Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Post by Strangelove »

Disagree on some of your points IN.

But like I say, gotta run, later...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

One of the most overrated players in the game today. Good player but overrated.

No thanks.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:One of the most overrated players in the game today. Good player but overrated.

No thanks.
Bolland seems like a good fit for the Oilers. The team that allegedly offered Clarkson more money than the leaves. Maybe they "get lucky" this time. LOL. :mex:
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Rumsfeld wrote:I don't want that piece of shit on my team.

He's always injured and IMO overrated. I'm all for adding grit and toughness but Bolland is not the answer.

If we're going to spend that kind of cash on a UFA forward, we may as well go after Stastny.

Word.

People here also forget this is the NHL and what Bolland got away with on the Sedins wouldn't be allowed by Bettman, Campbell and the rest of the corrupt inbreds in charge if Bolland skewered say, Logan Couture the same way he slew footed the Sedins. Bolland would be given suspension after suspension when he wasn't serving most of the game in the penalty box. No to Bolland.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Just because Bolland was mean to the Sedin's in the heat of the moment isn't much of a reason to not want him lol plus he did apologize for the bunk bed comments.aha
It has been almost two years since Bolland, speaking on Chicago radio station WGN, referred to the Sedin twins as “sisters” and implied they sleep in “bunk beds.” He has since apologized for his comments. But here in hockey-crazed Vancouver, they have not forgotten. Nor forgiven.

“It was the one mistake I’ve made in my life,” Bolland said in an interview this week. “Everyone makes them. Things like that happen. It’ll be something I put behind me.”

Truth be told, Bolland has been everything but a goon in his time in Toronto. He has scored huge goals, been outstanding on the penalty-kill and likely will be given the task of trying to shut down the Sedins on Saturday in much the same way he smothered Crosby one week earlier, although Canucks coach John Tortorella has the advantage of the final line change.

“The Sedins are great players,” Bolland said. “I played so many games against them in the past. If you let them go for a second or two, they’ll be putting the puck through your legs and in the back of your net. So when we do go in there, we’ve got to be ready for them.

“When you get under guys’ skins, you get them off their games. It’s huge for your team and it’s huge for confidence when you get them off their games.”

As for the frosty reception from the capacity throng that awaits him, well, he’s already prepared.

“You feed of it when you go into a rink and the fans don’t like you and all that,” Bolland said. “But for me, whenever you are going into a rink for a big game to face a great team, you always get a rush.

“When you see the signs that people make about you, you laugh and have some fun with it. It’s fun when you get a reaction. You want to go into a building and you want to play hard so that the fans remember who you are when you come back all the time.

“I think Vancouver was that one place that, when we went back, the team and myself always got up for.”

ENEMIES NOW BUDS

On the same ice surface where they experienced so many grudge matches against each other over the years, bitter foes Mason Raymond and David Bolland have now become friends with a common goal: Help the leaves beat the Vancouver Canucks Saturday at Rogers Arena.

Not so long ago, Chicago’s Bolland was trying to defeat Raymond’s Canucks. Now they are linemates with the leaves along with David Clarkson.

We’ve had some huge battles,” Bolland said, “although I’m probably the one who’s disliked in Vancouver over the past years.

“Hockey is different in that way. One day you’re against each other and the next thing you know you’re sitting beside him in the room, you’re buddies, and you’re on the same line.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/31/ma ... -vancouver
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Well, shit. I didn't realize he had a great season playing 23 games for the leaves... We better sign this guy Mason Raymond too.

Wouldn't his ability to play on both the second or third line by definition make him a "tweener". You know RD won't have that. Sorry, this won't work.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote: I think he agrees to $4.5m average IF IT'S FRONT LOADED.

That way he'd have a low salary after 4 years which would make him trade-able buyout-able.
It's a bit tougher to do front loaded deals these days.

A players lowest season can only drop to 50% of his best season, and year-to-year cannot fluctuate more than 35%. So if you wanted to give Bolland $31.5M (lol even typing that) over 7 years, it would have to look something like this.

6,6,5,5,3.25,3.25,3 =$31.5M ($4.5/cap)

Remember the lowest number you can go in this scenario is 3. If you gave him $10M off the bat, the lowest any individual year could go would be $5M. I'm not sure Dave Bolland will be a $3M+ player when he's in his mid-30's. Frankly, I''m not sure he'll survive in the league until he's in his mid-30's.
Upon the completion of the 7-year-contract he'd be 34.

And probably STILL one of the best 3rd-liners in the league.
Island Nucklehead wrote: Basically, if Dave Bolland wants 7 years good for him, I don't want the Canucks anywhere near that for a bottom-6 caliber player.
Dave Bolland is one of the best 3rd line centres in the league.

A $4.5m cap hit might be a tad high the first 2 years, but it's probably good for the last 5 (cap goes up).

And as I say, after 4 years he's totally trade-able with a $3.25 salary in a $90m salary cap world (at age 31)

(or even totally buyout-able if it came to that).

All this hate from Canuck fans for Bolland!!

Is it because he called Vancouver "a city full of weirdos"? :lol:

*looks around at all the socks and secret partnerships

Hmmmm.... :look:

I like to think the Bolland hate would disappear pretty quickly if he were to become a Canuck.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BurningBeard wrote: Wouldn't his ability to play on both the second or third line by definition make him a "tweener". You know RD won't have that. Sorry, this won't work.
Oh yeah. :look:

Scratch Bolland off the list, because RD would be screaming "USELESS SHUTDOWN TWEENER!!" for 7 years.

#cityofweirdos
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:I want nothing to do with Bolland on a 7 year deal. That's ridiculous.

Let someone else pay him that much for that long. He's a 40-point, injury-prone, 3rd line center that wants the security of a deal that takes him until he's 35.

And he will get it too. But I agree I hope it's not from us.
Didn't he play 1C

For the Leaves :rofl:
3rd line centre actually.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BigTuna wrote:
Topper wrote:Didn't he play 1C

Like there's a difference there...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Cornuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Topper wrote:Didn't he play 1C

Like there's a difference there...
Bozak and Kadri are crap?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Signing these so called name brand, late twenties, 3rd line agitators who rode the coattails of an elite hockey team - the Blackhawks and saw their value get overhyped because of always ends up biting the team that signed him in the ass.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote:
Bozak and Kadri are crap.
Well if you say so, who are we to argue with you?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Here's the thing, addition of a guy who cranks it up in the playoffs. Knows how to be a role player, has a Stanley cup ring. Has guts and has shut down the Sedins in the past...for just cash..

That's a guy you want on your team ain't it?

Yep I think so
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

ukcanuck wrote:Here's the thing, addition of a guy who cranks it up in the playoffs. Knows how to be a role player, has a Stanley cup ring. Has guts and has shut down the Sedins in the past...for just cash..

That's a guy you want on your team ain't it?

Yep I think so
If the team is a contender, sure, but the Canucks are not and will not be a contender this season and probably next. The club needs a new #1 line. Not a veteran goalie,not another 3rd line C,not some more bottom 6 talent, they need a new #1 line.