What Do You Want as a Canuck Fan?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

I Chose For MY Canucks...

Cheer annoyingly and blissfully ignorant they will not only make the playoffs but win Lord Stanley's Holly Grail
14%
Be a realist and cheer for them to lose and get the best draft pick they can. Let's get the rebuild on!
11%
Pray to God that he will use his eternal energy (while others die) to help them squeak into the post-season
6%
Get more Sestito's on the team because we need more toughness, not young stud low drafted scoring machines
3%
Resigning Alex Burrows and David Booth is priority above all else
3%
Cheer for the leaves to fail and not make the playoffs thereby making us look like winners for trying harder
14%
Let Hockey Gods sort it out, there's beer to be sacrificed!-Who gives a shit, it's Bettman's world, we just live in it
14%
Post Tank it Torts™ as much as possible to annoy people and make them lose it
6%
Hope they barely make the playoffs so we can have a crap draft pick and get blown out in 1st round
6%
Get through the season without any injuries
23%

Total votes: 35

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: What Do You Want as a Canuck Fan?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Tank it torts....
Cuz 17th is the biggest loser of them all...
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

It would be nice to have a bunch of kids to call up for the last few games, but it seems they're too busy lighting up the OHL playoffs.

While I understand Spidey's logic and agree that we'll be better off with a higher pick than a first round exit (Aquaman's wallet might disagree) - there is no way in HELL that I will wish my team to lose.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^
This
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It helps a guy get through the losses...
I never cheer against, I just feel ok with the losses when there's enough to land a top pick
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:It helps a guy get through the losses...
I never cheer against, I just feel ok with the losses when there's enough to land a top pick
Trickery....mindgames... you cerebral Houdini..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:It helps a guy get through the losses...
Eggssactaly Udl, never cheer for a loss, don't feel bad if they do lose.

Win Win

Some don't get that simple concept...Leaffanitus ones that is...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Spidey is not only a leaves fan, he's Glen Healy.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:Spidey is not only a leaves fan, he's Glen Healy.
:wow:

TopTop!

How can you say that?

And still have your c**k in your mouth?

:evil:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Ok Santarachnid,

I wish for a 5 mil FA scoring winger for the top 6

and a

5 mil FA quarterback capable Dman
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mondi wrote:I'll tell you what I want as a Canucks fan.

To end one season, without feeling like the team left something on the table. No excuses.

I want to see a team either win the Cup or go down fighting hard. Even if they miss the playoffs, I want to see a team that goes out 90% of nights and leaves it on the ice. And, I want it to be apparent.

Over the last 10 season, I'd say '07, and '11 are the only seasons I've left thinking gee, they left it all on the table. Surely, the team goes out and plays hard most nights, and I've been part of good teams who've look lazy and lethargic but it sure doesn't feel like you're playing soft. That said, I want a team that goes hard and it shows.

And, I want next year to be a rebuilding year that is hopeful, not bleak.

Give me a renaissance from the Twins, we've seen other older players bounce back from bad years. Iginla this year comes to mind, as does the year Sakic scored 100 pts at 37.

Give me a second line built around Kesler (or a return for Kesler) and a stupidly overpriced UFA who is signed for 2 years only.

Give me a third line of Horvat, Kassian, and Jensen (or Shinkaruk)

Give me a forth line of Richardson, Higgins (or Hansen), and Santorelli (who can spot on 2L or 3L when they start to slump, as they will).

Give me a defence built around Bieksa, Hamhuis, Tanev, and Stanton. Bring in two 35 year old war horses who don't take shit in front of the next. Or bring back Erhoff, or someone like him.

Give me 35 wins from Lack.

I couldn't care less what happens to Edler, Garrison, Sestito, Booth, Schroeder, Alberts...I mean as people I wish them well. But as Vancouver Canucks they can stay, or go, but only if they are useful players.

And, give me a an appearance in the second round.

That'll be great.
I don't think I can fit that into one line :eh: ....how 'bout we just call it the Nuck-fickle option
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:Ok Santarachnid,

and a

Your wish is my...wait a sec, I am just the messenger, the coordinator, the middle-fan...how the hell am I supposed to make everyone's Rink Stick dreams come true?

We could tweet it... :hmmm:

You first! :P
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Ok Santarachnid,

and a

Your wish is my...wait a sec, I am just the messenger, the coordinator, the middle-fan...how the hell am I supposed to make everyone's Rink Stick dreams come true?

We could tweet it... :hmmm:

You first! :P
Oh I see, you"re just the mall Santarachnid...
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

ukcanuck wrote:Oh I see, you"re just the mall Santarachnid...
"Daddy, why does Santarachnid smell like hops?"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mondi wrote:Give me a second line built around Kesler (or a return for Kesler) and a stupidly overpriced UFA who is signed for 2 years only.

Give me a forth line of Richardson, Higgins (or Hansen), and Santorelli (who can spot on 2L or 3L when they start to slump, as they will).
If said overpriced UFA is of the playmaking winger variety then I'm thinking either of Jensen or Shinkaruk can play on that line. More likely Jensen.

Dank - Hank - Burrows
UFA - Kesler - Jensen
Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian
Richardson- Mathias - Hansen
Sestito

Higgins and Santorelli gone as they don't belong on a 4th line. Package Higgins with Edler and Schroeder and get a good return.
Give me a defence built around Bieksa, Hamhuis, Tanev, and Stanton. Bring in two 35 year old war horses who don't take shit in front of the next. Or bring back Erhoff, or someone like him.
Our blueline is the toughest place to make changes as all of our top 4 guys have NTC's. Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Garrison, are almost certainly not going to waive. Bieksa is the only one with a full NTC though. Edler could probably be convinced to waive.

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev
Stanton - _______
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
Mondi wrote:Give me a second line built around Kesler (or a return for Kesler) and a stupidly overpriced UFA who is signed for 2 years only.

If said overpriced UFA is of the playmaking winger variety then I'm thinking either of Jensen or Shinkaruk can play on that line. More likely Jensen.

Dank - Hank - Burrows
UFA - Kesler - Jensen
Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian
Richardson- Mathias - Hansen
Sestito

Higgins and Santorelli gone as they don't belong on a 4th line. Package Higgins with Edler and Schroeder and get a good return.
Our blueline is the toughest place to make changes as all of our top 4 guys have NTC's. Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Garrison, are almost certainly not going to waive. Bieksa is the only one with a full NTC though. Edler could probably be convinced to waive.

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev
Stanton - _______
You think its wise to assume that three or four rookies are going to make the team out of camp next year?
it would be great but I think that hatching eggs first is more prudent