Canucks with #6 overall

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks with #6 overall

Postby Tciso » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:45 am

Canuck-One wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:All fantasies aside, I fully expect Florida to be keeping their 1st overall. I've got a feeling that the name we will hear from Bennings mouth up on the podium will be - William Nylander. I think the Nucks will get Ottawas 10th pick via Kesler trade and that we will either draft Perlini or Fleury. Don't think Virtanen or Fatso Ritchie will be there at 10 but with the Canucks brass love for Virtanen they may make a move up from the 10th pick to get him

The Nucks want both Nylander and Virtanen

I hope you're correct RD as those two would fit this team like a glove!

The Doctor's prostate rubber glove, or OJ's Glove?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

I can't think of too many centers with a Nylander-sized frame playing 1C in the NHL, let alone the Western Conference.

The kid has mad skills though so I think he will make the league, albeit as a RW, not a center.

He has more top-line potential than a Ritchie or even a Virtanen IMO, but he also has a higher chance of busting out.

Gonna be a really interesting draft.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Schroeder is a good example why picking a small skilled forward could be very risky. In the East, he might be fine but would have a hard time surviving in the West.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Jovocop wrote:Schroeder is a good example why picking a small skilled forward could be very risky. In the East, he might be fine but would have a hard time surviving in the West.

Yeah. From what I've seen though, Nylander is considerably more skilled than Schroeder was in his draft year. I fucking hated that pick.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby the Dogsalmon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:29 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Schroeder is a good example why picking a small skilled forward could be very risky. In the East, he might be fine but would have a hard time surviving in the West.

Yeah. From what I've seen though, Nylander is considerably more skilled than Schroeder was in his draft year. I fucking hated that pick.

It was a waste of a pick...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ClamRussel » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:46 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:

It was a waste of a pick...

The next Parise, 'experts' said.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

Although I think they're rankings are a bit questionable, as they have the top 5 as:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-draft/the-top-30-sportsnets-exclusive-2014-nhl-draft-rankings-1-10/
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:20 pm

do not want dal colle.

apparently he was the runaway winner in worst interview category when put through the interviewing process at the combine but that is not why i dont want him, he's too gangly with his scrawny chicken legs. He will get busted up in the NHL pretty quickly. Predict a bust in Dal Colle

i could see Edmonton taking Ritchie
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

Although I think they're rankings are a bit questionable, as they have the top 5 as:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-draft/the-top-30-sportsnets-exclusive-2014-nhl-draft-rankings-1-10/

Well if that doesn't prove how all over the map the rankings are I don't know what does. I really think anything goes this year. Everything I've heard about Bennett, save the non-push-up, sounds fantastic. He mentored under Gilmour, and molds his game after him. Never a bad idea. They have Virtanen at 7, I'd bet JB snaps him up over Dal Cole if we're picking 6th.

Also, if Reinhart does drop that could open up the doors for us to trade up (on the cheap) if a team feels their player would still be available (ie swap for a draft pick, or roster player).
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:43 pm

If Reinhart makes it to 5 no way the Islanders not select him with his brother there, I don't care how many centres they have

Yeah still think the Canucks take Virtanen even if dal Colle is there. Would not surprise me seeing Dal Colle drop a fair bit

Buffalo will not take Ekblad. After picking Zadarov and Ritsolainen in the first round last year, who are better than Ekblad, not too mention already having Myers, it would be very redundant if they picked another D man like Ekblad. They need forwards
Last edited by RoyalDude on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Reinhart at 5. LOFL.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Reinhart at 5. LOFL.

Yeah that's a bad mock draft, one of the worst. I don't think grocery cart Skyo has made mock drafts this bad
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:53 pm

If somehow The Son Of Paul drops one spot further to 6th and the Canucks draft him for no additional cost, I will voluntarily leave this forum. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Betamax wrote:

If somehow The Son Of Paul drops one spot further to 6th and the Canucks draft him for no additional cost, I will voluntarily leave this forum. :mex:

So that would mean one handle less of you?
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:55 pm

RoyalDude wrote:If Reinhart makes it to 5 no way the Islanders not select him with his brother there, I don't care how many centres they have

Yeah still think the Canucks take Virtanen even if dal Colle is there. Would not surprise me seeing Dal Colle drop a fair bit

Buffalo will not take Ekblad. After picking Zadarov and Ritsolainen in the first round last year, who are better than Ekblad, not too mention already having Myers, it would be very redundant if they picked another D man like Ekblad. They need forwards

Speaking of brothers, if Van does land Sam would they go all in & make a move for Griffin? Perhaps Garth would like RK behind Tavares?
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat