(Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Dan Bylsma
3%
Marc Crawford
3%
Kevin Dineen
3%
Ken Hitchcock
2%
Mike Keenan
3%
Pierre McGuire
28%
Todd McLellan
3%
John Stevens
10%
Barry Trotz
24%
Other (Please Specify with a Write in Vote)
19%

Total votes: 58

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: (Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Is Pete Carroll not available?
Unfortunately, there's only one Pete Carroll and he's busy with another job.
rockjetty
CC Rookie

Post by rockjetty »

Trotz has gotten blood from a stone -- respectable performance from a budget and talent limited team. Let's see what he can do with a cap max team… Wishful thinking, but I'd wager he gets career high numbers from the twins and Kesler.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

rockjetty wrote:Trotz has gotten blood from a stone -- respectable performance from a budget and talent limited team. Let's see what he can do with a cap max team… Wishful thinking, but I'd wager he gets career high numbers from the twins and Kesler.
He got the best out of Suter and Weber ... So I'd be interested in what kind of utility he can extract from NTC Edler.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Betamax wrote:
rockjetty wrote:Trotz has gotten blood from a stone -- respectable performance from a budget and talent limited team. Let's see what he can do with a cap max team… Wishful thinking, but I'd wager he gets career high numbers from the twins and Kesler.
He got the best out of Suter and Weber ... So I'd be interested in what kind of utility he can extract from NTC Edler.

Isnt it " the Alex " ?

Are u mad bro ?

What say you ?

It's like Tab Hunter, Tom Cruise and Timothy Hutton all rolled into one turban trying to be Clint Eastwood .

Please.........
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Betamax wrote:

Isnt it " the Alex " ?

Are u mad bro ?

What say you ?

It's like Tab Hunter, Tom Cruise and Timothy Hutton all rolled into one turban trying to be Clint Eastwood .

Please.........
uh, what the fuck are you talking about?
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Oddsmaker: Trotz, McLellan favored as next Canucks coach
Mike Halford May 2, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT

via: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... cks-coach/
Per online oddsmaker Bovada, ex-Nashville head coach Barry Trotz and current San Jose bench boss are the favorites to land Vancouver’s coaching gig, which became available yesterday after the firing of John Tortorella.

Trotz — also favored to land the vacant Washington gig — and McLellan are both at 11/4, according to Bovada. The rest of the list is as follows:

John Stevens 15/4

Kevin Dineen 15/4

Marc Crawford 5/1

Brad Shaw 5/1

Guy Boucher 15/2

Stevens, currently an assistant with Los Angeles, was thought to be a leading candidate for the Vancouver job last summer, before it eventually went to Tortorella. Crawford is a former Canucks coach (1998-2006) who set all sorts of coaching records that were eventually eclipsed by Alain Vigneault.

Shaw, currently an assistant in St. Louis, had a brief stint as the head coach on Long Island but does have some ties to British Columbia — his son, Brady, spent four years playing Junior A in B.C. before transferring to the University of Vermont last season.

Dineen and Boucher have the most recent NHL head coaching experience, having been dismissed from Florida and Tampa Bay. Dineen is currently tied to Hockey Canada’s U-18 men’s team while Boucher is coaching in Switzerland.
Not listed, but I'd rate WHL's Portland Winterhawks (and ex-Canucks Asst. Coach) Mike Johnston ahead of Shaw and Boucher in terms of odds to be next Canucks Coach.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah Linden should hire Trotz now...
SAN JOSE – Todd McLellan’s job as the head coach of the San Jose Sharks appears to be safe.

Doug Wilson will recommend to team ownership that McLellan and the team’s staff remain in place, the general manager revealed on Friday. It’s believed McLellan has two years remaining on his contract.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/mclell ... -15-season
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Torts--->Trotz!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Players who have been declining in point production for 3 straight seasons, 2 of them in their mid-30's. I highly doubt he gets career numbers out of the Sedins. The Sedins production drop can be directly linked to the change in philosophy as the NHL has returned to the dead puck era and trap hockey, just as their rise to prominence as top NHL forwards coincided with the NHL's decision to do away with clutch and grab hockey and focus on skill and scoring.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Betamax wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Is Pete Carroll not available?
Unfortunately, there's only one Pete Carroll and he's busy with another job.
Not true. A facebook search gives me fifteen hits, including a high school teacher, a realtor, an officer in the British army and someone at Qantas airline academy. And these are only the Pete Carrolls that have facebook accounts!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Betamax wrote:

Isnt it " the Alex " ?

Are u mad bro ?

What say you ?

Please.........
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Arachnid wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why the :lol: :lol: :lol: ? 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Betamax wrote:
What the :?: :!:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Trotz ,simply because Trevor and Barry both have the good sense to live in the Okanagan in the off-season.
Thomas K-thair
AHL Prospect

Post by Thomas K-thair »

Betamax wrote:

B ecause you got whacked upside the head with a 2 x 4 and your response was wtf are u talking about ? You were oblivious to the fact you got torched. That's why the triple :lol: . Glad I could help. :)