The Final Buyout

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who do YOU think the Canucks should spend their last buyout on?

Alex Burrows
25%
David Booth
39%
Alex Edler
No votes
Chris Higgins
4%
Jannik Hansen
No votes
Alex Edler
No votes
Jason Garrison
4%
"Trade" the buyout
29%

Total votes: 28

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The Final Buyout

Post by Canuck-One »

I think Booth only has the upcoming season left on his contract doesn't he? He also hasn't had a decent shot at it while healthy. Burrows is a heart and soul guy who has earned another chance. Higgins hasn't done too much but I think that was because he was used outside of his comfort zone. I really don't see any of these guys being buyouts.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I had the opinion to buy him out long before Torts mentioned it . Heart and soul guy who bites , scratches,dives, pulls hair and balls like a bitch about the referee instead of handling his business like a man. They can't lose him fast enough for me .
I wanted him traded or allowed to walk before his current albatross deal.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah I remember you not wanting to re sign the biter . I was okay if he stayed or walked but I didn't like the term or the dollars . I would have preferred Shane Doan .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hmmmm I smell a Burrows production bet. :mex:

Who wants to be the next "Strangelove's Bitch"? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:Hmmmm I smell a Burrows production bet. :mex:

Who wants to be the next "Strangelove's Bitch"? :D
Uh, what about a Burrows' CBO bet?

Burrows is here to stay. :D

What say you? :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: Uh, what about a Burrows' CBO bet?

:D

Yeah Mr Burrows is here to stay and it would probably be best if Canuck fans embrace dat dere.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Can we buy out Mëds and reaquire jewmanji?

Edit- oh yeah and buy out Burrows. With kesler all but gone, getting rid of the final wanker from the west coast diving team can only help our team return to respectability.

Ya I said it

Careful Dan Mëds is 6ft 9 you know. He often comes into town to catch the games as he is a season ticket holder.
I've got a giant purple headed yoghurt slinger and a beer gut....
So it'll even out
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

One way or another Booth is gonna try to injure himself so he can't get cbo'd.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:One way or another Booth is gonna try to injure himself so he can't get cbo'd.
or by walking on wires. :lol:
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: Uh, what about a Burrows' CBO bet?

:D

Yeah Mr Burrows is here to stay and it would probably be best if Canuck fans embrace dat dere.
Its unfortunate but likely true. :(
Thomas K-thair
AHL Prospect

Post by Thomas K-thair »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Careful Dan Mëds is 6ft 9 you know. He often comes into town to catch the games as he is a season ticket holder.

He is 6ft 8 at best. Him and I have hooked up before at Rogers Arena. I am 6ft 6 so we are quite a site drinking beer together and eating a weiner.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

These buy outs... were they not intended to be some relief for the scale back on salary cap coming out of the lockout?

And has the cap not gone back up this season?

Moreover, did the last GM not just give the team a goaltenderectomy to the tune of ten million dollars (give or take a gold nugget here or there?)

Therefore asks I, what point in tossing the albatross and the bear?

All three on the Sedin line need to bounce back, and perhaps the bear will return a draft pick, or future consideration, or at least a roll of hockey tape next trade deadline..
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

I'd keep both Burrows and Booth.

If they are bought out, it's going to cost the team a bundle and then you have to replace them on the roster.

Who is going to replace them? I don't see anyone on the farm who is ready. Horvat? He should spend a year in the AHL imo before being called up. Free agents? Seems stupid to throw money at a free agent when we are in a long term re-build situation.

Booth has one year left on his deal...he is big and can skate...lets see if he can regain his form and trade him at the deadline for anything. If not, he leaves when his contract is up.

Burrows: I still think he has value and can rebound this coming year. He would make good trade bait in a year or two for a team challenging for the cup.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Zedlee wrote:I'd keep both Burrows and Booth.

If they are bought out, it's going to cost the team a bundle and then you have to replace them on the roster.

Who is going to replace them? I don't see anyone on the farm who is ready. Horvat? He should spend a year in the AHL imo before being called up. Free agents? Seems stupid to throw money at a free agent when we are in a long term re-build situation.

Booth has one year left on his deal...he is big and can skate...lets see if he can regain his form and trade him at the deadline for anything. If not, he leaves when his contract is up.

Burrows: I still think he has value and can rebound this coming year. He would make good trade bait in a year or two for a team challenging for the cup.

Horvat is not eligible to play in the AHL. It's either the Canucks or back to juniors. But I agree we are not really desperate to buy anyone out. If we need the cap then ya I can see a Booth buyout. I mean if the team is targeting a FA or two then I can see them going that route.

I doubt they buyout Burrows. He has trade value, if he would waive, but I just can't see them buying him out. I also think he will have a bounce back year. He may never get more than 20 goals in a season again but he has value beyond goals if he can stay healthy. Maybe not 4 million per value but value nonetheless.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Burrows has some of the biggest Canuck goals ever, but man did he fuck this franchise when he called out Auger or whatever that prick's name is.

We were getting the shaft before, but after that shit the league just went elbow-deep on our sphincters every chance they got. I mean it was like a pool party at CFP's place out there.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society