(Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Dan Bylsma
3%
Marc Crawford
3%
Kevin Dineen
3%
Ken Hitchcock
2%
Mike Keenan
3%
Pierre McGuire
28%
Todd McLellan
3%
John Stevens
10%
Barry Trotz
24%
Other (Please Specify with a Write in Vote)
19%

Total votes: 58

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: (Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach

Post by Betamax »

Thomas Khunthair wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Arachnid wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why the :lol: :lol: :lol: ? 8-)

B ecause you got whacked upside the head with a 2 x 4 and your response was wtf are u talking about ? You were oblivious to the fact you got torched. That's why the triple :lol: . Glad I could help. :)
lol ... well, to be honest, I think "Art Vandelay" has been infected with envy because in less than one month, poster Betamax has had more impact on this messageboard than he's managed to accomplish here in not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven but Eight months. A (washed up has been) poster once said, that "the proof was in the postings."

Well, it certainly is. 8-)
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I would like to see Adam Oates be hired to be the power play coach, i f he wouldn't mind being an assistant along with Gulutzan...
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Per wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Is Pete Carroll not available?
Unfortunately, there's only one Pete Carroll and he's busy with another job.
Not true. A facebook search gives me fifteen hits, including a high school teacher, a realtor, an officer in the British army and someone at Qantas airline academy. And these are only the Pete Carrolls that have facebook accounts!
Uh, there's only one Pete Caroll on twitter that's ... Image:

https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll

#VERIFIED 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

So Barry Trotz by the vote of the people of CC seems to be the preferred choice. FTR, I voted for the still Coach of the Sharks but I had Trotz as a co-favourite to take over. It seems like Canucks supporters want them to be competitive next season.

However, If the Canucks were inclined to do a one year major tank job, someone with a “Ph.D” in hockey philosophy like the late Bill Laforge would have been the man. Is there a modern day Laforge still involved in hockey?

I mean you could lose half the Canucks Core (with NTCs) by running them through regular sessions of the "Gauntlet."

What say you? 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mark me down as no to the hunchback troll from under the bridge. Never been a fan of Trotz.

Now Bonnie, she was hot. 8-)
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451290
Kirk Muller, John MacLean and Dave Lewis fired by newly appointed Cane's GM Ron Francis. Brind'amour retained.

There is a Canuck connection here, as longtime mates Muller/MacLean were also teamates of Rollie Melanson, albeit briefly.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

BladesofSteel wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451290
Kirk Muller, John MacLean and Dave Lewis fired by newly appointed Cane's GM Ron Francis. Brind'amour retained.

There is a Canuck connection here, as longtime mates Muller/MacLean were also teamates of Rollie Melanson, albeit briefly.
Well, I'd rather the Canucks' turn back time to a decade ago and re-hire Crow then to bring the Canes' Coaching staff here. 8-)
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Betamax wrote: lol ... well, to be honest, I think "Art Vandelay" has been infected with envy because in less than one month, poster Betamax has had more impact on this messageboard than he's managed to accomplish here in not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven but Eight months. A (washed up has been) poster once said, that "the proof was in the postings."

I guess if you measure impact by bombing the board with copious amounts of dogshit - you sir have made an impact.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Betamax wrote: lol ... well, to be honest, I think "Art Vandelay" has been infected with envy because in less than one month, poster Betamax has had more impact on this messageboard than he's managed to accomplish here in not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven but Eight months. A (washed up has been) poster once said, that "the proof was in the postings."

I guess if you measure impact by bombing the board with copious amounts of dogshit - you sir have made an impact.
That would the 'proof' previously mentioned.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Do elephants wear socks?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Art Vandelay wrote:

Well, if that's the case, I think you should, uh, rebrand yourself as Dung Beetle ... 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

John Stevens
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Art Vandelay wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're an original Art, I'll say that (not a sad, pathetic, terrible copy :( ).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Arachnid wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're an original Art, I'll say that (not a sad, pathetic, terrible copy :( ).
Pathetic and terrible indeed.

Hey, I wonder where the Brown Knight wandered off to? :|
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:John Stevens
That was allegedly Michael D. Gillis number one choice, until he got "convinced" to go with the antithesis of that guy.