Canucks with #6 overall

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks with #6 overall

Post by The Brown Knight »

dangler wrote:i hope the Canucks pass on Nylander. A 5'9/ 160lb. player would be a wasted 1st round pick
Agreed.

He also looks VERY feminine as well.

He looks like a younger version of Alicia Sylverstone and/or Drew Barrymore. That shit just ain't right.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nylander was 5'11 - 175 lbs at the combine and apparently was the strongest pound for pound there, excelled in all the strength testing unlike Bennett (zero pullups) and the fat pig Ritchie (2nd worst body fat at the combine). You must be thinking of Ehlers who was 165 lbs at the combine. Ouch, you'd have to be Wayne Gretzky talented to survive in the NHL at 165 lbs. Nylander is the Swedish Patrick Kane. I'm still wanting Virtanen at 6 but would not be surprised nor disappointed if we take Nylander.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:I need to stop browsing the HF Boards. Skyo and his friends are voting for Nylander and Ehlers as to who they want the Canucks to draft. LOL. Exactly what we need, Linus Omark and Maxim Afinigenov to add to a team whose core is as whimpy as a Trevor Linden in a scrap. Those two will do real well against the California triangle. Sorry , it's Ritchie or Virtanen all the way
RoyalDude wrote:Nylander was 5'11 - 175 lbs at the combine and apparently was the strongest pound for pound there, excelled in all the strength testing unlike Bennett (zero pullups) and the fat pig Ritchie (2nd worst body fat at the combine). You must be thinking of Ehlers who was 165 lbs at the combine. Ouch, you'd have to be Wayne Gretzky talented to survive in the NHL at 165 lbs. Nylander is the Swedish Patrick Kane. I'm still wanting Virtanen at 6 but would not be surprised nor disappointed if we take Nylander.
So you're a Nylander fan now?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hey Skyo, that's MY job! :evil:

:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:Hey Skyo, that's MY job! :evil:

Well you're slackin' lately!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:

Actually you can have the job bro.

Pretty much full-time thanks to my good buddy The Dude. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO you drunk native, Nylander isn't my 1st choice but I am warming up to the kids prospects. I'm still picking Virtanen at 6 but would not be hugely disappointed if they picked Nylander at 6. I get the sense that the Canucks will be picking Nylander at 6, not sure why, might have to do with the fact they don't have any top shelf skill coming up in the system right now, just a bunch of plumber types with the exception of Shinkaruk. If he does end up being the Swedish version of Patrick Kane, all is good.

Certainly do not want the 165 lb Ehlers whom all your tribesmen at the HF are drooling over.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:

Actually you can have the job bro.

Pretty much full-time thanks to my good buddy The Dude. :D
haha gave me the easy job hey? good ol RiverviewDude, he's always good for a chuckle.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I agree with you RD. I want Vertanin but if they pick Nylander I will be a happy camper. It would be so very satisfying if they somehow landed both.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:SKYO you drunk native, Nylander isn't my 1st choice but I am warming up to the kids prospects. I'm still picking Virtanen at 6 but would not be hugely disappointed if they picked Nylander at 6. I get the sense that the Canucks will be picking Nylander at 6, not sure why, might have to do with the fact they don't have any top shelf skill coming up in the system right now, just a bunch of plumber types with the exception of Shinkaruk. If he does end up being the Swedish version of Patrick Kane, all is good.

Certainly do not want the 165 lb Ehlers whom all your tribesmen at the HF are drooling over.
I find it hilarious that a alcoholic / drug addict such as yourself who starts drinking at 11am everyday can call other people drunks LoL.

Your position on prospects/players flip flops more than a willie mitchell freshly caught fish.

Anyways yeah Nylander at #6 makes the most sense based on sheer talent and skill.

Virtanen imo might drop to like #9-#10 thanks to his injury unless the Canucks can't move up and TL demands! to take JV at #6.

Weird tidbit - Virtanen and Reinhart were roomies for a bit, the two Canucks targets...
For his part, Virtanen read about Linden’s talk on Twitter and seems to be taking it in stride.

“You always dream of getting drafted by your hometown team,” he said. “But it would be great to get drafted by any team.”

Virtanen, 17, will be out of action for four to six months due to his shoulder surgery. His agent, Vancouver-based Kevin Epp, says that it was merely to clean up some “instability,” and Virtanen maintains doctors are telling him he’ll have a 100 per cent recovery. Both Epps and Virtanen maintain that it shouldn’t hurt his draft status. He did play 71 of 72 regular season games, along will all six playoff encounters.

He says he injured initially in a November game against the Kootenay Ice, crashing into the net. He continued to play through it but says he re-injured again in the regular season finale against the Ice and then again in the first round loss to the Ice.

Did we mention that Ice star Sam Reinhart was his roommate in Toronto this past week?

“That’s pretty weird,” he said.

Virtanen says that he’s going through the surgery and rehab process now with hopes that he’ll be ready to make the Canadian world junior team. Even with the bad shoulder, he excelled for the Canadian side at the Under-18 championships in Finland last month. He had a team-best six points, including three goals, in seven games.

He did say that he planned on quizzing Reinhart, 18, about the world junior experience, since Reinhart played on the team this past season. The West Vancouver native is a year older than Virtanen, so they had never played together on provincial teams and didn’t really know each other until rooming together this week.

Reinhart has a November birthday, which put him past the cut-off for last year’s draft. Reinhart is projected as a top-three selection.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/05/30 ... g-combine/
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Canuck-One wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:All fantasies aside, I fully expect Florida to be keeping their 1st overall. I've got a feeling that the name we will hear from Bennings mouth up on the podium will be - William Nylander. I think the Nucks will get Ottawas 10th pick via Kesler trade and that we will either draft Perlini or Fleury. Don't think Virtanen or Fatso Ritchie will be there at 10 but with the Canucks brass love for Virtanen they may make a move up from the 10th pick to get him

The Nucks want both Nylander and Virtanen
I hope you're correct RD as those two would fit this team like a glove!
The Doctor's prostate rubber glove, or OJ's Glove?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I can't think of too many centers with a Nylander-sized frame playing 1C in the NHL, let alone the Western Conference.

The kid has mad skills though so I think he will make the league, albeit as a RW, not a center.

He has more top-line potential than a Ritchie or even a Virtanen IMO, but he also has a higher chance of busting out.

Gonna be a really interesting draft.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Schroeder is a good example why picking a small skilled forward could be very risky. In the East, he might be fine but would have a hard time surviving in the West.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Jovocop wrote:Schroeder is a good example why picking a small skilled forward could be very risky. In the East, he might be fine but would have a hard time surviving in the West.
Yeah. From what I've seen though, Nylander is considerably more skilled than Schroeder was in his draft year. I fucking hated that pick.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Schroeder is a good example why picking a small skilled forward could be very risky. In the East, he might be fine but would have a hard time surviving in the West.
Yeah. From what I've seen though, Nylander is considerably more skilled than Schroeder was in his draft year. I fucking hated that pick.

It was a waste of a pick...