Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Post by ODB »

Fuck Bolland!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
SKYO wrote: Good point but the kings have a beastly center depth, something this team will severely be lacking after Kesler is traded.
So you're completely discounting what we receive in return for Kesler?

You don't build depth through free agency. You add complimentary pieces. Overpaying through free agency rarely works out.

And Bolland for 7 years at $5M per is insane.
I think it'll be picks/prospects for Kesler or a winger/pick/prospect, nothing significant center wise.
Yeah the long term deal probably won't happen for Bolland, only desperate teams would do that.

Grabovski should be of interest as well.
Bolland is a 3rd line pest. Does anyone here no think he's a classless version of Burrows?

If we are talking 2nd line plug, then Bolland for a single year is tolerable.....barely. Grabovski is a MUCH better fit as a top-6 center.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Aaronp18 wrote: If it was short term, then maybe. But he's injury prone and wants to get something long term for security!

That's why he should be on the do not touch list.
Yep. He's coming off a significant injury. He's not a young kid anymore, and he's been banged up significantly throughout his career. He's never played a full 82 game season, FFS. He's never been a prolific scorer (his best year he was 7th on his team), and he's never hit 20 goals. I see nothing that indicates this guy is a second line C. He's a grade A pest an he plays with an edge. Great, let Calgary sign him for forever.

I'd frankly rather sink with Matthias than go out and overpay for Bolland for 7 fucking seasons.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ODB wrote:Fuck Bolland!
Then there's this!

He's from fucking TO anyways, nothing good has come out of there .... ever.

I'd rather just re-sign Santorelli and have the kids learn from his work ethic.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Santorelli JB/TL might be what they want to get away from now, plus who knows how he'll be with a bum shoulder.

Hank could be a 65-70 game type now with various ailments.

Someone show me our lineup with Hank and Kesler out.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:Santorelli JB/TL might be what they want to get away from now, plus who knows how he'll be with a bum shoulder.

Hank could be a 65-70 game type now with various ailments.

Someone show me our lineup with Hank and Kesler out.
And you seriously think Bolland could be the answer?? The whole Canucks team faded once Santorelli was done for the season. It seems like he is more important than Hank and Kesler combined...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: Someone show me our lineup with Hank and Kesler out.
Remove the top 2 centres from any team without replacing them adequately and they are fucked.

Bolland or Grabovski won`t do any better than a Santorelli at stopping the bleeding.

The Canucks need to be healthy to win, just like any team.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Aaronp18 wrote:
SKYO wrote: Someone show me our lineup with Hank and Kesler out.
Remove the top 2 centres from any team without replacing them adequately and they are fucked.

Bolland or Grabovski won`t do any better than a Santorelli at stopping the bleeding.

The Canucks need to be healthy to win, just like any team.
I don't think Dave Bolland is a great idea, but I'll just point out that I'd take Grabovsi plus Santorelli over Santorelli on his own ten times out of ten.

Assuming reasonable deals of course.. and I'm not confident that's going to be an option.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Grabovski would be a decent stop gap, provided we can't get anybody else through trade or otherwise to play second line center.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:Grabovski would be a decent stop gap, provided we can't get anybody else through trade or otherwise to play second line center.
At least Grabovski has 3 seasons with over 20+ goals.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I`d seriously just rather give the kids a chance to play.

Horvat, Gaunce, 6th (or Reinhart if we can swing it), whatever the hell we get for Kesler as well.

Maybe if someone wants to come on a one year deal. But what UFA is going to want that?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:I want nothing to do with Bolland on a 7 year deal. That's ridiculous.

Let someone else pay him that much for that long. He's a 40-point, injury-prone, 3rd line center that wants the security of a deal that takes him until he's 35.

And he will get it too. But I agree I hope it's not from us.
Didn't he play 1C

For the Leaves :rofl:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sorry, late to the party and I'm outta here in 20 minutes.

Posted this in the other thread:
Strangelove wrote:
Jovocop wrote:I hate Bolland. I don't know I will cheer for the Canucks anymore....
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
The Bolland camp won't do anything with Vancouver until they resolve the Ryan Kesler situation.
I think Bolland is the kind of player you like when he's on YOUR team. :D

It's funny, I was thinking this morning that Bolland might be the target if Kes is traded for prospects/picks.

7 year front-loaded with a $4.5m cap hit.

He and Santo in a 2a/2b situation?

(Santo signed for 2 years at $1.5m per)

Don't think alotta posters here are gonna be in favour but it might be the best way to partially fill the hole.

Bolland is an asshole!!

EDIT: oh fuck, just saw the Bolland thread, SWEAR I was thinking about him before the news came out!
So yeah, TOTALLY agree with Skyo.

Well except Skyo thinks we can sign him for less than 7 years.

I think he agrees to $4.5m average IF IT'S FRONT LOADED.

That way he'd have a low salary after 4 years which would make him trade-able buyout-able.

#assholesRus

Those who point out his low-scoring need to remember he's a top PK centre.

And Topper is wrong, the cap will continue to climb...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote:.

Sorry, late to the party and I'm outta here in 20 minutes.

Posted this in the other thread:
Strangelove wrote:
Jovocop wrote:I hate Bolland. I don't know I will cheer for the Canucks anymore....

I think Bolland is the kind of player you like when he's on YOUR team. :D

It's funny, I was thinking this morning that Bolland might be the target if Kes is traded for prospects/picks.

7 year front-loaded with a $4.5m cap hit.

He and Santo in a 2a/2b situation?

(Santo signed for 2 years at $1.5m per)

Don't think alotta posters here are gonna be in favour but it might be the best way to partially fill the hole.

Bolland is an asshole!!

EDIT: oh fuck, just saw the Bolland thread, SWEAR I was thinking about him before the news came out!
So yeah, TOTALLY agree with Skyo.

Well except Skyo thinks we can sign him for less than 7 years.

I think he agrees to $4.5m average IF IT'S FRONT LOADED.

That way he'd have a low salary after 4 years which would make him trade-able buyout-able.

#assholesRus

Those who point out his low-scoring need to remember he's a top PK centre.

And Topper is wrong, the cap will continue to climb...
There are lots of assholes in the NHL. Some assholes deserve respect because they are just trying to do their jobs. Bolland has a big mouth that makes Lapierre a Saint. What he said on the radio about the Sedins have nothing to do with hockey whatsoever. I just simply cannot like a team with a player like that. I would rather have an asshole like Torres or Ott than that sucker.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: I think he agrees to $4.5m average IF IT'S FRONT LOADED.

It's a bit tougher to do front loaded deals these days.

A players lowest season can only drop to 50% of his best season, and year-to-year cannot fluctuate more than 35%. So if you wanted to give Bolland $31.5M (lol even typing that) over 7 years, it would have to look something like this.

6,6,5,5,3.25,3.25,3 =$31.5M ($4.5/cap)

Remember the lowest number you can go in this scenario is 3. If you gave him $10M off the bat, the lowest any individual year could go would be $5M. I'm not sure Dave Bolland will be a $3M+ player when he's in his mid-30's. Frankly, I''m not sure he'll survive in the league until he's in his mid-30's.

Basically, if Dave Bolland wants 7 years good for him, I don't want the Canucks anywhere near that for a bottom-6 caliber player.