What Pro Sports Team "Model" should the Canucks emulate?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What Pro Sports Team "Model" should the Vancouver Canucks emulate?

Boston Bruins
15%
Colorado Avalanche
10%
Detroit Red Wings
15%
Edmonton Oilers
No votes
Seattle Seahawks
10%
Other (Please Specify)
50%

Total votes: 20

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

What Pro Sports Team "Model" should the Canucks emulate?

Post by Betamax »

Under former Canucks' President and GM, Michael D. Gillis, he suggested that he wanted to build the Canucks under a style and model favoured by the Detroit Red Wings. Under new Canucks' President Trevor Linden, he has mentioned that he likes the style and model favoured by the Boston Bruins.

(I have allowed for re-voting, so if you change your mind, you can change your vote.)

What say you?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: What Pro Sports Team "Model" should the Canucks emulate?

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Betamax wrote:Under former Canucks' President and GM, Michael D. Gillis, he suggested that he wanted to build the Canucks under a style and model favoured by the Detroit Red Wings. Under new Canucks' President Trevor Linden, he has mentioned that he likes the style and model favoured by the Boston Bruins.

(I have allowed for re-voting, so if you change your mind, you can change your vote.)

What say you?
I'll say Boston. Although I prefer Detroit's organizational structure and style of play, the Western Conference is a big-boys league, the travel grinds players down, and the way the league conducts playoff officiating makes me believe the best way to be successful is a big team that can play and win consistently in the trenches (ie ugly hockey).
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The 2011 canucks with some bigger bodies and some youth
Getting old is not for the young...
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

This seems a bit vague...

I still don't really get your last thread about the Seahawks... Its a different sport completely, how can there be any comparison?

As for this thread...model what? management style, playing style, drafting process?

Why would the canucks want to copy anything the oilers have done?

What have the avalanche done differently than any other team?

Who wouldn't want the recent history of the Bruins or Red Wings

but what are we talking about here, if its cup success over the last 20 years I guess no brainer, Red Wings
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:This seems a bit vague...

I still don't really get your last thread about the Seahawks... Its a different sport completely, how can there be any comparison?

As for this thread...model what? management style, playing style, drafting process?

but what are we talking about here, if its cup success over the last 20 years I guess no brainer, Red Wings
Holy fuck, use your imagination it's not that difficult.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:This seems a bit vague...

Holy fuck, use your imagination it's not that difficult.
umm..
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Then was it necessary to get all crass, whiney, sour, moany, bitchy like your standard wanker Limey prior to answering the question?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Then was it necessary to get all crass, whiney, sour, moany, bitchy like your standard wanker Limey prior to answering the question?
crass, whiney, sour, moany, bitchy !? thats rich coming from you...

I don't think I've ever read a pleasant post of yours except maybe a derisive taunting gleeful post after the Canucks lost a game or were eliminated..
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Then was it necessary to get all crass, whiney, sour, moany, bitchy like your standard wanker Limey prior to answering the question?

I don't think I've ever read a pleasant post of yours except maybe a derisive taunting gleeful post after the Canucks lost a game or were eliminated..
And your typical smug cockney attitude is better? :drink: how are the ales going down this weekend. Harp? Guiness?
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Me bad

Harp - Lager
Guinness - Stout

:drink:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Betamax wrote:Under former Canucks' President and GM, Michael D. Gillis, he suggested that he wanted to build the Canucks under a style and model favoured by the Detroit Red Wings. Under new Canucks' President Trevor Linden, he has mentioned that he likes the style and model favoured by the Boston Bruins.

What say you?
I'll say Boston. Although I prefer Detroit's organizational structure and style of play, the Western Conference is a big-boys league, the travel grinds players down, and the way the league conducts playoff officiating makes me believe the best way to be successful is a big team that can play and win consistently in the trenches (ie ugly hockey).
Boston has that, duh, x-factor in owner Jeremy Jacobs, Chairman of the NHL Board of Governors which is, duh, kinda hard to emulate.
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

And your typical smug cockney attitude is better? :drink: how are the ales going down this weekend. Harp? Guiness?
Alcohol is haram here in the land of the big AL :(

However I just watched the Dubai Mighty Camels win the league championship here at the ice rink at Dubai Mall. Maybe the Canucks should model them... its as valid a suggestion as the Seahawks
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I hearby declare this thread legally dead.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Am I right though? You're a cockney? Certainly don't come across like a Jordie or a Burmmy.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:I hearby declare this thread legally dead.
Could you, duh, resuscitate this thread, Dr. Russel?