Page 2 of 7

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:08 pm
by dbr
They should change the layout of The Province website so Tony's columns can take their rightful place beneath the comments.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:26 pm
by Blob Mckenzie
herb wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Maybe its a Zack Kassian problem?
Thing is, there isn't a problem at all.

More media created bullshit in Vancouver. Maybe it'll be a blessing when newspapers finally go the way of the dinosaur?

Winner winner chicken dinner. However it does give the drama queens something to talk about. I think his es time is fine but I would have liked to have seen him play on the pp a bit more considering it's been a dumpster fire for the last two years. I also thought he was a good potential linemate for 17 but there is zero chance of that happening now with Kesler's impending trade this summer.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:08 pm
by Meds
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
herb wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Maybe its a Zack Kassian problem?
Thing is, there isn't a problem at all.

More media created bullshit in Vancouver. Maybe it'll be a blessing when newspapers finally go the way of the dinosaur?

Winner winner chicken dinner. However it does give the drama queens something to talk about. I think his es time is fine but I would have liked to have seen him play on the pp a bit more considering it's been a dumpster fire for the last two years. I also thought he was a good potential linemate for 17 but there is zero chance of that happening now with Kesler's impending trade this summer.
How bad is it that the Canucks couldn't get a dumpster fire put out in two years time?

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:46 pm
by Blob Mckenzie
Another thing to keep in mind with this player is that he has had 8 coaches in less than 6 seasons of hockey between the ages of 17- 23. That is ridculous. Eight different messages for a kid that is somewhere between a butter knife and a rusty axe when it comes to sharpness. I love his willingness and he does have anticipation when it comes to the offensive zone but he is clearly not a real crafty guy. If he can develop ( and I believe this is easily attainable for him) into a Ryane Clowe type guy who can put up 40 - 50 points and keep the opposition honest, he is a much more valuable player than Cody Hodgson for this team.

In contrast guys like Burrows , Edler, Kesler, Bieksa and Hansen basically had AV for 6- 10 years. A little different getting comfortable than having a new coach every single season.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:31 pm
by Topper
Recall Gollum was the one in the media tooting the "give CoHo more ice time horn". Like many here, he failed to see the defensive futility of CoHo and want him in the top six and 2nd unit PP. I almost wondered if he was on Daddy's payroll.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:45 pm
by Strangelove
WHAT??

Tony Gallagher is still alive??!! :shock:

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:10 am
by Lancer
Gallagher's comparing apples and oranges a bit regarding Kassian and Jensen. Their games are different and, frankly, Jensen has shown more willingness on the backcheck. Kassian plays a riskier and more inconsistent game, so not giving him consistent top-6 minutes is nothing to criticize at this point in time. Kassian is also playing his best hockey as a Canuck under Torts. Not to say another coach couldn't be more beneficial to his development, but not even Kassian's agent can argue that the kid's progress is stalled in Vancouver.

Gallagher must be bored.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 am
by dbr
Topper wrote:Recall Gollum was the one in the media tooting the "give CoHo more ice time horn". Like many here, he failed to see the defensive futility of CoHo and want him in the top six and 2nd unit PP. I almost wondered if he was on Daddy's payroll.
At least when he trotted this column out last time, he had correctly identified the player in question as a malcontent.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:05 am
by BingoTough
Strangelove wrote:Tony Gallagher is still alive??!! :shock:
Hahahahahaha!

I don't bother with Gollum's stuff. It's a waste of space and time.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:36 am
by ukcanuck
Gallongagger is a troll. His columns should be considered only while sitting on a toilet and there is a shortage of paper.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:30 pm
by Tciso
Lancer wrote:Gallagher must be bored.
I thought you had to have electrical impulses in your brain before you could be bored. Gallagher seems mostly to be brain dead

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:06 pm
by Strangelove
Lancer wrote: Gallagher must be bored.
Ass in torn a new one?

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:47 am
by Lancer
Strangelove wrote:
Lancer wrote: Gallagher must be bored.
Ass in torn a new one?
:lol: Either way works, but centre of mass of that honking forehead of his wouldn't be a bad place to bore.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:07 pm
by SKYO
Kassian says a big fuck you to Gally today.

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:26 am
by herb
Thanks Tony! :lol: