2014 UFA Offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Post by Rumsfeld »

Jovocop wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson.
LOL would you?

:lol:
If the Coyotes could trade B.J. Crombeen for Sam Gagner, Sestito for Eriksson is not impossible. :mrgreen:
Salary dump or not, you can always do better than a fucking Sestito for an Ericsson.

This isn't NHL 14 folks.

*Pees on corpse of Brown Knight*
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson.
LOL would you?

:lol:
If the Coyotes could trade B.J. Crombeen for Sam Gagner, Sestito for Eriksson is not impossible. :mrgreen:
Salary dump or not, you can always do better than a fucking Sestito for an Ericsson.

This isn't NHL 14 folks.

*Pees on corpse of Brown Knight*
That is what Steve Yzerman was thinking. I bet NHL 14 is more reasonable in terms of trading than the actual NHL right now... :mrgreen:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote: I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson. Gives them a cheap 4th liner and frees up about 3.4. Purely a cap move for them. Throw in a 7th if you have to or throw in Kellan Lain if you have to.
You get 4 Sestitos for this comment.

ImageImageImageImage
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Wouldn't miss Sestito at all. He's quite shitty but he sure can take a punch
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well it doesn't even have to be a roster player. Boston needs to dump cap. Why not a 5th-7th pick and a c level prospect. I'm not suggesting it is a market hockey trade but a pure cap dump. Ericksson gives a top six with a two year term and some history with the twins. I know it doesn't make us tougher to play against but some skill on the team would be nice. Unless you think one of our skilled kids is ready to step in.

Anyway, just an example of the type of deal we should be looking at.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hockey Widow wrote:Well it doesn't even have to be a roster player. Boston needs to dump cap. Why not a 5th-7th pick and a c level prospect. I'm not suggesting it is a market hockey trade but a pure cap dump. Ericksson gives a top six with a two year term and some history with the twins. I know it doesn't make us tougher to play against but some skill on the team would be nice. Unless you think one of our skilled kids is ready to step in.

I'm sure Boston would demand a high pick for Ericsson. A Garrison salary dump just netted a 2nd.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Well it doesn't even have to be a roster player. Boston needs to dump cap. Why not a 5th-7th pick and a c level prospect. I'm not suggesting it is a market hockey trade but a pure cap dump. Ericksson gives a top six with a two year term and some history with the twins. I know it doesn't make us tougher to play against but some skill on the team would be nice. Unless you think one of our skilled kids is ready to step in.

I'm sure Boston would demand a high pick for Ericsson. A Garrison salary dump just netted a 2nd.
True, but we weren't in a cap crunch and desperate to clear cap space. Ericksson could be an Ehrhoff type of dump. But of course if other teams were in play then I agree he would get much more.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

It will depend on how desperate Boston is to dump salary. I would keep Sestito until someone tough enough can replace him. I don't care if he gives or takes the punch, he still shows up. That's a lot better than some on this team.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't miss Sestito at all. He's quite shitty but he sure can take a punch
Definitely a more impressive punching bag than Daniel.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Hockey Widow wrote:Boston is looking to trade both Eriksson and Marchand. Combined 8.75 cap hit. If they can move both of those contracts the could re-sign all their FA and make room for Iginla. It will mean letting their younger players have more significant minutes.

I would trade them Sestito for Eriksson. Gives them a cheap 4th liner and frees up about 3.4. Purely a cap move for them. Throw in a 7th if you have to or throw in Kellan Lain if you have to.

We get a top six to play with the twins, only under contract for two years so if he is bust here not a lot of term to worry about but if he can show some of that magic he had with them at the World's.....

Boston gets needed cap relief plus a cheap 4th plug to replace Thoronton's minutes and a C level prospect that is a monster that who knows they could develop into a Thoronton further replacement.

Trade Marchand in a similar type of move and they will be out of cap hell.
If the Canucks could get Eriksson without giving up much, that would be a nice get. He's had some real nice offensive years in Dallas, and played a different role on a team that plays a different way in Boston. I think he'd be a really good fit for us. Plays a smart game and can score, and yes, has history with the Sedins. The Bruins do need that cap relief, so maybe Benning can come up with something...better Erickson at 4.2 over the next two years than throwing bad money at some of the over-rated UFA forwards out there (Moulson etc)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya let's get Ericksson to play with the twins. Sign Iginla to play with Bonino and Kassian. That leaves everyone else to compete for the bottom 6. Add Miller and BAM...instant contender :mrgreen:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

sagebrush wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't miss Sestito at all. He's quite shitty but he sure can take a punch
Definitely a more impressive punching bag than Daniel.
My good buddy Blobby Budweisers loves Sestito
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ya let's get Ericksson to play with the twins. Sign Iginla to play with Bonino and Kassian. That leaves everyone else to compete for the bottom 6. Add Miller and BAM...instant contender :mrgreen:
Somehow I doubt we can get Eriksson for cheap even it is a cap dump, I think they let Iggy go and let Eriksson take his spot.
And if they want to save on the cap they'll trade one of Kelly, McQuaid or Marchand first.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Ya let's get Ericksson to play with the twins. Sign Iginla to play with Bonino and Kassian. That leaves everyone else to compete for the bottom 6. Add Miller and BAM...instant contender :mrgreen:
Somehow I doubt we can get Eriksson for cheap even it is a cap dump, I think they let Iggy go and let Eriksson take his spot.
And if they want to save on the cap they'll trade one of Kelly, McQuaid or Marchand first.
I would trade them Sestito for Marchand. :thumbs:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

BurningBeard wrote:
SKYO wrote:
I would trade them Sestito for Marchand. :thumbs:
Marchand can show these guys the proper technique for hoisting the cup... provided they kiss the ring first.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!