2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by Meds »

ClamRussel wrote:
dangler wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: Well, playoffs didn't stop the NHL from throwing the book at Rome for a far lesser hit imo. BUT, this is Seabrook and he plays for the Hawks so they'll go easy on him. I'd be shocked if Backes isn't done for the season after that one. That hit pretty much cost the Hawks the game.

If that hit was on Burrows there would be no suspension. If that hit was delivered by Edler it would be 10 games, if it was Kassian it would be the rest of playoffs. Ya, Seabrook probably gets 3.
Sounds like you've come to understanding how the NHL operates Clam :D

Really enjoyed the first 2 Habs/TB games and the Blues/Hawks game this afternoon, I know it'll just be a matter of time before officiating/league rulings take the enjoyment of the play-offs away from me for another season but going to enjoy it while i can. :cheers:
Ya, its been a long painful journey but I've finally arrived. :drink:

Enjoy the thrill of the games, by the sounds of the Pittsburgh/Columbus series its not long for this earth.
Yeah, a lot of soft calls in that Jackets/Pens game. But the refs evened things out in the 3rd period.....still sucks that they called some of the shit they called though.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If Mike Yeo goes back to Bryzgalov the Avalanche sweep.

Keumper can steal a game for the Wild at home, but this one is over in 5.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Yep Seabrook will get suspended, he's not a Bruin so the regular rules apply. I'm guessing 3 or 4 games. Backes looked out of it, will likely be gone a while as well. Backes is a dirty prick though so I can't feel too bad for him.

Speaking of dirty pricks, you have to love the way Duncan Keith plays the game. He slashes everybody when the ref isn't watching and then turtles like a little baby when anybody tries to go after him. He's essentially Brad Marchand, just does it in a quieter way. Hate the guy but would love him on my team - Keith, not Marchand. If Marchand became a Canuck I would become an Oiler fan.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...
If you need air...call it in
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

BurningBeard wrote:Shit just got real in the Colorado / Minny game. I hope Minny ties. :D
They didn't and this shit is real. MacKinnon, Landeskog and Stastny played like beasts possessed and my biggest fear is 2 of them being so young and Paul isn't really old, shit.

They will be tough to beat for years to come...

PS: Watched the Blues and the Avs game this morning on Gamecenter in full lengths .....i love playoff hockey and i cheered the tying goal for the Blues like it would have been the Canucks. Just because i hate Chicago and this Bickell and Seabrook bullshit.... :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...
With a river of piss running down his leg . Keith would pound Burrows .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...
lol....
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Seabrook suspended 3 games. I thought for sure they'd only give him one.

I'd say that's actually a decent call for the post-Shanaban era crew.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Watching Boston thump the living shit out of Detroit this avo tells me which team building concept I want to see in Vancouver....

Even their pussies are tough....watch kredji cleanly destroy smith.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Best thing about how Boston plays is that every single line plays the exact same way, Julien's done an amazing job out there...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Uncle dans leg wrote:Watching Boston thump the living shit out of Detroit this avo tells me which team building concept I want to see in Vancouver....

Even their pussies are tough....watch kredji cleanly destroy smith.
It is quite effective, but you have to admire Detroit's push-back. Ref's are deciding this one so far. PP's 3-1 for Boston thanks to some amazing diving skills from Boston (Chara in particular.. wow, he must be getting lessons from Marchand because that's en epic flop for a 6'9 man).

If we're going to emulate the Bruins model, hopefully we can do without the flopping and diving. It's one thing for a weaker/finesse team like the 2011 Canucks to flop for the PP (although I always hated it), but it's embarrassing and shameful for a team that is supposedly "tough" and "honest".

I did like Franzen giving Boychuk a solid shot right in the numbers along the boards right at the end.

Smith is lucky he didn't go with Chara.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I do admire Detroits push back but it really is water breaking on the rocks.
I really pulling for Detroit's skill to win out but don't have much confidence in it happening
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Haha exactly...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Uncle dans leg wrote:I do admire Detroits push back but it really is water breaking on the rocks.
I really pulling for Detroit's skill to win out but don't have much confidence in it happening
Agreed. As much as the league professed to prefer a skill game and "attempted" a crackdown on thuggery after the 2004-05 lockout, it's painfully obvious that it is still a league that favours teams that push the boundaries of the rule book, to the detriment of skilled plays.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Makes me want to keep Kesler as he's a big tenacious guy who thrives in these dirty filthy battles that is the playoffs.

The Blackhawks and Bruins setting the bar on dirt play, hoping the Blues pull off the semi-upset though!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.