2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by dbr »

Benjo wrote:Everyone is on the hate Cooke bandwagon already but IMO Barrie bailed and Cooke just tried to get a piece of him.
I don't really see the same thing as you but I just wanted to point out, this sentence could describe a lot of knee on knee hits that are illegal (for good reason). "Was just trying to get a piece of him" is why a lot of guys hang knees, elbows etc out there.. they missed the clean check and got whatever they could.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

While I realize it will never happen, the league really should suspend Cooke for an entire season. How many strikes does a guy get? He's the perfect fall guy for the NHL to set an unheard of precedent in terms of discipline.....and by "perfect fall guy" I mean he deserves it.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cooke meant to get a piece of him. Perhaps he didn't intend to end his playoffs but he meant to hit him and it was a dirty play. He should get 5 games.

But the joke is that Seabrook only gets 3 for rattling someone's brains and Keith only gets a fine for trying to neuter DeKeyser. Still can't believe Weber didn't get anything for slamming that red wing guy face first into the riser.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote:While I realize it will never happen, the league really should suspend Cooke for an entire season. How many strikes does a guy get? He's the perfect fall guy for the NHL to set an unheard of precedent in terms of discipline.....and by "perfect fall guy" I mean he deserves it.
The league would be a better place without him, but the NHLPA would shit bricks. I can see him getting a Torres suspension. 20-25 games. When a guy leads with the knee like that, he's got bad intent written all over him. Apparently he also whiffed on a potential elbow towards McKinnon earlier in the game.

You're right though. He's an aging, dirty, less-than-skilled hockey player. Nobody will miss him when he retires, and he doesn't sell any jerseys. The league can do almost whatever it wants with him, given his history, and I'd be a little surprised if he was playing before mid-November next year.

Gets his in-person meeting tomorrow afternoon.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And Tampa is 4 and out. Too bad for them Bishop was hurt, not that injuries matter :mrgreen:

Montreal gets to rest now.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:And Tampa is 4 and out. Too bad for them Bishop was hurt, not that injuries matter :mrgreen:

Montreal gets to rest now.
Amazing what Bishop means to that team.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bet they look to move Lindback and go with Bishop and that Latvian guy.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I believe TB also has Vasilevsky who has shown promise.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Oh Quick... at least you only let in 4 goals this game...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I can't believe I'm actually cheering for the Sharks! I must really loathe the Kings something awful.
Up 3-buzz....finish 'em off!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It's great to see the Kings in this position and Quick being so ordinary. Enjoy it!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The Kings' armour has a chink.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

In the East I can't see the Pens getting it done this year with MAF. they should get out of the 1st round although that is no sure thing, but after that I can't see them getting 3,4 or 5 goals every night to win.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:In the East I can't see the Pens getting it done this year with MAF. they should get out of the 1st round although that is no sure thing, but after that I can't see them getting 3,4 or 5 goals every night to win.
A Kesler to Pens potential traded is aided or hurt by their success for failure in the Playoffs?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I knew what he was trying to say but seeing Ron Maclean backtrack that hard and have to apologize again never gets old.