2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby BurningBeard » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Shit just got real in the Colorado / Minny game. I hope Minny ties. :D
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby ClamRussel » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:27 pm

dangler wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Well, playoffs didn't stop the NHL from throwing the book at Rome for a far lesser hit imo. BUT, this is Seabrook and he plays for the Hawks so they'll go easy on him. I'd be shocked if Backes isn't done for the season after that one. That hit pretty much cost the Hawks the game.

If that hit was on Burrows there would be no suspension. If that hit was delivered by Edler it would be 10 games, if it was Kassian it would be the rest of playoffs. Ya, Seabrook probably gets 3.


Sounds like you've come to understanding how the NHL operates Clam :D

Really enjoyed the first 2 Habs/TB games and the Blues/Hawks game this afternoon, I know it'll just be a matter of time before officiating/league rulings take the enjoyment of the play-offs away from me for another season but going to enjoy it while i can. :cheers:


Ya, its been a long painful journey but I've finally arrived. :drink:

Enjoy the thrill of the games, by the sounds of the Pittsburgh/Columbus series its not long for this earth.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Meds » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:23 am

ClamRussel wrote:
dangler wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Well, playoffs didn't stop the NHL from throwing the book at Rome for a far lesser hit imo. BUT, this is Seabrook and he plays for the Hawks so they'll go easy on him. I'd be shocked if Backes isn't done for the season after that one. That hit pretty much cost the Hawks the game.

If that hit was on Burrows there would be no suspension. If that hit was delivered by Edler it would be 10 games, if it was Kassian it would be the rest of playoffs. Ya, Seabrook probably gets 3.


Sounds like you've come to understanding how the NHL operates Clam :D

Really enjoyed the first 2 Habs/TB games and the Blues/Hawks game this afternoon, I know it'll just be a matter of time before officiating/league rulings take the enjoyment of the play-offs away from me for another season but going to enjoy it while i can. :cheers:


Ya, its been a long painful journey but I've finally arrived. :drink:

Enjoy the thrill of the games, by the sounds of the Pittsburgh/Columbus series its not long for this earth.


Yeah, a lot of soft calls in that Jackets/Pens game. But the refs evened things out in the 3rd period.....still sucks that they called some of the shit they called though.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Meds » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:41 am

If Mike Yeo goes back to Bryzgalov the Avalanche sweep.

Keumper can steal a game for the Wild at home, but this one is over in 5.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Diehard1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:26 am

Yep Seabrook will get suspended, he's not a Bruin so the regular rules apply. I'm guessing 3 or 4 games. Backes looked out of it, will likely be gone a while as well. Backes is a dirty prick though so I can't feel too bad for him.

Speaking of dirty pricks, you have to love the way Duncan Keith plays the game. He slashes everybody when the ref isn't watching and then turtles like a little baby when anybody tries to go after him. He's essentially Brad Marchand, just does it in a quieter way. Hate the guy but would love him on my team - Keith, not Marchand. If Marchand became a Canuck I would become an Oiler fan.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:48 am

Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Cookie La Rue » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 am

BurningBeard wrote:Shit just got real in the Colorado / Minny game. I hope Minny ties. :D

They didn't and this shit is real. MacKinnon, Landeskog and Stastny played like beasts possessed and my biggest fear is 2 of them being so young and Paul isn't really old, shit.

They will be tough to beat for years to come...

PS: Watched the Blues and the Avs game this morning on Gamecenter in full lengths .....i love playoff hockey and i cheered the tying goal for the Blues like it would have been the Canucks. Just because i hate Chicago and this Bickell and Seabrook bullshit.... :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
User avatar
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:57 pm
Location: 50° 10' North / 8° 34' East

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...

With a river of piss running down his leg . Keith would pound Burrows .
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3092
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby olpaddy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:00 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...

With a river of piss running down his leg . Keith would pound Burrows .


lol....
olpaddy
AHL Prospect
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Seabrook suspended 3 games. I thought for sure they'd only give him one.

I'd say that's actually a decent call for the post-Shanaban era crew.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Watching Boston thump the living shit out of Detroit this avo tells me which team building concept I want to see in Vancouver....

Even their pussies are tough....watch kredji cleanly destroy smith.
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby vic » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Best thing about how Boston plays is that every single line plays the exact same way, Julien's done an amazing job out there...
User avatar
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Watching Boston thump the living shit out of Detroit this avo tells me which team building concept I want to see in Vancouver....

Even their pussies are tough....watch kredji cleanly destroy smith.


It is quite effective, but you have to admire Detroit's push-back. Ref's are deciding this one so far. PP's 3-1 for Boston thanks to some amazing diving skills from Boston (Chara in particular.. wow, he must be getting lessons from Marchand because that's en epic flop for a 6'9 man).

If we're going to emulate the Bruins model, hopefully we can do without the flopping and diving. It's one thing for a weaker/finesse team like the 2011 Canucks to flop for the PP (although I always hated it), but it's embarrassing and shameful for a team that is supposedly "tough" and "honest".

I did like Franzen giving Boychuk a solid shot right in the numbers along the boards right at the end.

Smith is lucky he didn't go with Chara.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:26 pm

I do admire Detroits push back but it really is water breaking on the rocks.
I really pulling for Detroit's skill to win out but don't have much confidence in it happening
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...

With a river of piss running down his leg . Keith would pound Burrows .

Haha exactly...
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests