(Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Dan Bylsma
3%
Marc Crawford
3%
Kevin Dineen
3%
Ken Hitchcock
2%
Mike Keenan
3%
Pierre McGuire
28%
Todd McLellan
3%
John Stevens
10%
Barry Trotz
24%
Other (Please Specify with a Write in Vote)
19%

Total votes: 58

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: (Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach

Post by Rumsfeld »

Aaronp18 wrote:And what style is that exactly?
Well I can't speak for the Brown One, but I like his tie selection. Very masculine, yet approachable.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:And what style is that exactly?
Well I can't speak for the Brown One, but I like his tie selection. Very masculine, yet approachable.
No flip flops?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sutter sounds like he's staying put, getting ready for training camp next season.

John STEVENS future Canucks coach!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:Sutter sounds like he's staying put, getting ready for training camp next season.

Ya, he seemed very definitive that he is already getting ready for roster decisions and training camp. No smile, very firm he's coming back. Put that rumour to rest he's retiring!
The only HW the Canucks need
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Aaronp18 wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:I would go with either Dan Blysma or John Stevens................probably Blysma as my first choice.

Blysma has coached a Stanley Cup Winning team, and has proven success in coaching the style that Benning/Linden seemingly want this team to play.
Yet you can't even spell his name properly. :roll:

And what style is that exactly? Having two of the top 10 players in the world on your team?
So what if I can't spell the guy's name correctly? :eh: It's a tough name to spell and everyone knows who I'm talking about.

The style that Blysma (or however you spell his name) coaches is one that is fast and up-tempo............a style that Linden/Benning want here...........a style that the Canucks were playing from 2008-2013.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:Sutter sounds like he's staying put, getting ready for training camp next season.

Uh, but the the people here (according to the corner poll) WANT (Regis) Pierre McGuire! :mex:
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Looks like former asst Canuck coach Mike Johnston is in the mix.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hock ... story.html

Jeeesus you guys, Pierre McGuire!?? WTF? Why not Don Taylor or Pratt as asst. coaches then?

It's interesting to see in the article (see the link) that Benning doesn't want a coach that yells at players lol. But he does want hockey smarts and a dude who can work with youth, Mike is in the running cause he has apparently proven he can do that. OK it's time for youth to step into the line-up.... really (this time). Let the infusion begin.
cc oldtimer
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

nuckster wrote:Looks like former asst Canuck coach Mike Johnston is in the mix.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hock ... story.html

Jeeesus you guys, Pierre McGuire!?? WTF? Why not Don Taylor or Pratt as asst. coaches then?

It's interesting to see in the article (see the link) that Benning doesn't want a coach that yells at players lol. But he does want hockey smarts and a dude who can work with youth, Mike is in the running cause he has apparently proven he can do that. OK it's time for youth to step into the line-up.... really (this time). Let the infusion begin.
I could see them bringing Johnston in as an associate/assistant coach (although not sure he wants to go back to doing that in the NHL), but unless Stevens or Desjarsdins balk or fall flat on their faces in the interviews, sounds like it'll be one of the two. Either seem fine by me, although my vote is for Stevens.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Stevens all the way baby.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I think all four of Johnson, Desjardins, Bylsma, and Stevens would be solid choices, but I'm really pulling for Bylsma and Stevens.......with Bylsma as much #1 choice.

Bylsma, in the sense that he's already head-coached a Stanley Cup winner and is comfortable in coaching with an up-tempo style. Since he's a proven name and a proven winner, I think the players will buy into him more right from the get go.

Stevens would be my second choice as he's won two Stanley Cups in recent years as the assistant of the LA Kings. My only concern with Stevens is if he'd be comfortable in coaching a faster tempo style. The Kings play a very different style than what Linden/Benning want the Canucks to play (given the players we have).

Johnson and Desjardins are great coaches, but I don't like the idea of non-NHL coaches coaching us. Not that I'm against coaches being promoted, etc., but at this stage in game, I would much rather the Canucks go with a proven winner at the NHL level, and someone that is comfortable in coaching fast tempo.

Bylsma gets my vote.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Pierre McGuire
Attachments
Pierre-McGuire-drinking-game-@FeuxBettman-560x459.jpg
Pierre-McGuire-drinking-game-@FeuxBettman-560x459.jpg (112.32 KiB) Viewed 4797 times
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

nuckster wrote: Jeeesus you guys, Pierre McGuire!?? WTF? Why not Don Taylor or Pratt as asst. coaches then?
Wooks wike the joke is on Nuckstah! :mex:

Bawcweeper, jokes fresh hawses fo me and my men!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:
nuckster wrote: Jeeesus you guys, Pierre McGuire!?? WTF? Why not Don Taylor or Pratt as asst. coaches then?

(Regis) Pierre McGuire is NO joke. :evil:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:

Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Betamax wrote: Look, I like Stevens too ... as per the article you quoted, he's received a lot of credit for rounding out Doughty's game. Imagine if he got his hands on a Tyler Myers (the player the Canucks should trade for), or if they keep Edler ... he could probably rehabilitate him to being a positive defenseman, a turnaround from the freezing -39 last season.

The main issue with Stevens, is that he was closely linked to being Michael D. Gillis' first choice to be the Head Coach before the emergence of Fonzie that if the new management team hired him, the optics might look like they are just following the vision of what Michael D. Gillis originally wanted. :mex:
Who gives a fuck about the optics ? Gillis was on the right track to hire "the real John Stevens ". The deigos hired Tortorella anyways- had fuck all to do with Gillis. As for trading for Tyler Myers ,that is as stupid as hiring Pierre Mcguire for a coach. Uh, what say you ?

Are u mad Bro ? How many Vezinas will "The Cory " win ?

What say you ?