2014 UFA Offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Island Nucklehead » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:02 pm

SKYO wrote:I can't see a Hurricane territory like scenario here mr clam.


Nope. We have better goaltending.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4033
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby ClamRussel » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote:I can't see a Hurricane territory like scenario here mr clam.


Nope. We have better goaltending.

We shall see.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3609
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby SKYO » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:47 pm

SKYO wrote:June 25 - With Booth bought out plus if Kesler traded for prospects/picks and Garrison/or/Tanev traded to move up, man we'd have almost $18-$20M in cap space haha. :o and thats with Kassian re-signed at $1.75M per (bridge contract)


:thumbs:

And time for my next prediction Tanev 4 years @ $3M per - limited no trade clause (5 teams he won't waive to)
or NO ntc at all.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Zamboni Driver » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:25 am

Santorelli signed by the Laffs for 1 yr 1.5 million. :?
I would have like to see us keep him as an insurance policy. :|
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 am

SKYO wrote:
SKYO wrote:June 25 - With Booth bought out plus if Kesler traded for prospects/picks and Garrison/or/Tanev traded to move up, man we'd have almost $18-$20M in cap space haha. :o and thats with Kassian re-signed at $1.75M per (bridge contract)


:thumbs:

And time for my next prediction Tanev 4 years @ $3M per - limited no trade clause (5 teams he won't waive to)
or NO ntc at all.



Is Tanev even eligible for a NTC?
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Island Nucklehead » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:56 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:
SKYO wrote:June 25 - With Booth bought out plus if Kesler traded for prospects/picks and Garrison/or/Tanev traded to move up, man we'd have almost $18-$20M in cap space haha. :o and thats with Kassian re-signed at $1.75M per (bridge contract)


:thumbs:

And time for my next prediction Tanev 4 years @ $3M per - limited no trade clause (5 teams he won't waive to)
or NO ntc at all.



Is Tanev even eligible for a NTC?


And why would Benning give him one? He's either a Canuck, or he doesn't play NHL hockey. If someone wants to give him an offer sheet we wouldn't match (say 7 years @ $6M per) I'd take the 1st + 2nd + 3rd round picks and say thank you very much.

Tanev strikes me as someone who values himself highly. There's nothing wrong with that, but we could be looking at a player that wants to sign only until he's UFA-eligible. It was a battle last time getting him signed, and it's shaping up that way again this summer. If that's the case I'd be looking to deal him before his next contract is up. He's not a franchise d-man.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4033
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests