Canucks with #6 overall

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks with #6 overall

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:19 am

Can't see RK waiving to go to the Isle
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Tciso » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:11 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

Although I think they're rankings are a bit questionable, as they have the top 5 as:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-draft/the-top-30-sportsnets-exclusive-2014-nhl-draft-rankings-1-10/

Hmm. trading our 6th and Horvat to move up one spot (using Sportsnet's rankings) looks pretty damned stupid now, dunnit?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Island Nucklehead » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 am

Tciso wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

Although I think they're rankings are a bit questionable, as they have the top 5 as:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-draft/the-top-30-sportsnets-exclusive-2014-nhl-draft-rankings-1-10/

Hmm. trading our 6th and Horvat to move up one spot (using Sportsnet's rankings) looks pretty damned stupid now, dunnit?

I can't fathom a scenario where Draisaitl goes ahead of Reinhart. It's even less plausible that Ritchie goes 3rd. I fully expect Reinhart/Ekblad/Bennett to go 1-2-3, just unsure of who goes where.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:29 am

RoyalDude wrote:Can't see RK waiving to go to the Isle

Probably not but if he really wants out of here he'll open up the possibility to more than 6 teams.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:09 pm

The other possibility is moving assets we get from RK or other pieces for Griffin.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Tciso wrote:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

Linden was on TEAM radio this morning and suggested that there is a 1st tier of four prospects of the 3 centres (Two Sams' and the DD) and Ekblad. That's why they want to move up, to draft one of the four. He was asked about The Son Of Paul and he said it is very unlikely he would be available at 6th. :mex:
"The Prodigal Son has returned."
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:41 pm

Betamax wrote:
Tciso wrote:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

Linden was on TEAM radio this morning and suggested that there is a 1st tier of four prospects of the 3 centres (Two Sams' and the DD) and Ekblad. That's why they want to move up, to draft one of the four. He was asked about The Son Of Paul and he said it is very unlikely he would be available at 6th. :mex:

I agree with Linden. Dal Colle does not belong in that group. He belongs with the next tier which is Nylander, Ritchie, Virtanen, Perlini, Fleury, Ehlers and Kapanen. I'm still taking Virtanen, Nylander and Ritchie ahead of Dal Colle if Dal Colle is there at 6.

I'm assuming DD is Leon Draisaitl and not Michael Dal Colle. No way I pick Dal Colle ahead of Draisatl
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:45 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Tciso wrote:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

I agree with Linden. Dal Colle does not belong in that group. He belongs with the next tier which is Nylander, Ritchie, Virtanen, Perlini, Fleury, Ehlers and Kapanen. I'm still taking Virtanen, Nylander and Ritchie ahead of Dal Colle if Dal Colle is there at 6.

I'm assuming DD is Leon Draisaitl and not Michael Dal Colle. No way I pick Dal Colle ahead of Draisatl

DD = (The) Deutschland Dangler :mex:
"The Prodigal Son has returned."
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Very little attention paid to Kasperi Kapanen...the top ranked Euro in this draft...has a little more size to his game than Nylander and appears to be that offensive weapon we lack up front without the defensive issues...
Plays right wing but oozes talent. Wouldn't be surprised to see his name called at #6 then go on to be the best of the bunch...
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:11 pm

More on Kapanen via the score:

Overview

The top-rated European skater in the draft pool, Kapanen is an offensively gifted player who cut his teeth in the pro game playing alongside his father and former NHLer Sami Kapanen with SM-Liiga's KalPa.

Unable to suit up for the gold-medal winning Finnish squad at the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship because of a shoulder injury, Kapanen posted respectable numbers for KalPa despite toiling for a last-place club at a young age.

Kapanen possesses elite, game-breaking abilities; a strong skater, he excels at both ends of the ice with a dangerous combination of puck handling, passing and shooting skills.

Projected as a top-10 pick, Kapanen would be a good fit for offensively-starved teams such as the Nashville Predators, Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks. Don't be surprised, however, to see him land in Carolina, where his father played for six years.

Pro Comparison

Patrick Kane, Ilya Kovalchuk
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat