Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby Strangelove » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:17 am

The_Pauser wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Seriously, am I the only one who looks at the schedules of Canucks/Stars/Coyotes

... and calculates that his Vancouver Canucks could steal that last playoff spot if they went 9-2 in their last 11?

Canucks play 8 of their last 11 at home! :thumbs:

#neversaydie


Yup, you're probably the only one who thinks that.


Ummm... it seems you missed the 3 blokes above who agreed with me (it's in the mail Mathonwy).

Not sure how a sane person cou.... oops sorry, I forgot. :mrgreen:

The_Pauser wrote:But considering you also thought Luongo was a buyout candidate


Luongo absolutely should have been bought out.

Markstrom and Matthias are not worth the cap-disadvantage we face going forward.

Thanks for bringing up this subject though.

Remember how... for over a year... YOU insisted Luongo would bring back a package of star players?

Shall we wash that laundry in public? :hmmm:

SHALL WE??!! :twisted:

LOFL...

The_Pauser wrote:and that Eddie Lack is better than Luongo this doesn't surprise me.


:crazy:

EWWW... quick, stick that right back up your ass, I run a respectable site here!

The_Pauser wrote:We all know his this story ends...


I'm gonna let you in on a little secret here Irwin-lover:

The great thing about sports is that no one knows how the story ends. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14159
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby Strangelove » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 am

Reefer2 wrote:Well good sir, i dont live in yesterday.


Oh, so... YOU... are the sane one.

"get rid of everyone" :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14159
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby Reefer2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Well good sir, i dont live in yesterday.


Oh, so... YOU... are the sane one.

"get rid of everyone" :lol: :lol: :lol:


Yes if that is what it takes.

Of course you take everything so literal and twist what ever way you want. Are you sure you didn't work for Enron?

If the GM/Assist GM scouts needs to go then do it, if some can be kept then do that.

Don't hang on to yesterday because we are "all Canucks" is just stupid and we have seen what "just stupid" has done to this team.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby herb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:34 am

herb wrote:Linden


McKenzie, LeBrun and Dreger all seem to be reporting this morning that Gillis is done and that they believe Linden is going to be named President.

On the flip side, Farhan Lalji has reported that Linden said on Global that he has not been approached by ownership about the Canucks President job and that an announcement is not imminent.

So take that for what it's worth, but usually when there is smoke there is fire.

Jason Botchford fucking loves all of this drama. What I wouldn't give to kick that schmuck in his smug ugly face.
User avatar
herb
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3011
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby dbr » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:36 am

He's going to kick of the season ticket renewal drive with free contact lenses..
dbr
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby Topper » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:37 am

herb wrote:
herb wrote:Linden


McKenzie, LeBrun and Dreger all seem to be reporting this morning that Gillis is done and that they believe Linden is going to be named President.

On the flip side, Farhan Lalji has reported that Linden said on Global that he has not been approached by ownership about the Canucks President job and that an announcement is not imminent.

So take that for what it's worth, but usually when there is smoke there is fire.

Jason Botchford fucking loves all of this drama. What I wouldn't give to kick that schmuck in his smug ugly face.

Dregar reporting, the others retweeting to give the story traction
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8753
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby herb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:44 am

dbr wrote:He's going to kick of the season ticket renewal drive with free contact lenses..


And Trevor Linden Club 16 gym memberships!
User avatar
herb
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3011
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby herb » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:55 am

Topper wrote:Dregar reporting, the others retweeting to give the story traction


Yup.

This would be a strange move, but a very popular one amongst the unwashed masses.
User avatar
herb
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3011
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby Puck » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:36 am

We don't know ANYTHING about Linden's ability to be a GM. This stinks of Edmonton-style management. This is a business. Don't be hiring fan-favourites solely for popularity reasons. Gillis has been here long enough that a change wouldn't be unreasonable, but all good franchises in all sports do well with stability in management. Revolving door hirings and firings end up with the club floundering.
User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby Cornuck » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:40 am

At least Linden has some experience with the NHLPA, negotiating a CBA and owns a business. As long as he surrounds himself with competent people he could do a decent job.

Will he be a better boss that Gillis? Looks like we might find out.
2017 - The Road to 65™
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby Jovocop » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 am

Puck wrote:We don't know ANYTHING about Linden's ability to be a GM. This stinks of Edmonton-style management. This is a business. Don't be hiring fan-favourites solely for popularity reasons. Gillis has been here long enough that a change wouldn't be unreasonable, but all good franchises in all sports do well with stability in management. Revolving door hirings and firings end up with the club floundering.


Agreed. Linden is well liked in Vancouver but I am not sure about everywhere else. Quite a few players disliked him when he was the NHLPA president.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby BurningBeard » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 am

This story smells. The Nucks are mathematically eliminated so lets talk about Gillis replacements now.

If the story is true, the cynic in me immediately thinks of Snow's insertion as Wang's lap dog on the island. I hope I'm wrong on that one.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby dbr » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am

BurningBeard wrote:This story smells. The Nucks are mathematically eliminated so lets talk about Gillis replacements now.

If the story is true, the cynic in me immediately thinks of Snow's insertion as Wang's lap dog on the island. I hope I'm wrong on that one.


Ahh yes, a Wang-like insertion would be quite uncomfortable for most of us.
dbr
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby ClamRussel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:35 am

Dreger = Nonis' lapdog

Anything to stir it up w/ Gillis, time to move on, man-'tis getting old.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:57 am

Linden = snow is an unfair comparison.

Garth's world went from the ice to the boardroom.

Linden has NHLPA experience as mentioned and he had been a businessman outside of hockey as well.
I would love to see him in management, not sure as GM exactly ( not against it at this point) but in some capacity for sure.
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3231
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests