Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: Grabovski should be of interest as well.
Why?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Aaronp18 wrote:
SKYO wrote: Grabovski should be of interest as well.
Why?
I am also curious as to why in the name of fuck we would want to pursue Grabovski.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:Bolland is a beast in the playoffs though, can't deny it, he wants to win at all costs, hate to play against him, but you'll love him on your team type, similar to what Kesler is to Hawks fans.

Our center spot is pretty weak after the RK deal, Bolland will solidify it while we bring along our young centers.
Yeah, you gotta wonder if Bolland will be signed to, uh, "mentor" Horvat in how to be an effective third line centre in the NHL, or be the guy that takes his spot when Bo is traded to acquire the 2014 No. 1 overall Draft Pick. :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Betamax wrote: Yeah, you gotta wonder if Bolland will be signed to, uh, "mentor" Horvat in how to be an effective third line centre in the NHL, or be the guy that takes his spot when Bo is traded to acquire the 2014 No. 1 overall Draft Pick. :mex:
Nope.

Not wondering at all.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

'Why' for the decent german Grabo, decent two way game, decent points.
Is a creative playmaker and offensive forward. Has vastly improved the way in which he uses space and his linemates. Displays a feisty disposition, excellent skating skills, and a solid work ethic on most nights.
Prefer Bolland over him though.
Betamax wrote:Yeah, you gotta wonder if Bolland will be signed to "mentor" Horvat in how to be an effective third line centre in the NHL, or be the guy that takes his spot when Bo is traded to acquire the 2014 No. 1 overall Draft Pick. :mex:
:thumbs: :o

Hank isn't superman anymore, Kesler gone, we are gonna need a two-way type to hold the fort down while we bring along Horvat, Gaunce, Cassels and whoever else we may get this draft and trades.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote:'
Hank isn't superman anymore, Kesler gone, we are gonna need a two-way type to hold the fort down while we bring along Horvat, Gaunce, Cassels and whoever else we may get this draft and trades.
You want Grabovski or Bolland to bring along these youngsters?

If we sign centres and fill roster spots with second rate players where exactly do the kids play?

Lemme answer that for you - Utica or junior. Can't wait to see how Grabovski or Bolland bring along our prospects through correspondence!!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Let's keep in mind that Skyo was absolutely THRILLED at the prospect of a 38 year-old Daniel Sedin earning 7 million a season.

:lol:

Still my boy though Skyo.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Rumsfeld wrote:Let's keep in mind that Skyo was absolutely THRILLED at the prospect of a 38 year-old Daniel Sedin earning 7 million a season.

With the salary cap trending upwards, 7M will be what many second liners makes in four years. Now could the Sedins' still play at a second line level in four years? I say there's an OK chance that will happen. :mex:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Betamax wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Let's keep in mind that Skyo was absolutely THRILLED at the prospect of a 38 year-old Daniel Sedin earning 7 million a season.

With the salary cap trending upwards, 7M will be what many second liners makes in four years. Now could the Sedins' still play at a second line level in four years? I say there's an OK chance that will happen. :mex:
Daniel can't play at a second line level right now dude.

And 7 million is what a first-line winger who plays on the second line might make in four years.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Betamax wrote:

Daniel can't play at a second line level right now dude.

And 7 million is what a first-line winger who plays on the second line might make in four years.
Well, this is an important year for the Sedins to prove there doubters wrong. I think it had a lot to due with the shitty coaching. I mean they looked like 1st line star players for the first 15 games (albeit overused) where they were at around a PPG pace. Then it all went downhill from there. :mex:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'm trying to get work done ffs! :p
Aaronp18 wrote:
SKYO wrote:'
You want Grabovski or Bolland to bring along these youngsters?

If we sign centres and fill roster spots with second rate players where exactly do the kids play?

Lemme answer that for you - Utica or junior. Can't wait to see how Grabovski or Bolland bring along our prospects through correspondence!!
Hank
Bolland
Reinhart/Horvat
Richardson

Develop SR for two seasons, Bolland slides down to 3rd line when the youngster is ready, in 4 years Hanks contract is finished just enough time for the youngsters to take over 100%.

We got no choice with the Sedin's, when they're both healthy they are a force LOL, but yes it is true.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

SKYO wrote: Develop SR for two seasons, Bolland slides down to 3rd line when the youngster is ready, in 4 years Hanks contract is finished just enough time for the youngsters to take over 100%.
So in 2 years from now you have an injury prone 3rd line C in Bolland making $5M for 5 more years...

:stupid:

;)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

KeyserSoze wrote:
SKYO wrote: Develop SR for two seasons, Bolland slides down to 3rd line when the youngster is ready, in 4 years Hanks contract is finished just enough time for the youngsters to take over 100%.
So in 2 years from now you have an injury prone 3rd line C in Bolland making $5M for 5 more years...

:stupid:

;)
I didn't say sign him for 7 years, but thanks for coming out.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Mondi wrote:Speaking of Daniel Sedin, what do these names have in common:

Jamie McGiin
Brad Richards
Olli Jokinen
Vincent Lecavelier
Mason Raymond
Alex Kilorn
Carl Sodeberg
Ryan Garbutt

They all out scored former Art Ross winner Daniel Sedin last season.
None of said individuals played unter the Torts' "system" if you can call it that, however. :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: I didn't say sign him for 7 years, but thanks for coming out.
That's what he's rumoured to be asking for. And some stupid GM will give it to him.

If it was short term, then maybe. But he's injury prone and wants to get something long term for security!

That's why he should be on the do not touch list.