Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: Uh, I'm pretty confident that cyber bro dave and Mëds by extension "math" as per their previous comments is significantly more "off" than I was.

Do you disagree? :mex:
Right now I'm more focused on YOU than those other fellows.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: Uh, I'm pretty confident that cyber bro dave and Mëds by extension "math" as per their previous comments is significantly more "off" than I was.

Do you disagree? :mex:
Right now I'm more focused on YOU than those other fellows.
Are you more focused in the truth, or to follow your own self-serving interests? :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: Are you more focused in the truth, or to follow your own self-serving interests? :mex:
The Great Strangelove has always been a "team player".

How 'bout... YOU. :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey_God
CC Rookie

Post by Hockey_God »

I am too inebriated to read this entire thread. Any idea who our new GM will be? :?:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hey this just in Benning is the new GM.

Can we lock this thread now?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Betamax wrote:Hee haw
Listen, I can't even with this junk anymore.

If you can't accept that when I said the process might change it was supported by reporting from a respected source linked by you, that's your business.

If you want to pick apart the type of offhand comments that are all I can muster up in the face of your incessant braying, go ahead. It's quite obviously all you can do to assuage your frustration over my initial response to you on this subject.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Betamax wrote:So how the Hell can the Canucks at 24th overall (sixth worst record) go up from 6.2 to nearly 19-20%?

The math don't fit, therefore you should exercise your right to refrain from further embarrassing yourself.

:mex:

Actually the sixth worst record is 25th overall.

Nice math, Mr. Arithmetic.

Carry on though.

*puts mastabeta back on ignore*
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

herb wrote:
Betamax wrote:So how the Hell can the Canucks at 24th overall (sixth worst record) go up from 6.2 to nearly 19-20%?

The math don't fit, therefore you should exercise your right to refrain from further embarrassing yourself.

Actually the sixth worst record is 25th overall.

Nice math, Mr. Arithmetic.

Carry on though.

*puts mastabeta back on ignore*
In the whole scheme of things, it's minutia on the main point of the argument, in other words,

a team that finishes with a "similar record to the Canucks" last season i.e. the 6th worst overall record will not (logically) have "nearly an equal chance at Connor McDavid as the team finishing with the worst overall record", contrary to the speculation made by cyber bro dave .......

if what Sabres' Sports Reporter Mike Harrington, who cites the GM of the Sabres (a team would have vested interest in such information for obvious reasons) is true. There has been no information to my knowledge at this point in time that refutes what Mr. harrington has stated. If you are aware of such information, you are more than welcome to share it with me and the rest of your Peanut Gallery ...............

Please refer to the following passages:
dbr wrote:If the current view that the changes in lottery odds (but not the draw for positions after 1st overall) will go into effect immediately prevails, the Canucks could have a season similar to this past one and have a nearly equal chance at Connor McDavid as the team finishing 30th overall.

Contrast dave's statement with the following:

via: https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/status ... 2104060928

Buffalo News baseball columnist and Sabres beat writer. 2013 Buffalo Baseball HOF inductee. 'Mike, YOU coach!' -- Lindy Ruff, 1/18/12
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington

#Sabres GM Tim Murray says No. 1 odds next year drop to 19-20 % and confirms they would only drop to No. 2 in '15 if last/lottery loser

8:48 AM - 27 Jun 2014
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: Are you more focused in the truth, or to follow your own self-serving interests? :mex:
The Great Strangelove has always been a "team player".

How 'bout... YOU. :hmmm:
Well, Betamax would, uh, like to think of himself as being a "generational player". :mex:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I like how whenever the topic of restructuring the draft lottery comes up it's Tim Murray screaming & hollering that it can't happen next year....and a big "phewww" following the last meeting on it. He's become the official spokesman on McDavid/Eichel and finishing last. It's become a joke & I just pray they don't get either of them.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:I like how whenever the topic of restructuring the draft lottery comes up it's Tim Murray screaming & hollering that it can't happen next year....and a big "phewww" following the last meeting on it. He's become the official spokesman on McDavid/Eichel and finishing last. It's become a joke & I just pray they don't get either of them.
To be honest, I don't mind if the Sabres are going "all in" on McDavid/Eichel. Because it opens up trade possibilities with a team like the Canucks for either Cody or Myers, plus they are an Eastern Conference team. I could see another EC team like the Hurricanes going "all in" on McDavid/Eichel by trading away the Staal Bros. for picks sometime during the season.

I would be annoyed if a WC team i.e. the Oilers or Flames have the opportunity to draft either of them (for obvious reasons. :mex:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Well no other team talks about those picks continuously like Murray. He sounds like Gollum playing with the ring. It should be embarrassing for the NHL.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:Hey this just in Benning is the new GM.

Can we lock this thread now?
Point taken.
____
Try to focus on someday.