Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby black ace » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:30 am

Apparently Canucks were one of 7-8 teams to contact UFA Dave Bolland shortly after midnight. He reportedly wants a 7-8 year deal for 5 mill.

Where do you see him fitting in on this team ?

I see him ideally as a 3rd line center but if Kesler goes does that make him the 2nd line center? What does that mean for Horvat possibly making this team next year ? Shift him to the wing ?
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Island Nucklehead » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:36 am

I want nothing to do with Bolland on a 7 year deal. That's ridiculous.

Let someone else pay him that much for that long. He's a 40-point, injury-prone, 3rd line center that wants the security of a deal that takes him until he's 35.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:36 am

7 years at 5 million, wow. I don't see him as a long term solution to the second line. I'd be sad to see it even as a short term solution. That's more money than Gaborik but less than Calli got from Tampa and I rate both those players ahead of Bolland. I think he would be and ideal third line centre but as time goes on a fourth liner. I just don't know how durable he will be over the next seven years.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:37 am

black ace wrote:Apparently Canucks were one of 7-8 teams to contact UFA Dave Bolland shortly after midnight. He reportedly wants a 7-8 year deal for 5 mill.

I think many teams would like to have him, but that seems a little rich for someone who's never scored 20 goals.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:37 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:I want nothing to do with Bolland on a 7 year deal. That's ridiculous.

Let someone else pay him that much for that long. He's a 40-point, injury-prone, 3rd line center that wants the security of a deal that takes him until he's 35.



And he will get it too. But I agree I hope it's not from us.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby black ace » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:41 am

news 1130 is reporting that Bolland wants to see how the Kesler situation plays out before looking too hard at the Canucks.

And for those that LOVE to discredit sources...News1130 is actually fairly accurate with their postings.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby black ace » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:42 am

I see Edmonton as a decent fit for Bolland. Doubt he would want to go there though.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:45 am

I don't want that piece of shit on my team.

He's always injured and IMO overrated. I'm all for adding grit and toughness but Bolland is not the answer.

If we're going to spend that kind of cash on a UFA forward, we may as well go after Stastny.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Jovocop » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:45 am

More and more rumours...

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
The #Canucks also playing phone tag with Jonas Hiller's agent - but he also represents Deryk Engelland and Joe Vitale.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
#Canucks have called 2 big names UFA's today - Dave Bolland and Ryan Miller.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Sources tell me, Miller would have no issues playing in Vancouver

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for UFA goalie Ryan Miller. Can't imagine Eddie Lack will be happy.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Also Shawn Thornton's agent has not heard from the #Canucks yet.

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports
#Canucks looking for bottom 6 help - they have not called the agents for Brian Boyle, Vern Fiddler or Steve Ott so far this morning.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Jovocop » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 am

Rumsfeld wrote:I don't want that piece of shit on my team.

He's always injured and IMO overrated. I'm all for adding grit and toughness but Bolland is not the answer.

If we're going to spend that kind of cash on a UFA forward, we may as well go after Stastny.


No kidding, that rat just makes me puke.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby black ace » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:47 am

wow. Someone in this market finally has a source.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby herb » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:48 am

Rumsfeld wrote:If we're going to spend that kind of cash on a UFA forward, we may as well go after Stastny.


Yup.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2174
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:49 am

Miller huh. Skyo just shot a load.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Jovocop » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:51 am

This is funny. :mrgreen:

Image
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Canucks interested in Dave Bolland

Postby Island Nucklehead » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 am

Jovocop wrote:More and more rumours...

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
The #Canucks also playing phone tag with Jonas Hiller's agent - but he also represents Deryk Engelland and Joe Vitale.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
#Canucks have called 2 big names UFA's today - Dave Bolland and Ryan Miller.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Sources tell me, Miller would have no issues playing in Vancouver

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Have learned the #Canucks have called the agent for UFA goalie Ryan Miller. Can't imagine Eddie Lack will be happy.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Also Shawn Thornton's agent has not heard from the #Canucks yet.

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports
#Canucks looking for bottom 6 help - they have not called the agents for Brian Boyle, Vern Fiddler or Steve Ott so far this morning.


Honestly, that doesn't really tell us a whole lot. Tells us the management is doing their jobs and looking at who's available for what price. If Benning missed a chance to sign Miller for $1M per season, because he didn't pick up the phone, we'd be pissed.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jackalman and 8 guests