2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by BurningBeard »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Smith is lucky he didn't go with Chara.
Watching that standoff was like watching a cat play with a mouse.

I watched both games and Detroit didn't come ready to play game two. It wasn't like game one. That series is still up in the air.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching San Jose rape the LA Kings.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Ya, looks good on them. :lol:
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

ClamRussel wrote:Ya, looks good on them. :lol:
How does this work? Jona7han Quick? Jonathan Qui5k? Am I doing it right? :lol:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Boston media: Lucic crotch spear was the right thing to do!
(Ya, I guess when your owner runs the league)

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... ockey.html
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ClamRussel wrote:Boston media: Lucic crotch spear was the right thing to do!
(Ya, I guess when your owner runs the league)

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... ockey.html

Funny they don't feel that way when another team takes it to them.

I want all the teams rumoured to be in on Edler or Kesler to lose in the 1-2 round. Make them think they are only missing that one piece :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...
With a river of piss running down his leg . Keith would pound Burrows .
I think after his 'wakey wakey Backes' Keith is going to have to worry about much larger opponents than Burrows. Backes is big, mean and dirty - perfect to take Keith's head off next season. I for one would applaud it, I'm not for injuring other players but you live by the sword......

As for Boston, nothing surprises me that comes out of that cesspool. I've been there a few times, nice place but the fans hate everybody and everything that isn't from there. Nice place to visit but not very accommodating to say the least.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I've always maintained that Jonathan Quick was the beneficiary of excellent defense as much as he is the an exceptionally athletic goaltender. His reflexes and agility are perhaps second to none in the NHL, particularly low along the ice, and his lateral movement is top tier. His rebound control is slightly above average, and he is quite beatable when it comes to quick releases on the rush that go upstairs, particularly if you get him moving laterally first as he tends to come across the net hard and fast and low to the ice.

The Sharks exposed the Kings slower feet last night and fed off of the Kings on the rush. None of the goals Quick let in were deflections or rebounds, all beat him cleanly and upstairs.

He's batting a 7.20 GAA and an .824 SV% right now in this playoffs. Ilya Bryzgalov is posting better than him at 4.85. Gotta wonder if Sutter goes with Jones for game 3. Probably unlikely, but if they lose their first game at home and Quick surrenders more than 3, Sutter will be in a nice bind, having to decide whether to gamble on Jones for an elimination game, or go the "safe" route and give the nod to his starter by virtue of past history.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dougy Wilson with one of the best and fastest retooling jobs in GMing history. Great drafting and developing by a team that rarely drafts high, gets rid of the slow and undisciplined in Handzus, Clowe (Blob MacKenzies favourite player) and Murray for just draft picks and replaces it with youth and relentless speed, forechecking, puck pursuit, hitting and intelligent puck possession. This is a determined team, no shifts are phoned in, well coach, well managed. Nice work sharks. Out of all the current playoff teams I definitely like their game the most.

Can somebody explain to me why Gillis let Torres go? Was it because he prefers nice guys like the gentley soft Chris Higgins who disappear in the playoffs and clutch games and the puck giveaway king - David Booth?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Can somebody explain to me why Gillis let Torres go? Was it because he prefers nice guys like the gentley soft Chris Higgins who disappear in the playoffs and clutch games and the puck giveaway king - David Booth?
I believe there was some rumours of dressing room conflict... but I can't say for sure.

Torres is the kind of take-no-prisoners that legitimately scares the opposition. This guy will scramble your eggs and not bat an eye. He's a perfect 4th liner and seems to come up clutch when it counts. Him and Mike Brown have really allowed San Jose to elevate their physical game.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Diehard1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Somewhere...Alex Burrows is clenching his fist imaging it's full of hair...
With a river of piss running down his leg . Keith would pound Burrows .
I think after his 'wakey wakey Backes' Keith is going to have to worry about much larger opponents than Burrows. Backes is big, mean and dirty - perfect to take Keith's head off next season. I for one would applaud it, I'm not for injuring other players but you live by the sword......

As for Boston, nothing surprises me that comes out of that cesspool. I've been there a few times, nice place but the fans hate everybody and everything that isn't from there. Nice place to visit but not very accommodating to say the least.
Yup if it's someone begging for it, it's Keith.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Torres is the kind of take-no-prisoners that legitimately scares the opposition. This guy will scramble your eggs and not bat an eye. He's a perfect 4th liner and seems to come up clutch when it counts. Him and Mike Brown have really allowed San Jose to elevate their physical game.
He probably legitimately scares most coaches (his own). He's clutch at sending a player to the emergency room, getting suspended, and turning a series to the opposition. I loved the way Torres played for Vancouver, but he played on the edge, and that comes with consequences. There's a reason why he's played for 7 different NHL teams.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Everyone is on the hate Cooke bandwagon already but IMO Barrie bailed and Cooke just tried to get a piece of him.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sorry Benjo but Cooke did not need to get a piece of him. There was zero need for contact on that play. Cooke is a cunt in the mold of Ulfie. Hopefully someone Kane's the puke. I have never liked Cooke. :evil:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Benjo wrote:Everyone is on the hate Cooke bandwagon already but IMO Barrie bailed and Cooke just tried to get a piece of him.
Looked like he led with his left knee to me.