Page 5 of 6

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:27 pm
by Topper
Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:Burrows is being parked for the remainder of the season in order to avoid injury facilitating a buyout of his contract.

Link

An eye for an eye....


Image



BTW you can't unsee that....
Quoted, so Doc can appreciate his handy work.

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:12 pm
by rats19
Bumped...to avoid shatting on torts thread...

I like burrows always have...you stick your to gloved fingers in my mouth I will fucking bite you too...

Might not pull hair unless you are grabbing my nether region and cameras don't pick it up..

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:27 pm
by Strangelove
rats19 wrote: I like burrows always have...you stick your to gloved fingers in my mouth I will fucking bite you too...
Yup, especially when your arms are being held by the officials. :roll:

Hell, I remember Stevie Y saying at the time that HE once bit a finger!

But nope, everyone gulps down what the media spews.

Burrows is an agitator extraordinaire.

And as such, every thing he does is going to be overblown by the media and public at large.

The hit on McDonagh being the latest example (hundreds of death-threats by Ranger fans!).

(and did you hear the play-by-play from the Rags broadcasting team) :scowl:

Goes with the territory, and sorry Blob, but there is a need for agitators in the NHL.

Twas ever thus.

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:35 pm
by mathonwy
Strangelove wrote: Sorry Blob, but there is a need for agitators in the NHL.
.
Agitators that have NEVER been suspended.

It is really nonsensical how some fans put Alex Burrows in the same group as Sean Avery and Matt Cooke.

Fucking eastern media has really done a hack job on Burr's rep. 99% of the hate you saw in the idiotic HFBoards thread is manufactured media hate. I don't know from who specifically but it's probably someone on NBC.

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:37 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
I will never be a fan Doc. Didn't mind him when he first came up before the diving, the balling, the hair pulling, the biting etc. As I said he is top 3 for me in players on the Canucks I just have no use for. I hate Matt Cooke a bit more and Robert Nordmark a bit less.

As for agitators if they just yap and back it up once in a while that's fine. But bitch moves like the ones Burrows has become famous for don't do it for me. As I said Ron Delorme and Curt Fraser handled their business like men.

I don't need the media or other fans of other teams to tell me that I don't like this player.

FWIW I don't even think he deserved a penalty on the Mcdonagh hit. My problem with this player started in 2009.

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:54 pm
by Zamboni Driver
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I will never be a fan Doc. Didn't mind him when he first came up before the diving, the balling, the hair pulling, the biting etc. As I said he is top 3 for me in players on the Canucks I just have no use for. I hate Matt Cooke a bit more and Robert Nordmark a bit less.

FWIW I don't even think he deserved a penalty on the Mcdonagh hit. My problem with this player started in 2009.
Although to be fair, seems like the Canucks (& Burrows) have toned down the diving & whining in the last year or two

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:54 pm
by Strangelove
Blob, big difference between enforcers and agitators.

I get that you hate agitators and that's fine.

But can you at least, in the Alexandre Burrows Appreciation thread, say the Burrows is a great agitator? :thumbs:

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:00 pm
by SKYO
I'm 50/50 on Burrows, I'll give him one more season to prove that this season was just an anomaly.

I don't like that Bur has a bad rep from EVERY single ref though with his pesky ways, he's like a toned down Marchand in that regard. But at least we got a couple big guys to back him up now (Kass/Ses), like Marchand has in Lucic and Chara.

or Burrows for Clarkson (20% retained) :o

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:17 pm
by rats19
Broken foot
Broken jaw
Broken hand
Fought Getzlaf

Quite an annomoly

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:39 pm
by BurningBeard
mathonwy wrote:Fucking eastern media has really done a hack job on Burr's rep. 99% of the hate you saw in the idiotic HFBoards thread is manufactured media hate. I don't know from who specifically but it's probably someone on NBC.
Man, HFBoards has become pretty difficult to read. I think I give it a visit once or twice a month at this point... That place was an absolute shit-show during the 2011 playoffs.

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:12 pm
by Strangelove
BurningBeard wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Fucking eastern media has really done a hack job on Burr's rep. 99% of the hate you saw in the idiotic HFBoards thread is manufactured media hate. I don't know from who specifically but it's probably someone on NBC.
Man, HFBoards has become pretty difficult to read. I think I give it a visit once or twice a month at this point... That place was an absolute shit-show during the 2011 playoffs.
Seriously, there were dozens of death threats on Burrows and his family before the mods cleaned it up.

This was before the hundreds of death threats on Burrows' twitter account. :look:

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 pm
by Strangelove
SKYO wrote: or Burrows for Clarkson (20% retained) :o
Burrows: 135 goals in the last 6 seasons.

Clarkson: 80 goals in the last 6 seasons.


Burrows: 19 goals in 67 career NHL playoff games.

Clarkson: 5 goals in 44 career NHL playoff games.


Burrows: One of the best penalty killers in the NHL

Clarkson: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:


Okay, let's all calm down, cuz we're all a little upset here.... :look: ....

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:23 am
by Meds
Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: or Burrows for Clarkson (20% retained) :o
Burrows: 135 goals in the last 6 seasons.

Clarkson: 80 goals in the last 6 seasons.


Burrows: 19 goals in 67 career NHL playoff games.

Clarkson: 5 goals in 44 career NHL playoff games.


Burrows: One of the best penalty killers in the NHL

Clarkson: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:


Okay, let's all calm down, cuz we're all a little upset here.... :look: ....
Yeah, no shit. I thought SKYO had cleaned up..... :mex:

Clarkeson is probably the worst UFA overpayment in a decade.

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:18 am
by mathonwy
SKYO wrote: or Burrows for Clarkson (20% retained) :o
What the fuck Skyo....

Re: Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:44 am
by SKYO
LOL compare Burrows to Clarkson all of sudden bur is god. Haha fickle bunch.

I'm just saying, Clarkson seems like the perfect 15 goal scorer that the Sedins magically turn into a 30 goal one.