks in the 1st round and we end up taking them out? It'll be almost as good as a Stanley Cup win. :lol:
Someone suggested before that the Canucks hold a "change the nameplate on your sweater from Kesler to Vrbata" night. I think loads of people would love to do that.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

When the going gets tough...Kesler gets going.
My guess is he'd be one of the twats pushing women & children aside to get on one of the Titanic rafts.
Bieksa goes down with the ship 8-)
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hate how the whole saga played out but Kesler was a warrior for us. He is a warrior for Team USA. He still has a high gear and will bring that intensity to the Ducks. But I question his commitment if this next season doesn't go the way he thinks it will.

I suppose it was always there, from the moment he signed the offer sheet with the Flyers. From the moment we heard how players like Umberger, and others that played with him and against him, hated his guts. He is the type of person who left a lot of burning bridges.

I don't question his desire to win or his competitiveness or his ability to elevate his game. But as this saga unfolded you could see what a weasel he is. Perhaps he and his agent feared a long drawn out Luongo type scenario and that explains their aggressiveness towards Benning. I get it. I just don't respect the lies and his lack of sincerity when he speaks.

My hope, that Anaheim doesn't make the finals as long as Kesler is on the team. He is one ex-Canuck I won't be happy to see win a cup. No doubt we will miss him on the ice in the short term but he was gonna bolt in two years anyway. Long term we will survive Kesler.
The only HW the Canucks need
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

Kesler placed his desire to win ahead of loyalty & honesty to team mates. He tended to be a 'me first' guy (as a Canuck) with an obnoxious ego, but that was overlooked because his aggressive drive to win worked in our favour.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

sagebrush wrote:Kesler placed his desire to win ahead of loyalty & honesty to team mates. He tended to be a 'me first' guy (as a Canuck) with an obnoxious ego, but that was overlooked because his aggressive drive to win worked in our favour.

Kinda like Bieksa said, it's easy to want to be here when the team is winning, harder when times are tough. It's the tough times when leadership shows up. Kesler showed he had no off ice leadership. On the ice, most games, he let his play do the talking. And that type of skill and intensity is important. But what it lacks shows up when the team plays poorly. Guys like Kesler with their inflated egos and opinions of self worth take credit for the glory but blame others when the team doesn't have success.

He will be a quick fan favourite in Anaheim because he will show up with that intensity but if they fail to win a cup he will bolt for greener pastures. Wonder how they will feel about the loss of Sbisa, Bonino, and the loss of the 24th then? Of course if they win the cup in the next two years it will have been well worth it for them.

With Heatley signing in Anaheim I wonder if he will play on Kesler's line? They just need one more malcontent cast off to have a full line. Maybe they can get MSL from the Rangers!
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: I suppose it was always there, from the moment he signed the offer sheet with the Flyers. From the moment we heard how players like Umberger, and others that played with him and against him, hated his guts. He is the type of person who left a lot of burning bridges.
Of course it was always there, you could tell in every interview he wasn't being genuine, he was in full PR mode all the time for the cameras, talking like a sulking baby after a loss or being the jovial prankster in the room in the "good times". The guy cares more about his sponsorships and image than the hockey, as evidenced in his waffling about destinations at the deadline. He might play the game hard, but "integrity" and "honesty" are not in his vocabulary.

Much like Burrows and his antics, Kesler and his attitude are easy to put up with when they play well for you. I'm guessing once he's against us, we'll all learn to hate Kesler pretty quick. I'm certainly not wishing him any luck in Anaheim, and I'm hoping he does enough to piss off Bieksa and get his nose caved in.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I've got nothing against Kesler. He was a warrior for the Canucks, and whatever off ice issues he may have had he always seemed to bring it on ice. I did not really like hearing fans boo his name at the Canucks Summit. I will say, while I did not like losing a talent like Kesler, if his health/injury issues persist this may be the way in which the Canucks ultimately win this deal and in retrospect turn out to have gotten what they could for RK17 before he broke down. Still, I expect he'll have a strong year slotted behind Getzlaf, provided RK is healthy. But I also have a feeling that he's not going to end up getting that Cup he's chasing. He may get close, but I'd still be more afraid of LA, Chi, and even St.L with Statsny in the fold.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Loved him as a player but glad he is gone.

Some days I thought he was more intent on getting a penalty called against him vs. just playing the game and scoring the goal.

Now that he is gone he is just another asshole on a different team who I want the current Canucks to destroy and hurt them at every opportunity.

I dont care about the names on the back just the logo on the front.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote: I dont care about the names on the back just the logo on the front.
This is it essentially.

Most of us have been following the Canucks to see players come and go like a rotating door. I want the team to win, to bring the Stanley Cup to Vancouver! This means doing whatever it takes to win. I'll tolerate controversial players if they are contributing to our success.

Kesler was huge for us, but recently he hasn't even been contributing to our success (not that there was much of it). It was very evident he didn't want to play here. So if you don't want to be here - bye bye. Don't let the door hit you...

I won't ever follow a player that was once a Canuck. They are the enemy once they leave.