2014 UFA Offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Post by Betamax » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Hearing Canucks interested in bringing Tanner Glass back. Now wtf. First Dorsett and now possibly Glass.
via: https://twitter.com/botchford/status/482714006374088704

This might explain things ...........
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford

Benning: never considered a Russian "want to get this team to a meat and potato style"

7:36 PM - 27 Jun 2014
Meat and potatoes is great and all ... but how about some fine dining once in a while? :mex:

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Hearing Canucks interested in bringing Tanner Glass back. Now wtf. First Dorsett and now possibly Glass.
Tanner Glass
Derek Dorsett
Jeff Cowan

Phear.

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:16 pm

Betamax wrote:
via: https://twitter.com/botchford/status/482714006374088704

This might explain things ...........

Benning: never considered a Russian "want to get this team to a meat and potato style"

Meat and potatoes is great and all ... but how about some fine dining once in a while? :mex:
KHL is one of the big reasons not to draft Russian unless they are at the elite level. Besides there are some fancy meat and potato...

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Aquaman hasn't been shy about spending before. There's a lot of cap space available to the Canucks now.

+

Iginla knows Benning, has his summer house in the Okanagan, & recently learned that his old Canucks nemesis (Kesler) is no longer a Canuck. :idea:

Could something be brewing that would piss the CP crew off?

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 pm

sagebrush wrote:Aquaman hasn't been shy about spending before. There's a lot of cap space available to the Canucks now.

+

Iginla knows Benning, has his summer house in the Okanagan, & recently learned that his old Canucks nemesis (Kesler) is no longer a Canuck. :idea:

Whil it would be fun to watch Bountiful Implode, would they organize another jersey group buy or a bonfire of the vanities or both, Iggie is on the same selfish run as Kesler.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

xtr3m
AHL Prospect

Post by xtr3m » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 pm

Glass is from SK so it checks out.

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:12 am

Betamax wrote:

But Russians *love* potatoes...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:16 am

sagebrush wrote:Aquaman hasn't been shy about spending before. There's a lot of cap space available to the Canucks now.

+

I mentioned the same in another thread... plus Linden has to do his buddy a solid for that handshake line... ;)

I have no idea why Iggy would want to do that though. He should be trying to sign for a year with a team like LA or Chicago.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.

CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:32 am

saw tanner the other day down town...

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:53 am

CorranHorn wrote:saw tanner the other day down town...
He has an off season home here. Has three teams interested in him but thinking hard about returning to the Canucks. Guess it will depend on how badly they want him.
The only HW the Canucks need

Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:10 am

I'm surprised we're 6 pages in and nobody seems interested in Devin Setoguchi who (at 27) is an available UFA. I know he struggled in the 'Peg last season, but he might be worth a look. Because of his struggles, the contract might be on the reasonable side...

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Don't know if this was posted..

Chicago cuts cap by trading Bollig to the frickin' flames. :o

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... &utm_tags=
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Hearing Canucks trying to move a few more pieces before July first. Have a list of 5 players they are interested in as FA, not all five at once, and want to shed contracts. Don't have names yet, maybe closer to Tuesday I might get some info.

Definitely want to make the playoffs while also allowing 1-2 of their young kids a chance to play. By young kids I mean their prospects, not Vey, Bonino or Sbisa, they are considered roster players for them at this point. Hoping Horvat is ready but prepared to let him play his final year in junior, won't rush him.

They feel they need to clear out a few more bottom six type players to clear up spots for competition.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Hearing Canucks trying to move a few more pieces before July first. Have a list of 5 players they are interested in as FA, not all five at once, and want to shed contracts. Don't have names yet, maybe closer to Tuesday I might get some info.

Definitely want to make the playoffs while also allowing 1-2 of their young kids a chance to play. By young kids I mean their prospects, not Vey, Bonino or Sbisa, they are considered roster players for them at this point. Hoping Horvat is ready but prepared to let him play his final year in junior, won't rush him.

They feel they need to clear out a few more bottom six type players to clear up spots for competition.
That's Hansen I bet, honeybadger's time has come to an end as he's become redundant for his 3rd line role.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:32 pm

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Hearing Canucks trying to move a few more pieces before July first. Have a list of 5 players they are interested in as FA, not all five at once, and want to shed contracts. Don't have names yet, maybe closer to Tuesday I might get some info.

That's Hansen I bet, honeybadger's time has come to an end as he's become redundant for his 3rd line role.

Could be Hansen, Sestito, Richardson, Matthias, Higgins or Burrows.