Torts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Do you want Torts as the head coach of your Vancouver Canucks for the 2014/15 season?

Yes
23%
No
63%
TBD
13%

Total votes: 30

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Torts

Post by dbr »

Hockey Widow wrote:He did make a great offer to the press though. When the season us done he suggests they sit around, grab some burgers and beer, and they can tell him what the system is they think he coaches compared to the system they think he should.
:lol:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dbr wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:He did make a great offer to the press though. When the season us done he suggests they sit around, grab some burgers and beer, and they can tell him what the system is they think he coaches compared to the system they think he should.
:lol:
That sounds so awesome!!

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Said he doubts anyone outside the team really knows what it is he coaches and they may be surprised.
Not really sure this is a good thing...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Anyone remember which game did Torts talk to Jensen @ the bench? Was he pissed @ Jensen or was he trying to comfort him? Then Torts walks away like he's totally frustrated. Thanx. :P
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So from this board I nominate the Pauser, Mathowny, the Dogsalmon and Farhan to discuss systems with Torts over a few burgers and beers.

These fucking Caesars are tight! On to the IPAs and maybe a couple glasses of wine to wash everything down with.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:So from this board I nominate the Pauser, Mathowny, the Dogsalmon and Farhan to discuss systems with Torts over a few burgers and beers.

These fucking Caesars are tight! On to the IPAs and maybe a couple glasses of wine to wash everything down with.
Hey, settle down chuckles. Big boys are talking.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

mathonwy wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:So from this board I nominate the Pauser, Mathowny, the Dogsalmon and Farhan to discuss systems with Torts over a few burgers and beers.

Hey, settle down chuckles. Big boys are talking.
Then shut the fuck up Mathowny.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Sounds good Blob.

We'll dig up your dog and your old man and bring him with us if you're ok with that. ;)
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I'm afraid Torts would come away all fucked up confused from that round table....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Whats with your Caesar kick lately Blob? The classic meal drink to give the belly a good base starter to fill up with the evenings booze, thats one of my moves too. I like the IPAs lately too. I need to get a refill of my growler down at Bridge Brewey, love their IPA.

A cockney wanker like ukcanuck once told me that growler is a naughty word in Britain
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote:
A cockney wanker like ukcanuck once told me that growler is a naughty word in Britain
A cockney wanker like ukcanuck once tried to convince me that the 2011 Canucks team were complete losers and failures as athletes due to falling short of winning the Stanley Cup by one game. :eh:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:

"Growler
A mean, butch looking pussy. As friendly as a bulldog, and as much fun to kiss. "
Urbandictionary.com

...much like I imagine mrs brown knight :)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Knight wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
A cockney wanker like ukcanuck once tried to convince me that the 2011 Canucks team were complete losers and failures as athletes due to falling short of winning the Stanley Cup by one game. :eh:

Just trying to slap you out of your sycophantic love affair.

If they win game seven they were exactly what you think the are, but they lost and haven't come even close since.

One word describes that...
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Well I rather hope that Linden casts Torts adrift. I guess they're mtg today. On one hand I can respect his ability to adhere to his views, and on the other hand, this same quality/deficit, can be maddening. i.e., justification for not playing Kassian on the first or second line, but then failing to acknowledge that your top line players didn't score for nearly two fuckin months! Sorry Torts, your justification really doesn't work (at least not for me).

Anyways, that's just one point of view.

For the sake of starting fresh, it just seems to make sense for Linden to really start totally anew (Tortless).
cc oldtimer
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

nuckster wrote:Well I rather hope that Linden casts Torts adrift. I guess they're mtg today. On one hand I can respect his ability to adhere to his views, and on the other hand, this same quality/deficit, can be maddening. i.e., justification for not playing Kassian on the first or second line, but then failing to acknowledge that your top line players didn't score for nearly two fuckin months! Sorry Torts, your justification really doesn't work (at least not for me).

Anyways, that's just one point of view.

For the sake of starting fresh, it just seems to make sense for Linden to really start totally anew (Tortless).
Anybody have a take on why a decision on Torts hasn't been made by Linden. Do you think Linden is using Torts' as some sort of "Litmus Test" when it comes to screening a potential GM?

i.e. Do you envision a scenario where Torts could remain Coach?

If it was me, the "Tort's Test" would be, if you think Torts could or should remain the Canucks' Head Coach, you're crossed off the list as a candidate for GM!

i.e. Feaster

re: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/04/08 ... e-canucks/
“I love (Tortorella),” said Feaster. “I really do think he’s a great coach. I would relish the opportunity to work with Torts again. I consider him a friend.”