Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Post by Hockey Widow »

Apparently MG has been talking about bringing Naslund back into the organization. Don't know what capacity yet but this coincided with his leaving Modo.
The only HW the Canucks need
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

is Jesus the answer...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently MG has been talking about bringing Naslund back into the organization. Don't know what capacity yet but this coincided with his leaving Modo.
No doubt this is to improve the powerplay.

Naslund on the half-boards, firing wristers or feeding Sopel (MG is probably talking to his agent right now) at the point. All we need is someone to teach Kassian the Bertuzzi-push-off move and we'll have the No. 1 PP again.

*If this happens, watch some people here go ape-shit about yet another mentally-weak Swede joining the club ;)
Try to focus on THIS year... again
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently MG has been talking about bringing Naslund back into the organization. Don't know what capacity yet but this coincided with his leaving Modo.
Swede...
Getting old is not for the young...
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

I just read this too but I doubt he leaves, something about his kids staying in school in Sweden. I would love to see him on our first line :D

Apparently we've been trying to get Linden who doesn't seem to have any interest.

Seriously I would love to see Gillis be the president and let Gillman be GM.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

givemeda411 wrote:
I just read this too but I doubt he leaves, something about his kids staying in school in Sweden. I would love to see him on our first line :D

Apparently we've been trying to get Linden who doesn't seem to have any interest.

Seriously I would love to see Gillis be the president and let Gillman be GM.

That is the most likely face saving move. Although I would not be surprised if it isn't' Gillman as I think his role is pretty significant in and of itself. But who knows.
As for Naslund, I think his role would be more player development or a scout in Sweden.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote: :lol:

Hey, no defeat here, you and your time machine would out GM anyone. With future-RD in your ear you'd never make a single mistake! Your track record wouldn't have to be littered with hilarious flip flops like the ones Doc insists on dragging up every time you look like you might deserve an ounce of credibility..
Maybe he has MPD (multiple personality disorder)... and one of said personalities is always right! :shock:

Maybe if we could kill off the other hundred or so tard personalities, we could end up with a hockey genius!

Of course, it would likely be one of the many cross-dressing hermaphrodite personalities

... and yeah I'm not sure the world is ready for dat dere as an NHL GM.

Anyhoo, it's the only other possible explanation for the antics of our token you-know-wot IMPO.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:
Maybe he has MPD (multiple personality disorder)... and one of said personalities is always right! :shock:

Maybe if we could kill off the other hundred or so tard personalities, we could end up with a hockey genius!

Of course, it would likely be one of the many cross-dressing hermaphrodite personalities

... and yeah I'm not sure the world is ready for dat dere as an NHL GM.

Anyhoo, it's the only other possible explanation for the antics of our token you-know-wot IMPO.
That's a pretty interesting theory. Do these cross-dressing hermaphroditic prostitutes look anything like this?

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

the Dogsalmon wrote:is Jesus the answer...

Always
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

If they make a GM change, whoever it is, I'd like to see a clean sweep of mgmt, scouting. There are simply too many Canuck alums throughout the org, too comfortable in the jobs; Smyl, Delorme etc.They've had their run, time to move on. Gilman might be the exception, seems to be a cap expert and could be a very good gm, but I think they need to go with a whole new upper mgmt., scouting team...that said, I sense Gillis and in fact Torts survive for one more year. Aquaman gives them one more shot at it.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Boston Canucker wrote:If they make a GM change, whoever it is, I'd like to see a clean sweep of mgmt, scouting. There are simply too many Canuck alums throughout the org, too comfortable in the jobs; Smyl, Delorme etc.They've had their run, time to move on. Gilman might be the exception, seems to be a cap expert and could be a very good gm, but I think they need to go with a whole new upper mgmt., scouting team...that said, I sense Gillis and in fact Torts survive for one more year. Aquaman gives them one more shot at it.
Gilman should survive but agree that if Gillis goes, a larger purge is needed - especially regarding scouting and player development. While it's good that they've actually put some money and effort in the player development aspect, having Smyl and co. doing it evidently is not producing. Loved him as a player, and maybe have him on as consultant, but Smyl has to go - get him out of any meaningful role in the organization beyond being a figurehead.

Even if Gillis stays, there should be a purge because the results just aren't there when it comes to drafting, pro-scouting and development. There's still promise there among the prospects, but they seem to be taking their time developing - and I don't think that's all part of Gillis' patient approach to prospect development either. Looking at the pro players Gillis brought in through trades, and you have to wonder what kind of advice he is getting from his pro scouts.

There's a healthy chance both Gilis and Torts may be around next season, but it's time for patience to have run out. One or the other has to go.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Boston Canucker wrote:If they make a GM change, whoever it is, I'd like to see a clean sweep of mgmt, scouting. There are simply too many Canuck alums throughout the org, too comfortable in the jobs; Smyl, Delorme etc.They've had their run, time to move on. Gilman might be the exception, seems to be a cap expert and could be a very good gm, but I think they need to go with a whole new upper mgmt., scouting team...that said, I sense Gillis and in fact Torts survive for one more year. Aquaman gives them one more shot at it.
Double that brother.

Time for a whole new change at Orca Bay from the top down.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Hank wrote:
No doubt this is to improve the powerplay.

Naslund on the half-boards, firing wristers or feeding Sopel (MG is probably talking to his agent right now) at the point. All we need is someone to teach Kassian the Bertuzzi-push-off move and we'll have the No. 1 PP again.

*If this happens, watch some people here go ape-shit about yet another mentally-weak Swede joining the club ;)
Depends in what capacity he joins the club.....

We can't score right now. Naslund was good at that. I'm fine with some coaching or head-office kind of stuff when it comes to Swedes.....just tired of their on-ice product.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Now, I've never done it before so don't go assuming I'm speaking from personal experience, but I would generally assume that an entire hockey operations department (a well above average one anyways) probably can't be assembled in a few months, and that cleaning house just for the satisfaction of shitcanning a bunch of middling scouts who used to wear the jersey would be a move that would require a significantly longer rebuild than just completely overhauling the on ice roster (which can take half a decade or more in and of itself).

I know it's tempting to think it couldn't be any worse but it seems like it would be similar to starting over as an expansion franchise.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Canuck-One wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:is Jesus the answer...

Always
Beware of false prophets
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...