Canucks with #6 overall

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canucks with #6 overall

Post by Canuck-One »

I think RD is saying that in his opinion the Canucks want Nylander and Vertanin. I too would love it if they did something along that line. If the 6th is in play then only use it to move up. Grab Nylander and Vertanin, they will be a better asset than just Sam Reinhart. Nylander could turn into that franchise center, where as Reinhart may only be a good 1B or top notch 2nd line center. Nothing indicates this kid is a franchise center. Except Betamax and Skyo's hopefulness.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:All fantasies aside, I fully expect Florida to be keeping their 1st overall. I've got a feeling that the name we will hear from Bennings mouth up on the podium will be - William Nylander. I think the Nucks will get Ottawas 10th pick via Kesler trade and that we will either draft Perlini or Fleury. Don't think Virtanen or Fatso Ritchie will be there at 10 but with the Canucks brass love for Virtanen they may make a move up from the 10th pick to get him

The Nucks want both Nylander and Virtanen
Nylander at #1?

Talk about going out there.
Huh? Nylander #1? What are you talking about jabrone?

Lemme splain - Nucks will not trade up or down, they will stay put and with their 6th overall pick they will select Nylander with it.

Clear as mud?

If they manage to get 10th pick from Anaheim in a Kesler trade they will try to grab Virtanen with it, or make a move up between 10 and 7 to, get it?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote:
The Nucks want both Nylander and Virtanen
Good overall post Chef Boi RD, but I'm going to have to disagree.

I think Benning has a serious hard on for Reinhart, and will find a way to do whatever it takes to get Florida's pick from Tallon.

Again - I'm not trying to let my own bias slide in here (as I've developed a hard-on for Reinhart over these past 48 hours......no homo), but after listening to a few interviews from Benning, it's obvious that Benning loves the guy. Reinhart has ties to both Benning and Linden since his father Paul was teammates of their's.

Bold Prediction: Benning drafts Reinhart.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: Bold Prediction: Benning drafts Reinhart.
Yeah I've gotta agree with this.

(and no I'm not a GM sock) :evil:

Tallon sounds dead serious about trading the 1st overall.

He seems to feel he's got more than enough top prospects.

He's got Luongo and owner$ willing to $pend.

He wants to make the playoffs this coming season.

And he wants more vets to settle the kids down.

I BELIEVE FARHAN.... I BELIEVE!!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: Nylander at #1?

Talk about going out there.
Hmmm?

The royal one appears to be suggesting we take Nylander #6.
Opps sorry brother, didn't read all of it somehow?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks keep 6, price too rich from Tallon, Canucks draft Nylander at 6. Trust me, it's how it's gonna go down.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: Bold Prediction: Benning drafts Reinhart.
Yeah I've gotta agree with this.

(and no I'm not a GM sock) :evil:

Tallon sounds dead serious about trading the 1st overall.

He seems to feel he's got more than enough top prospects.

He's got Luongo and owner$ willing to $pend.

He wants to make the playoffs this coming season.

And he wants more vets to settle the kids down.

I BELIEVE FARHAN.... I BELIEVE!!! :thumbs:
Farhan/Taj/TBK all the same.

But agreed Florida and the Canucks will continue on with the trades, however it won't be us getting shafted once again..

Garrison, #6, 3rd for #1!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Canucks keep 6, price too rich from Tallon, Canucks draft Nylander at 6. Trust me, it's how it's gonna go down.
Nope, Draisaitl...after the LA Model :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:Canucks keep 6, price too rich from Tallon, Canucks draft Nylander at 6. Trust me, it's how it's gonna go down.
I would probably agree. Like the idea of getting Reinhart but not at a cost of other youth. If you can trade up using a roster player then that's better. I like the kid's game a lot, smart players are very difficult to find and IMHO worth more than a guy with all the tools and no toolbox.

If Nylander and Virtanen are Canucks in two weeks I will be very happy. Would like Ritchie as well but two new top prospects would be great.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Based upon the past (except for 1 year), Canucks do nothing, draft BPA at their pick and we don't see him for 3 - 4 years while he "earns" his ice time.
Skintag Necklace
CC Rookie

Post by Skintag Necklace »

Reefer2 wrote:Based upon the past (except for 1 year), Canucks do nothing, draft BPA at their pick and we don't see him for 3 - 4 years while he "earns" his ice time.

Kind of a negative little guy aren't you ?
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Skintag Necklace wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Based upon the past (except for 1 year), Canucks do nothing, draft BPA at their pick and we don't see him for 3 - 4 years while he "earns" his ice time.

Kind of a negative little guy aren't you ?
LOL you can't blame reefer because it does seem to be the template the Canucks have followed in the "past". I don't see that happening as we go forward. I think we are into a new era as far as how things will be done. I am hoping that "IF" the Kesler trade happens that we get the 10th from Anaheim included. It seems that it should as Kesler , according to Dreger, has asked for it again. Yet Benning likes what Kesler brings to the table and may be trying to talk him out of it. If we get the pick I am hoping for Nylander and Vertanin. I am also hoping for Bonino in any deal with Anaheim as he would fill our need for a 2C perfectly until Nylander grows into the role. If not then I hope for Etem + as while he will be a good winger, he isn't as good as Bonino at this stage of his career.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Don't buy much into rumours but do like the one of how the Canucks brass are trying to figure out how to leave the draft with both Nylander and Virtanen.

I'd love Reinhart but that's to big for us to pull off, Tallon is just blowing smoke, he will keep the pick, just seeing if anyone is willing to overpay which is what it will take to do and I don't want us to overpay, don't think anyone will either. Kuzma is right though, it would have to take Horvat and our 6th to pull it off and that is just a no go IMO. Depth wins. We've seen how the eggs in one basket approach doesn't work in this day and age in the NHL. Virtanen and Horvat I'd rather have than just Reinhart
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote: Kuzma is right though, it would have to take Horvat and our 6th to pull it off and that is just a no go IMO. Depth wins.
Depth wins, but that is not how you build depth. Drafting top end talent is king. You get top end talent first, and then focus on depth. Chicago, LA, Pittsburgh, and Boston all did it this way.

Once you have top end talent and sign them at good cap hits, then you focus on depth (either through lucky draft pick selections and/or free agent signings).

Most draft picks (especially in weaker drafts) don't pan out the way they are projected. Drafting, in general, is often a crap shoot.

Risk is minimized substantially (with much higher potential for ROI) if you have a Top 1-3 pick in the first round.

If Kuzma actually is correct, and Horvat + 6th is what it would take, you make that move each and every time.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

i hope the Canucks pass on Nylander. A 5'9/ 160lb. player would be a wasted 1st round pick