Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Post by ukcanuck »

dangler wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Here's the thing, addition of a guy who cranks it up in the playoffs. Knows how to be a role player, has a Stanley cup ring. Has guts and has shut down the Sedins in the past...for just cash..

That's a guy you want on your team ain't it?

Yep I think so
If the team is a contender, sure, but the Canucks are not and will not be a contender this season and probably next. The club needs a new #1 line. Not a veteran goalie,not another 3rd line C,not some more bottom 6 talent, they need a new #1 line.
They probably are gonna have to draft a first line, no one us going to give us theirs. But in the mean time, you have to build by winning. Bolland gets us a guy who brings intangibles. Who can demonstrate how to turn it up a notch when it counts.
Miller stabilizes the goaltending.

A return on Kesler brings more pieces and the prospects get sheltered development...
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

ukcanuck wrote: Miller stabilizes the goaltending.
Miller stalls the development of Lack,Markstrom & Erikson,what happens to Matthias???
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ukcanuck wrote:Has guts and has shut down the Sedins in the past...for just cash..
No he doesn't, it doesn't take guts to annoy or pester. The Sedins have actually done very well matched up against Bolland.

From a couple years ago:
Drance Numbers: Bolland is hardly Sedin kryptonite

:mex:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

ukcanuck wrote:Here's the thing, addition of a guy who cranks it up in the playoffs. Knows how to be a role player, has a Stanley cup ring. Has guts and has shut down the Sedins in the past...for just cash..

That's a guy you want on your team ain't it?

Yep I think so
Really??? Guts???? I am not sure how you define guts but he is a gutless rat to me.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Tactical assholes with some professionalism are good. Mental assholes are not.

As alluded to a post or two back, he's still riding the success of 3+ years ago in Chicago. Too old, not as good as 'you' think. Pass.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ukcanuck wrote: They probably are gonna have to draft a first line, no one us going to give us theirs. But in the mean time, you have to build by winning. Bolland gets us a guy who brings intangibles. Who can demonstrate how to turn it up a notch when it counts.
Miller stabilizes the goaltending.

A return on Kesler brings more pieces and the prospects get sheltered development...
+1

The best way to build a top line isn't the Yankee's/NYR's way of buying players with a shitload of cash, it's much preferable to draft/trade well, as you get those players for really good cap hits for an extended period of time, while in their prime!

For UFA it's better to land complimentary pieces 2nd/3rd liners, top 4/6 dmen, so the cap hit/contract isn't too outrageous. Unless you have a strategic action plan to target a high priced UFA, as you got to clear roster/cap space and roll the dice on if that valued target will actually choose your team.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

dangler wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Miller stabilizes the goaltending.
Miller stalls the development of Lack,Markstrom & Erikson,what happens to Matthias???
I think giving Lack as 60-65 games next season could hamper his development.

It's not good to rush a players development, I much prefer the Detroit model of patience.

Matthias sucks on faceoffs, he's perfect for LW with being a backup faceoff guy if the center gets kicked out of the f/o circle, or center depth when/if our 3rd line center gets injured.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.