Torts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Do you want Torts as the head coach of your Vancouver Canucks for the 2014/15 season?

Yes
23%
No
63%
TBD
13%

Total votes: 30

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Torts

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's a shame Torts didn't get to wear the GM hat for a year or two . He got rid of the millstone called Luongo . He would have bought out the biter and forced a few other slugs out of town . Kinda like Iron Mike who did the dirty work everyone else was too gutless to do .
+10000
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's a shame Torts didn't get to wear the GM hat for a year or two . He got rid of the millstone called Luongo . He would have bought out the biter and forced a few other slugs out of town . Kinda like Iron Mike who did the dirty work everyone else was too gutless to do .
+10000
ASSHOLES!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The tutelage of Torts totally traumatized the twins.

:(
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Rumsfeld wrote:The tutelage of Torts totally traumatized the twins.

:(
Uh, I see it less trauma but letting them run the ship by being convinced by them that it would be a good idea to give them an excessive amount of ice time and try to make them "all-situation" players which compromised what their bread and butter is, controlling the puck in the offensive zone and producing points. :mex:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:01 pm
mathonwy wrote: Money's money dude. And the rich don't become rich by giving it away.
... and they stay rich by knowing when to cut their losses.
mathonwy wrote: Strange, I mean this in the nicest possible way but you don't know shit here.

Read some books on leadership, motivation and human psychology before you put your foot further into your mouth.

Athletes are humans just like you and I with the exact same type of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation factors.

The best coaches are the ones that can adapt and figure out how to get the best out of an athlete.
Math, I mean this in the nicest possible way but... are you gay??

(not saying there's anything wrong with it) :look:

A player has no business in the NHL if he can't take a little yelling once in a while!

Fear and intimidation are not the only tools in Torts' coaching toolbox.

I've seen him also pat those same players on the back after a good play.

Try to imagine this...

You have been drafted into the army and forced to leave your comfy little office job.

You are in boot camp and your drill sergeant is poking you in the shoulder, screaming at you.

Are you going to start listening to what he's saying, or are you going to continue to "tune him out"? :roll:

UMMMM...

WAKE UP GOMER PYLE!!! :evil:
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”