2013/2014 NHL Season: Who will win the Stanley Cup?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I'm going to feel sick typing this, but I think we'll see the Boston Bruins win the cup by getting revenge on the Chicago Blackhawks.

In the West, we'll see St. Louis take out Phoenix, Anaheim takes out Minnesota, LA take out San Jose, and Chicago take out Colorado. LA then takes out the Blues, but fall short to Anaheim-conquering Chicago team.

In the East, Boston takes out Washington in a 2012 rematch, while Pittsburgh takes out Detroit (barely). Philadelphia takes out Montreal, while the Tampa sends the Rags packing much to the delight of Canuckscorner.com poster Cornuck. ;) Boston takes out Philly, and then goes on to defeat Pittsburgh in a rematch of last years semi-finals.

This will be the first year in ( history?) where all 4 teams in the Conference finals for the year before make the finals again.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: 2013/2014 NHL Season: Who will win the Stanley Cup?

Post by Hockey Widow »

I'm hoping St. Louis and Tampa make it. Mostly I want teams that were rumoured to be interested in Kesler and Edler to get knocked out. Make them think they just need that one piece :mrgreen:

St. Louis with Miller could be unstoppable.
The only HW the Canucks need
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I don't care...

I hate them all equally..except Toronto. I hate them worse..

Basically its the Canucks

or they can all burn in hell
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I don't care either. As long as the Laughs miss the play-offs I'm happy. On that subject, where the hell is Big Tuna?
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

okcanuck wrote:I don't care either. As long as the Laughs miss the play-offs I'm happy. On that subject, where the hell is Big Tuna?
Ha!
+1 to that.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

I really think it would be funny to watch Montreal make some noise out East. They're coming into the playoffs red hot and seem to be off everyone's radar. If Price keeps playing the way he is right now, he will steal them a few games.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

BurningBeard wrote:I really think it would be funny to watch Montreal make some noise out East. They're coming into the playoffs red hot and seem to be off everyone's radar. If Price keeps playing the way he is right now, he will steal them a few games.
I think Montreal is a very good dark horse pick. Teams rarely come make the finals twice in a row, and I just don't trust Pittsburgh's defensive game or goaltending enough. Given those two factors, I think Montreal could be a good long-shot with a legitimate shot.

The Dark Indian Rises
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

As an ex-Leaf fan I simply cannot cheer for the Habs. It has the same smell factor as cheering for Calgary as a Canucks fan. Can't do it.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote:As an ex-Leaf fan...
:shock: You're a what?!

I must confess, when I was really young and didn't know better, my favorite team had Sittler, McDonald, Salming, Turnbull and Palmeteer in the line-up :oops:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:As an ex-Leaf fan I simply cannot cheer for the Habs. It has the same smell factor as cheering for Calgary as a Canucks fan. Can't do it.
Isn't this a reason *to* cheer for the Habs? You said "ex-Leaf fan", you need to prove it. :D
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BurningBeard wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:As an ex-Leaf fan I simply cannot cheer for the Habs. It has the same smell factor as cheering for Calgary as a Canucks fan. Can't do it.
Isn't this a reason *to* cheer for the Habs? You said "ex-Leaf fan", you need to prove it. :D

Can't, not yet. If they play the leaves I will cheer for them. If they play Boston I will cheer for them. If they make the finals I'll decide based upon who they meet. But I just can't cheer for them out right.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank wrote:

I must confess, when I was really young and didn't know better, my favorite team had Sittler, McDonald, Salming, Turnbull and Palmeteer in the line-up :oops:

Hell I remember their last cup!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Hank wrote:

Hell I remember their last cup!!
May I buy you a prune juice?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:But I just can't cheer for them out right.
Mon Dieu!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend (exceptions are made for Edmonton and Calgary). Don't you realize they're the team that Toronto wants to be, but never can be? :twisted:

They hate Toronto and Boston - they're the perfect team to cheer for out East. I'm incapable of rooting for any Western team, so I'll easily hook my horse to their wagon. I would cheer for Ottawa too, but I don't like the idea of them winning a cup before the Canucks do. :thumbs:
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

BurningBeard wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:But I just can't cheer for them out right.
Mon Dieu!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend (exceptions are made for Edmonton and Calgary). Don't you realize they're the team that Toronto wants to be, but never can be? :twisted:

They hate Toronto and Boston - they're the perfect team to cheer for out East.
This is actually a really good point.

Ever since the Olympics, I am trying to choose my thoughts more carefully and not hate on other Canadian teams (i.e. I mean, what's the point of hating on fellow Canadians for 216/218 weeks, and then chanting, "Go Canada Go!" at the Olympics under the pretense of Patriotism?).

I'm trying to distance myself from saying bad things about Alberta, Toronto, etc., but I do like the idea of possibly adopting Montreal as my designated 2nd favorite team.

-During the late 80's, my 2nd team was the Oilers (I was a kid, and cheered on winners, lol).
-From 1994-2006, my 2nd team was the Red Wings. I parted ways with the Wings when Yzerman retired.

I've been thinking about having a 2nd team ever since, but it has to be genuine like for the team. I can't just "annoint" a team as being my 2nd team.

Pittsburgh has come close a few times, but maybe I will lean towards Montreal.

The Dark Indian Rises