2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:As much as I enjoyed seeing SJS beat up LA and go up 3-0, I am enjoying watching LA take it to SJS and get back in it. I think I would really enjoy seeing LA take this series. I hate Joe Thornton.
I hate Drew Doughty more. Is there a bigger whiner in the NHL today? Every time the camera focuses on him he's bitching at the refs. It's pathetic.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:As much as I enjoyed seeing SJS beat up LA and go up 3-0, I am enjoying watching LA take it to SJS and get back in it. I think I would really enjoy seeing LA take this series. I hate Joe Thornton.
I hate Drew Doughty more. Is there a bigger whiner in the NHL today? Every time the camera focuses on him he's bitching at the refs. It's pathetic.

I liked how the panel handled that.....saying he wastes so much energy complaining to the officials.

I still like Doughty better than Thornton. Did you see the "classy" Jumbo Joe hang the knee out there in the neutral zone. What a douche.

I'm loving San Jose's implosion. Looks good on them.

Ideally I want to see LA win game 7. In that game I want Torres to end Dustin Brown's career, and I want to see the Sharks get booed off of the ice in their own barn.....then all will be right with the world.

#firstworldproblems :P
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

So with the lone game being the NYR vs PHI ... I think from a Canucks perspective best case scenario is to see the NYR advance as a 1st round exit should send some shockwaves in Flyer land on changes and press a need for bold moves and changes and be on the line to the Canucks and inquire about Kesler and/or Edler. (Don't see either Kesler and/or Edler being trade possibilities to the NYR with unconfirmed reports that Kesler wasn't that keen on going there and the NYR defensive core is solid)

BTW, it will be fun to see if HMCS Nash will do some damage against the Flyers. 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Meds wrote: I want Torres to end Dustin Brown's career
Good Gawd man, could his career be any more of a roller-coaster ride??!!

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Meds wrote: I still like Doughty better than Thornton. Did you see the "classy" Jumbo Joe hang the knee out there in the neutral zone. What a douche.
Wasn't that knee on Dustin Brown? Well done Joe..

kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Post by kelowna kanuck »

A classic "Captain Morgan"
more cap space!
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Meds wrote: I still like Doughty better than Thornton. Did you see the "classy" Jumbo Joe hang the knee out there in the neutral zone. What a douche.
Wasn't that knee on Dustin Brown? Well done Joe..

Oh.....if that was on Brown then I endorse it wholeheartedly.

I'm continually mystified why Brown doesn't get suspended more.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Betamax wrote:So with the lone game being the NYR vs PHI ... I think from a Canucks perspective best case scenario is to see the NYR advance as a 1st round exit should send some shockwaves in Flyer land on changes and press a need for bold moves and changes and be on the line to the Canucks and inquire about Kesler and/or Edler. (Don't see either Kesler and/or Edler being trade possibilities to the NYR with unconfirmed reports that Kesler wasn't that keen on going there and the NYR defensive core is solid)

BTW, it will be fun to see if HMCS Nash will do some damage against the Flyers. 8-)
Potentially good result from a Canucks' perspective as I think the Flyers will want to at least do some "retooling" this off-season and that could include the names I mentioned.

Speaking of Nash, if the Canucks could receive a package similar to what the BJs' ultimately got for him, in a potential Kesler trade, they would have done well, IMO.

re: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=638429
In a deal that has been brewing since February, the Columbus Blue Jackets traded their captain to the Rangers on Monday along with defenseman Steven Delisle and a conditional third-round selection in the 2013 NHL Draft in exchange for forwards Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov, defenseman Tim Erixon and the Rangers' first-round selection in the 2013 Draft.
The 1st round pick in a deep 2013 Draft was 19th overall and the BJ's used it to select Kerby Rychel.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

I wonder if Todd McLellan has purchased a Vancouver apartment yet...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Glad to see the AV's eliminated, not that I have much love for Minny. The AV's play a dangerous brand of hockey, they rely on offence so much and it caught up to them this series. I also like to see Roy lose.

Can the Kings hold on?
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote:Glad to see the AV's eliminated, not that I have much love for Minny. The AV's play a dangerous brand of hockey, they rely on offence so much and it caught up to them this series. I also like to see Roy lose.

Can the Kings hold on?
While I enjoy seeing Roy lose, I hate watching the LA Kings win. Terrible brand of hockey.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Can the Kings hold on?
Come on... they're playing the Sharks. :lol:

I'll say one thing, it's been said many times in the past that "there is no switch" on the Canucks. Shit if the LA King don't have a switch though, and Sutter knows exactly how to push it. I don't know what his secret is, but he needs to get a lot of credit.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Happy to see that smug patty roy lose. :-D

Sharks need to be blown up, rebuild.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I'm surprisingly enjoying the demise of the Sharks. I hate LA and wish it was another team doing this to them but nonetheless I am thoroughly enjoying watching the Sharks lose like this. Arrogant fucks who have yet to win anything deserve this hurting.
The only HW the Canucks need
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Arrogant fucks who have yet to win anything deserve this hurting.
Don't toy with the gods...