My biggest frustration with Canuckscorner.com & Canucks Fans

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: My biggest frustration with Canuckscorner.com & Canucks

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: You are correct, dudelove. I'm worried that you are going to end up being the next Spidey ....... :(
Relax my friend, the Great Strangelove is no hackneyed hacker.

I'm no Anarchist Arachnoid but I suppose Archivist is fair. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: He definitely is NOT TAFKATT.
Not what I was implying Blob.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: Is it a stretch to suggest that the search engine to dudelove is to what a wheelchair is to a paraplegic?

What say you? :mex:
I'd say you appear to be getting a tad nervous Mr artist_thinker@blah blah dot blah :mrgreen:
Could he be our Rolly Mingwald? :shock:

Judging by the incessant need for multiple personalities for self gratification purposes....I'll get my people working on it...will make for fascinating research paper :thumbs:
Well, in an indirect way ... Betamax is responsible for opening the door to this deviant behavior. Registration on this board was in lock down mode apparently due to spam accounts. Betamax contacted the head honcho via twitter a while back on why Betamax couldn't register on this board. It was then opened, and it's clear to read that some other kid(s) or existing member(s) have seized this opportunity to register additional accounts in a rather perverse way of trying to steal the limelight on Betamax's high definition posts.

C'est la vie ............ :mex:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: You are correct, dudelove. I'm worried that you are going to end up being the next Spidey ....... :(
Relax my friend, the Great Strangelove is no hackneyed hacker.

I'm no Anarchist Arachnoid but I suppose Archivist is fair. :D
No, you will never be Arachnid, not even close. Not educated or sophisticated, nor well travelled enough. Sad to say.

You are, however, the David Booth of CC, so take solace in that my good friend :thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Strangelove wrote:.
continued...

(note GM again with the “Roy/Brodeur” comparison) more from rockalt on Roy/Brodeur:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7614&start=15
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7602
more from Farhan (with his socks toucan, dork supporting) on Roy/Brodeur:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6879

So yeah, these two posters mirror each other on a few points here:

- Game 6 against the Hawks broke Luongo forever.

- Luongo was on the level of "Roy/Brodeur"

- I also ran some VERY RARE Farhan fave words/phrases and Rockalt showed up WAY more than he should.

Keep in mind, these are the ONLY TWO who constantly said these things in 10 years of posting.

That constant comparing of top goalies to "Roy/Brodeur" is significant

(why not "Hasek/Roy".. "Brodeur/Roy"... or as Mondi would say... "Schneider/Luongo" :mrgreen: )

Yeah, both of them say Luongo was in the "Brodeur/Roy" category until Game 6 vs Hawks DESTROYED HIM.

Perhaps Farhan merely influenced Rockalt in a major way?

It was a small community after all.

Before I rule Rockalt out completely Mr Perfect, can you tell me what "nationality" he is? :D

Sorry for the slow response Doc, I cut the lawn then spent the rest of the day doing happy hour at the neighbours. I met Rockalt back in January 2007 when Brian put together a CC meet and greet at the Shark Club. He is very Caucasian. FYI, Jyrki21 is a lawyer from Ottawa who posts mostly at offthepost (dot org).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mr perfect wrote: Sorry for the slow response Doc, I cut the lawn then spent the rest of the day doing happy hour at the neighbours. I met Rockalt back in January 2007 when Brian put together a CC meet and greet at the Shark Club. He is very Caucasian. FYI, Jyrki21 is a lawyer from Ottawa who posts mostly at offthepost (dot org).
Thanks! :thumbs:

So it appears Farhan has merely rubbed off A LOT on Rockalt and Jyrki21 over the years.

Now, do you think Jyrki21 would rather be known as a Farhan sock or a lawyer from Ottawa? :eh:

I kid, I kid, not all easterners are like the loser Arachnid (he's the Derek Joslin of CC). :mrgreen:

Thanks again Mr P, that was exactly what I was looking for.

PERFECT in fact. :wink:

NOW TO THE REST I SAY:

If any man can show just cause, why the following may not lawfully be joined together in unholy matrimony

.... let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace:

the toucan kid
Dr.Dork
Betamax
Farhan Lalji
The Brown Knight
Joe Rockhead
jchockey
Sid Dithers
Tcisco

:mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dr Dork actually had some good hockey takes . Not sure about him . I thought Joe Rockhead and Ververgaert were one and the same .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Dr Dork actually had some good hockey takes .
So.... one of these is not like the others? :lol:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Not sure about him . I thought Joe Rockhead and Ververgaert were one and the same .
Never heard of Ververgaert, perhaps he belongs on the list! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

continued...

(note GM again with the “Roy/Brodeur” comparison) more from rockalt on Roy/Brodeur:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7614&start=15
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7602
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6879

- I also ran some VERY RARE Farhan fave words/phrases and Rockalt showed up WAY more than he should.

Keep in mind, these are the ONLY TWO who constantly said these things in 10 years of posting.

(why not "Hasek/Roy".. "Brodeur/Roy"... or as Mondi would say... "Schneider/Luongo" :mrgreen: )

Yeah, both of them say Luongo was in the "Brodeur/Roy" category until Game 6 vs Hawks DESTROYED HIM.

Before I rule Rockalt out completely Mr Perfect, can you tell me what "nationality" he is? :D
LOL.

I'll try and salvage whatever is left of this thread. :oops:

You are 100% correct that I do believe that Luongo never fully recovered from the Game 6 loss in 2009 against the Hawks.

