2014 UFA Offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Jovocop » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson.


LOL would you?

:lol:


If the Coyotes could trade B.J. Crombeen for Sam Gagner, Sestito for Eriksson is not impossible. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson.


LOL would you?

:lol:


If the Coyotes could trade B.J. Crombeen for Sam Gagner, Sestito for Eriksson is not impossible. :mrgreen:


Salary dump or not, you can always do better than a fucking Sestito for an Ericsson.

This isn't NHL 14 folks.

*Pees on corpse of Brown Knight*
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Jovocop » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson.


LOL would you?

:lol:


If the Coyotes could trade B.J. Crombeen for Sam Gagner, Sestito for Eriksson is not impossible. :mrgreen:


Salary dump or not, you can always do better than a fucking Sestito for an Ericsson.

This isn't NHL 14 folks.

*Pees on corpse of Brown Knight*


That is what Steve Yzerman was thinking. I bet NHL 14 is more reasonable in terms of trading than the actual NHL right now... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby mathonwy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson. Gives them a cheap 4th liner and frees up about 3.4. Purely a cap move for them. Throw in a 7th if you have to or throw in Kellan Lain if you have to.


You get 4 Sestitos for this comment.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Wouldn't miss Sestito at all. He's quite shitty but he sure can take a punch
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Well it doesn't even have to be a roster player. Boston needs to dump cap. Why not a 5th-7th pick and a c level prospect. I'm not suggesting it is a market hockey trade but a pure cap dump. Ericksson gives a top six with a two year term and some history with the twins. I know it doesn't make us tougher to play against but some skill on the team would be nice. Unless you think one of our skilled kids is ready to step in.

Anyway, just an example of the type of deal we should be looking at.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Well it doesn't even have to be a roster player. Boston needs to dump cap. Why not a 5th-7th pick and a c level prospect. I'm not suggesting it is a market hockey trade but a pure cap dump. Ericksson gives a top six with a two year term and some history with the twins. I know it doesn't make us tougher to play against but some skill on the team would be nice. Unless you think one of our skilled kids is ready to step in.

Anyway, just an example of the type of deal we should be looking at.


I'm sure Boston would demand a high pick for Ericsson. A Garrison salary dump just netted a 2nd.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Well it doesn't even have to be a roster player. Boston needs to dump cap. Why not a 5th-7th pick and a c level prospect. I'm not suggesting it is a market hockey trade but a pure cap dump. Ericksson gives a top six with a two year term and some history with the twins. I know it doesn't make us tougher to play against but some skill on the team would be nice. Unless you think one of our skilled kids is ready to step in.

Anyway, just an example of the type of deal we should be looking at.


I'm sure Boston would demand a high pick for Ericsson. A Garrison salary dump just netted a 2nd.


True, but we weren't in a cap crunch and desperate to clear cap space. Ericksson could be an Ehrhoff type of dump. But of course if other teams were in play then I agree he would get much more.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Canuck-One » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:25 pm

It will depend on how desperate Boston is to dump salary. I would keep Sestito until someone tough enough can replace him. I don't care if he gives or takes the punch, he still shows up. That's a lot better than some on this team.
User avatar
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am
Location: Living the Life

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby sagebrush » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:29 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't miss Sestito at all. He's quite shitty but he sure can take a punch

Definitely a more impressive punching bag than Daniel.
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Boston Canucker » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Boston is looking to trade both Eriksson and Marchand. Combined 8.75 cap hit. If they can move both of those contracts the could re-sign all their FA and make room for Iginla. It will mean letting their younger players have more significant minutes.

I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson. Gives them a cheap 4th liner and frees up about 3.4. Purely a cap move for them. Throw in a 7th if you have to or throw in Kellan Lain if you have to.

We get a top six to play with the twins, only under contract for two years so if he is bust here not a lot of term to worry about but if he can show some of that magic he had with them at the World's.....

Boston gets needed cap relief plus a cheap 4th plug to replace Thoronton's minutes and a C level prospect that is a monster that who knows they could develop into a Thoronton further replacement.

Trade Marchand in a similar type of move and they will be out of cap hell.


If the Canucks could get Eriksson without giving up much, that would be a nice get. He's had some real nice offensive years in Dallas, and played a different role on a team that plays a different way in Boston. I think he'd be a really good fit for us. Plays a smart game and can score, and yes, has history with the Sedins. The Bruins do need that cap relief, so maybe Benning can come up with something...better Erickson at 4.2 over the next two years than throwing bad money at some of the over-rated UFA forwards out there (Moulson etc)
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Ya let's get Ericksson to play with the twins. Sign Iginla to play with Bonino and Kassian. That leaves everyone else to compete for the bottom 6. Add Miller and BAM...instant contender :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:14 pm

sagebrush wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't miss Sestito at all. He's quite shitty but he sure can take a punch

Definitely a more impressive punching bag than Daniel.


My good buddy Blobby Budweisers loves Sestito
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4600
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby SKYO » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Ya let's get Ericksson to play with the twins. Sign Iginla to play with Bonino and Kassian. That leaves everyone else to compete for the bottom 6. Add Miller and BAM...instant contender :mrgreen:

Somehow I doubt we can get Eriksson for cheap even it is a cap dump, I think they let Iggy go and let Eriksson take his spot.
And if they want to save on the cap they'll trade one of Kelly, McQuaid or Marchand first.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Postby BurningBeard » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:07 pm

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Ya let's get Ericksson to play with the twins. Sign Iginla to play with Bonino and Kassian. That leaves everyone else to compete for the bottom 6. Add Miller and BAM...instant contender :mrgreen:

Somehow I doubt we can get Eriksson for cheap even it is a cap dump, I think they let Iggy go and let Eriksson take his spot.
And if they want to save on the cap they'll trade one of Kelly, McQuaid or Marchand first.

I would trade them Sestito for Marchand. :thumbs:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests