If it took Horvat + 6th to acquire 2014 1st pick, would ya?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If trading Horvat + 6th pick was the only way to acquire the 2014 1st pick, would ya do it?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 am

YES! YES! YES!
18%
NO means NO.
76%
Other (Please explain in post)
6%

Total votes: 49

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: If it took Horvat + 6th to acquire 2014 1st pick, would

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:Horvat, Cassels, McCann, Gaunce

ALL two-way centers lol, no game breakers. :(
If they don't have game breakers at C, maybe they have some at wing.

If so, who?

Shinkaruk who was being shopped? :hmmm:

Maybe next year. #TANK :mex:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Just remember, lots of scouts said Kesler wouldn't be anything more than a 3rd line checking center. He turned out to be a game changer in the Nashville series.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Jovocop wrote:

Just remember, lots of scouts said Kesler wouldn't be anything more than a 3rd line checking center. He turned out to be a game changer in the Nashville series.
Yeah, maybe the Canucks' will get lucky just over two decades later. Apparently, McCann has a little bit of the Kesler "personality." :mex:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Betamax wrote:

If so, who?

Our future game breakers are already injured - Shink/Virtanen.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:
Betamax wrote:

If so, who?

Our future game breakers are already injured - Shink/Virtanen.
Shinkaruk in a recent interview says he is 100% but needs to be medically cleared before resuming contact, Virtanen is slated to be ready for contact by mid-October so he'll miss rookie and main camp and will almost assuredly go back to Junior and if things go well make Team Canada for the WJHC.

Anyway, has there been confirmation on what the Canucks' "best" offer was for the No. 1 pick (last I read it was 6th, 24th and Shinkaruk) .......... and what the Panthers wanted from the Canucks to pull the trigger? :mex:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The truth of the matter is, Tallon was jerking off the other GMs & was never serious abo trading that pick. He *might* have done it if he could have ass raped a team.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning flat out denied he tabled two first and Hunter. Confirmed Garrison was part of the original offer to Panthers, who said they were in a win now mode. Benning said he felt early on in the process Tallon was not trading the pick but was fishing to see if he could get anyone to bite. Didn't say what his final offer was but the impression I got was that it was a swap of picks plus a roster player not named Tanev.

Dreger fuelled this nonsense and was once again proven wrong. I think the Panthers leaked all these rumours to try and get a bidding war going but it never came.
The only HW the Canucks need
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:Benning flat out denied he tabled two first and Hunter. Confirmed Garrison was part of the original offer to Panthers, who said they were in a win now mode. Benning said he felt early on in the process Tallon was not trading the pick but was fishing to see if he could get anyone to bite. Didn't say what his final offer was but the impression I got was that it was a swap of picks plus a roster player not named Tanev.

Dreger fuelled this nonsense and was once again proven wrong. I think the Panthers leaked all these rumours to try and get a bidding war going but it never came.
I really hope it wasn't Shinkaruk that was offered ... because it will say a lot about the management team and their feelings about where they project him to be as an NHL player and what another GM thinks of him if they were to decline that type of offer. Originally it was @FriedgeHNIC that reported that trade offer, and he's shown to be very reliable. Best case scenario is that was what Tallon asked and GMJB rejected it but the way EF framed it, it seemed like that was what the Canucks offered to Tallon. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tallon is a clown
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:Tallon is a clown
Unfortunately that "clown" had the previous management team in Vancouver bent over not once but twice in trades. :(

But, it does seem he wasn't serious about moving the pick, just trying to draw attention to a franchise that most people don't give a crap about. So in a way, it was not a bad strategy, taking a chance that a team would be desperate enough to go all-in and severely overpay for the pick. :mex:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning said he didn't offer Hunter. Didn't offer any top prospects. Ya, I think it was more Tallon asking then leaking the info.
The only HW the Canucks need