Although Luongo was still a very very good goalie after that, he just wasn't the same guy that he was when he was in Florida, and when he was during his first year here. The way he absolutely stone-walled Dallas in the 2007 playoffs that year was stuff of legends. If it wasn't for Luongo, Canucks would have tasted Dallas' cock big time, and probably would've lost in 4 or 5.

He had a bit of an off year in 07/08 since our Defensive corps was decimated with injury, but he was again on absolute fire at the start of 2008/09. Didn't he have like 4-5 shutouts in the first few months? Unfortunately, he got injured for two months, but was still a beast when he came back.

Long story short: I do think Luongo could've been the next Roy/Brodeur, etc. Or for a more modern example, what Jonathan Quick is right now. Instead - he ended up being a modern day version of Curtis Joseph..........which is still very very good, but not what he could have and should have been. At present day, I think he's about as good as guys like Mike Smith and Jimmy Howard. Certainly not like Lundquist, Price, and Quick where he should've been.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Dr Dork actually had some good hockey takes
I agree with this fully (even if you are praising him at my expense).

FYI,

Just for the record - the only two names I've ever had on here, post 2006, are 'Farhan Lalji' and 'The Brown Knight.'

I think back in 2004, I had a handle named 'Pantera' that lasted about a week before it got banned (for making a thread on the 'Bar and Grill' entitled, "I went to the store and bought some milk today."). :)

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Mëds wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: The other thing about Boston is this: Unless I'm mis-understanding their model, they don't seem too open to the idea of having a pure skilled forward. Everyone has to have some kind of grit. With that type of model, it seems like the Bruins would be far more reserved in terms of bringing in a guy like Martin St. Louis, or a Marian Gaborik, or *insert pure skilled forward here* whereas teams like Chicago and LA are more open in this regard.
6' 188lb David Krejci says hello.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hoc ... r.php?4653
Connor McHindu says hello back. :!:

Krejci might be dimunitive in stature, but he still plays with a decent amount of grit.

Again - I have no problem with "The Boston Model." It works, and has obviously been successful.

I just prefer the "LA model".......or the "Chicago model" which in my opinion, is slightly different from what Boston uses.

1) LA and Chicago are both willing to pick up guys that are COMPLETE skill players (even if they have very limited grit). LA for instance, brought in a guy like Gaborik. I think Boston would be far more reserved in making a move like that since maintaining their 'big/physical' identity takes a big precendence.

2) LA and Chicago have been extremely successful in signing core players to long term contracts and below market cap hits. Perhaps I am wrong, but I haven't seen Boston do a whole lot of this. Just look at the cap hits and contract lengths of guys like Carter, Doughty, Quick, Voynov, etc., and you'll see some serious genius at work. Chicago has had ups and downs with it's cap, but look at how they kept their CORE..........and got guys like Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, Kane, Toews, and Hossa to all sign long term at below market value cap hits.

Again - Boston has built an extremely successful model, but I don't think it's the "end all and be all." Given that LA and Chicago have built a more successful model (one of which that is slightly different from Boston's in my opinion), I think more people on here should be praising THOSE models instead of slobbering on Boston's nut sack.

Not everyone has to be 6'4 220 lbs. Sometimes in this Hindu life, small skill players like Marty St. Louis and Patrick Kane can provide great value to a team. Maybe Hunter Shinkaruk will be the same way. Lets atleast give Shinkaruk a chance before Canuck fans (online and offline) completely dismiss the kid.

The Dark Indian Rises
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Brown Knight wrote: Again - I have no problem with "The Boston Model." It works, and has obviously been successful.

I just prefer the "LA model".......or the "Chicago model" which in my opinion, is slightly different from what Boston uses.
Bin here .... progress is an illusion, wrought by idle minds

You get confused easily when going round in circles.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
mr perfect wrote: Hi Doc. I have met both Rockalt and Jyrki21 in person. They are two separate people. The dickwad claiming to be those posters isn't either of them. He's also not me either.
Thanks Mr Perfect, I will definitely take this into account as I step up my research.

He didn't claim to be YOU though, did he? :eh:
Jyrki21 does the unfunny comic strips of Elmer at hfboards. He registered here but then couldn't keep up so he is a senior poster at the shithole. I don't like Benning at all as most know but the klown show over at the pee pee pants board is a wreck. Jyrki21s comic strip feeds in to a that.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

mr perfect wrote:
continued...

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 4&start=15
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... f=2&t=7602
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... f=2&t=6879

Sorry for the slow response Doc, I cut the lawn then spent the rest of the day doing happy hour at the neighbours. I met Rockalt back in January 2007 when Brian put together a CC meet and greet at the Shark Club. He is very Caucasian. FYI, Jyrki21 is a lawyer from Ottawa who posts mostly at offthepost (dot org).
Ahaha somehow never saw this! Didn't realise I was on trial for being a potential clone due to my opinion on the turning point in Luongo's career. Thanks for vouching for me Mr. Perfect ;)

Does this dude still post here? Seemed to use Farhan most often but haven't seen him around in ages.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rockalt wrote: Ahaha somehow never saw this! Didn't realise I was on trial for being a potential clone due to my opinion on the turning point in Luongo's career. Thanks for vouching for me Mr. Perfect ;)

Does this dude still post here? Seemed to use Farhan most often but haven't seen him around in ages.
Twas all (well mostly) tongue-in-cheek. :wink:

For example, my buddy Rummy was C4L (here at the Corner only).

Hilarious thread from a brief time when we allowed some socks out of boredom.
____
Try to focus on someday.