Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Then you should blame Gillis for all the lovely NTCs

Why the fuck he gave Hansen and Higgins NTCs is just pure lunacy

What is Benning to do. Not trade him. Kesler is a prick unlike Lou, so keeping him around was not in the cards. It's just so refreshing that Benning isn't going to fence sit like Gillis. Be done with it, cut it loose and move on. This team needs to rid itself of any negative distractions right away and to start tomorrows team TODAY!
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Then you should blame Gillis for all the lovely NTCs

What is Benning to do. Not trade him. Kesler is a prick unlike Lou, so keeping him around was not in the cards. It's just so refreshing that Benning isn't going to fence sit like Gillis. Be done with it, cut it loose and move on. This team needs to rid itself of any negative distractions right away and to start tomorrows team TODAY!

I know this is a rarity but I find myself agreeing with the Dude!
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Yup who is this new and improved RD?
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:

I know what you mean HW.....it's like every once in a while the fog clears and he has this brief moment of sobriety and you get a glimpse of what he'd be like when not a bitter drunk. :P
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Kowch wrote:With Bieska being mad about how Kesler lied about the trade request, Ryan better have his head up coming across the blue line next season :)
I think Juice is pretty good buddy's with Kes. Maybe Juice was just covering for his bud.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Kowch wrote:With Bieska being mad about how Kesler lied about the trade request, Ryan better have his head up coming across the blue line next season :)
I think Juice is pretty good buddy's with Kes. Maybe Juice was just covering for his bud.
:hmmm: :look: :hmmm:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

I know what you mean HW.....it's like every once in a while the fog clears and he has this brief moment of sobriety and you get a glimpse of what he'd be like when not a bitter drunk. :P

I was thinking the same thing, I swear its like he really does have multi personalities.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

“When your name gets thrown around trade-wise, it’s tough. It’s never happened to me before in my career.

“I leaned on these guys (looks at Bieksa and the Sedins) in that time and they helped me through it.

“This is the only city I know besides Michigan. I love it here. Hopefully, I can stay.”
Man, poor Kesler.
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:Benning on Kesler:

In his first day on the job Kesler came to him and said he wanted a trade, list two teams. For three weeks he has been trying to get a package. Recently several more teams called with trade packages. He went back to Kesler/agent and asked them to expand list. Kesler thought on it and said no. Only two teams. Benning's choice, keep him or take the best deal on the table, which is what he did.

Hard trade to make, feels they got the best deal possible and are please overall. A hard time to start as a GM of his new team but it had to be done. Kesler gave 10 good years to Vancouver and deserved to be treated with respect and he tried his best to honour Kesler's request and get assets back.
That is why you don't give NTC to players. NMC, so they don't end up in Edmonton, or Taranna make sense, and show respect. But, NTC can really screw the club.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:
“When your name gets thrown around trade-wise, it’s tough. It’s never happened to me before in my career.

“I leaned on these guys (looks at Bieksa and the Sedins) in that time and they helped me through it.

“This is the only city I know besides Michigan. I love it here. Hopefully, I can stay.”
Man, poor Kesler.
Your *sarcasm* emoticon is missing.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

^ I think you don't quite grasp what a no-move clause is.

A no-move clause is like a no-trade clause on steroids. It has the whole no-trade thingy with a component that says the player can't be waived or assigned to the minors. They came about as a way for players and agents to prevent what happened to Mike Komisarek and others.

No-trade and no-move clauses are a part of the game. Our GM would be an idiot to refuse to give them out and lose quality players to free agency because of it.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:^ I think you don't quite grasp what a no-move clause is.

A no-move clause is like a no-trade clause on steroids. It has the whole no-trade thingy with a component that says the player can't be waived or assigned to the minors. They came about as a way for players and agents to prevent what happened to Mike Komisarek and others.

No-trade and no-move clauses are a part of the game. Our GM would be an idiot to refuse to give them out and lose quality players to free agency because of it.
I didn't see how this convo' came up why is this a topic again?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: I didn't see how this convo' came up why is this a topic again?
Herb was responding to Tciso's post.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

SKYO wrote:Your *sarcasm* emoticon is missing.
:D

C'mon, Kesler even had his kids enrolled in school for the fall in Vancouver!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: I didn't see how this convo' came up why is this a topic again?
Herb was responding to Tciso's post.
TY