Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Post by Arachnid » Sun May 11, 2014 9:16 am

RoyalDude wrote:Why beat around the bush then? Canuck fans are pretty intelligent hockey people. The fans are screaming for change with the on ice product. Change that isn't fucking bandaid solutions. The fans want to turn the page on this core as its quite obvious to the naked eye that they are done. The seasoned/educated fan here want to see a new beginning, something growing with the future, youth movement. Fuck bringing in depth player reclamation journeyman projects to surround this weak core with. It's over
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Um, where do you get this from? Certainly not from CC.

I mean, have actually you read some of the stuff on here? :crazy:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun May 11, 2014 9:26 am

Well the CC is a bit of playground for blaggers but this market here in general isn't exactly an uneducated, new and naive U.S. hockey market in the deep south where the team president can throw politician feel good fluffy talk at which is what Trevl Linden did. Trevor is out if his element, a cagey hockey man would have given the straight goods since a cagey hockey man would realize he wasn't talking to an idiot fan base. Trevls first mistake. His hiring is purely PR. He looks like he should be selling suits at Harry Rosen instead. The position is too big for him.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Sun May 11, 2014 10:14 am

RoyalDude wrote:Well the CC is a bit of playground for blaggers but this market here in general isn't exactly an uneducated, new and naive U.S. hockey market in the deep south where the team president can throw politician feel good fluffy talk at which is what Trevl Linden did. Trevor is out if his element, a cagey hockey man would have given the straight goods since a cagey hockey man would realize he wasn't talking to an idiot fan base. Trevls first mistake. His hiring is purely PR. He looks like he should be selling suits at Harry Rosen instead. The position is too big for him.
So you give him a fail before he even starts?

Yeah, real intelligent hockey fans here :roll:

All the other cities riot when they lose do they?

TL is strictly a PR move. A level away from the AquaWops for sure, a yes man. Will he or will he not bring in the right people. That is the question.

In your hungover stupor you think with your carpenters butt crack once again.

It's just a stupid hockey business man, go out and get some fresh air (maybe get a Newfie Dog :P )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Thomas K-thair
AHL Prospect

Post by Thomas K-thair » Sun May 11, 2014 10:22 am

RoyalDude wrote:Well the CC is a bit of playground for blaggers but this market here in general isn't exactly an uneducated, new and naive U.S. hockey market in the deep south where the team president can throw politician feel good fluffy talk at which is what Trevl Linden did. Trevor is out if his element, a cagey hockey man would have given the straight goods since a cagey hockey man would realize he wasn't talking to an idiot fan base. Trevls first mistake. His hiring is purely PR. He looks like he should be selling suits at Harry Rosen instead. The position is too big for him.

You seem angry. Linden is a fence between ownership and management and little more than a pr stunt by the Aquilinis to purchase some goodwill back from the fans.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun May 11, 2014 1:46 pm

RoyalDude wrote:We don't need bottom 6, 3rd pairing tinkering. The Canucks NEED more top 6 skill and talent and top pairing D-men which they don't have! Depth players? Not play young players? Thinking the current core can still get it done? Are you kidding me? Do you really want to see the same re-run next season HW? You must be a masochist.

LOL

I have no idea what the fuck you are on about. No matter what I post you bring it back to some twisted idea of what you think I said or meant or believe. I guess it's hard for you when I ignore you for weeks on end and it must bring you great delight when I finally respond to one of your illogical, twisted rants. But this one made me laugh so hard I just had to say, thank you for the laugh, for brightening my day with a little chuckle.

You crack me up big guy, you crack me up.
The only HW the Canucks need

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Sun May 11, 2014 1:54 pm

We're not one big happy family anymore?

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax » Sun May 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Thomas K-thair wrote:

You seem angry. Linden is a fence between ownership and management and little more than a pr stunt by the Aquilinis to purchase some goodwill back from the fans.
Thomas, it seems to me that the circumcision has, duh, done its job. 8-)

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sun May 11, 2014 4:34 pm

RoyalDude wrote: ^^^^this^^^^^

Great response to HW's big pile of stinky poo defending of Trevl Lindens state of the canuck union addressing.
What we've got here is failure to communicate.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun May 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Great response to HW's big pile of stinky poo defending of Trevl Lindens state of the canuck union addressing.

No kidding. More so I think it is a fixation that develops when one decides to attack another. Like saying a GM is shit, you ignore all the good and just keep on keeping on about how bad they are. Then you decide the new pres isn't the right man and you go looking for proof that simply does not exist yet. It may, in the future and it may not.

Deciding to fixate on attacking someone and ignoring reality, it's a mental illness, a delusional disorder. As in all delusional disorders, when you are faced with someone who does not simply agree,100% with your view, you get paranoid and attack. Reality, logic, common sense fail you at that point and all you have left are the same old tired rants.

When the object of your obsession is no longer present, like any good boarder line personality, you quickly attach to another love object and repeat the pattern.

It is pretty predictable really. Just cut and paste all the rants from years past, change the names of the parties involved, and presto, your new obsessive compulsion is reborn. In other words, same old, same old.

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One » Sun May 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

No kidding. More so I think it is a fixation that develops when one decides to attack another. Like saying a GM is shit, you ignore all the good and just keep on keeping on about how bad they are. Then you decide the new pres isn't the right man and you go looking for proof that simply does not exist yet. It may, in the future and it may not.

Deciding to fixate on attacking someone and ignoring reality, it's a mental illness, a delusional disorder. As in all delusional disorders, when you are faced with someone who does not simply agree,100% with your view, you get paranoid and attack. Reality, logic, common sense fail you at that point and all you have left are the same old tired rants.

When the object of your obsession is no longer present, like any good boarder line personality, you quickly attach to another love object and repeat the pattern.

It is pretty predictable really. Just cut and paste all the rants from years past, change the names of the parties involved, and presto, your new obsessive compulsion is reborn. In other words, same old, same old.
That was funny!

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:49 pm

HW is cute when she is perturbed :roll:
You are who you hang with.....

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun May 11, 2014 9:59 pm

rats19 wrote:HW is cute when she is perturbed :roll:
:oops: :oops: :devil:

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel » Mon May 12, 2014 1:09 am

RoyalDude wrote:Why beat around the bush then? Canuck fans are pretty intelligent hockey people. The fans are screaming for change with the on ice product. Change that isn't fucking bandaid solutions. The fans want to turn the page on this core as its quite obvious to the naked eye that they are done. The seasoned/educated fan here want to see a new beginning, something growing with the future, youth movement. Fuck bringing in depth player reclamation journeyman projects to surround this weak core with. It's over
The fans? The "fans" can STFU. The fans will take whatever the Aquas dish up to them, smile, & bend over begging for more. This has been proven time & time again with each & every lock out. Fans say they're pissed & are going to stay away in droves. Yet the puck drops on yet another lock-out shortened season and the fans line up around the block to buy another 3rd jersey. The fans don't have the will power to stay away and send a message. Linden doesn't "owe" fans or STHs any explanations whatsoever. Beating around the bush? Wth is he supposed to do, lay out his "plan" so all the other teams see him & Benning coming? The educated fan may want to see a new beginning all they want but he/she can just wait until the changes damn well happen, which they will in due time. They aren't going to be briefed on anything, thats absurd.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Mon May 12, 2014 3:50 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
rats19 wrote:HW is cute when she is perturbed :roll:
:oops: :oops: :devil:
Oh so you're a redhead...
Sweeeeeeeet
nobody focks...with the jesus

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Mon May 12, 2014 4:34 am

ClamRussel wrote:
The fans? The "fans" can STFU. The fans will take whatever the Aquas dish up to them, smile, & bend over begging for more. This has been proven time & time again with each & every lock out. Fans say they're pissed & are going to stay away in droves. Yet the puck drops on yet another lock-out shortened season and the fans line up around the block to buy another 3rd jersey. The fans don't have the will power to stay away and send a message.
Not sure this is really true, especially after this season. If anything, the Aqua-men seem very concerned and susceptible to public/fan opinion. I think they wanted to keep Lou and ride him out a couple more years, but after the Heritage game mishap, they were finally willing to eat some salary and pulled the trigger to move Lou out of town. At one of the final games of the season, there was the "fire Gillis" chant from the fans and a couple days later, they fire their hand picked GM and bring in the much beloved hockey icon Trevor Linden, despite the fact he has no management experience of a hockey club at any level (not even pee-wee, bantam, college, junior) and has zero front office hockey experience. They give Trevor the freedom to do what he wants, even fire the coach who they brought in not even 1 year ago and had like a 5 year contract.

I think ticket sales took a big hit this past season and they don't like it. The Aquas seem to want to cater to the fans, have a product that will keep the fans coming and keep the building full every night. Even if they have to pony up and open up the cheque book to move out some unpopular personalities and some mistakes, they'll do it.