Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Post by SKYO »

As fun as it would be to join in on trashing McDavid, he's not a bust, he was just 16 back in January for christ sakes...#giveyourheadashake he's the next big nhl superstar without a doubt.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

You didn't just drop a hashtag bomb on the Dude...
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I say we trade up in the draft and grab Reinhart.

What would it take?

#6 overall + Edler for #1 overall??

Ed Ler reunited with his pal Lu Wongo in Fabulous Florida.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm all in on making a pitch for Reinhart, like this kids game, smart and has some slick moves that you want from a playmaking centre, basically our Henrik replacement.

Him and Horvat as our 1 & 2 centres for the next decade and more, that'll bring back the feel goods for this organization
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Nylander looks like transvestite Pacific Blue . I thought for sure you would be all over him for the Canucks pick. Christ my head hurts today. I went out to get new tires on my truck at 10:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 3:00 AM.
Lol, you must be in Mrs. McKenzies dog house today

Started at the The Arms? Then what, ended up in some crack house in Haney?

Nylander is weird looking, when I first googled the kid I thought I made a mistake in my googling cause I kept getting a girl in a hockey uni claiming to be Nylander.
No idea what you're talking about Dudester.

I thought I was looking at a younger Ellen Degeneres in that picture. 8-)
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

RoyalDude wrote:I'm all in on making a pitch for Reinhart, like this kids game, smart and has some slick moves that you want from a playmaking centre, basically our Henrik replacement.

Him and Horvat as our 1 & 2 centres for the next decade and more, that'll bring back the feel goods for this organization
Pre-draft fantasy. Horvat projects as a no. 2/3 centre, Reinhart projects as a no. 2. On a good team, neither project as a true no. 1. Hardly a replacement for Hank. Careful not to get too punch drunk on the hype. Perhaps Ellen Degeneres Jr. will turn out to be the true no. 1 of the bunch.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

just give William Nylander a few years to age...

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:McDavid = Cleary?
Starting to think so. The games that I have seen of McDavid - WJC's and junior Im left feeling that I don't see the hype. Yes, he's fast, tries to beat you individually and stuff but I just don't see the hype. I see him as a Matt Duschene 2nd tier star but definitely not 1st tier. Every time I've seen Eichel he just bleeds
NHL superstar. Extremely smart and is one of those types that controls the game and the pace and direction every time he's on the ice. The puck just follows him around and the other teams always seem to be in a cluster fuck because of it. McDavid is all bursts, the sense, IQ, anticipation is nowhere near on par with Eichel.

I could see Eichel being the star of the league whereas McDavid being more of a flashy player

On a good note for Canada, fellow Eichel draft class mates - Barzal and Konecny apparently played very well throughout the tourney
I haven't seen Eichel play, but I've seen some of McDavid's stuff.....mostly at the WJC.

I don't think McDavid is going to surpass Crosby, but he still looked really good.

At 17 years of age Crosby played in his first WJC and recorded 5 points in 6 games. At 18 years of age he scored 9 points in 6 games.

At 16, McDavid scored 4 points in 7 games while playing as the youngster with exceptional player status. His linemates weren't as talented as the players Crosby skated with. McDavid looked really good, and it wasn't just flashes. He was a heads up player. The one thing I did note was that he wasn't as noticeable in his own zone, but breaking out of the zone and across he was quite sharp offensively. I thought he looked to be Reinhart's equal.....and he's still got two more years to develop. The Crosby comparison's were evident though, his play away from the puck was outstanding, he supported the puck carrier and was very good at finding teammates on the fly.

What I'm saying is that we should reserve judgement on him until we've seen what he can do as a 17-18 year old.

Also, consider that McDavid and Crosby's numbers in Midget AAA are very close. 2.4 ppg for McDavid and 2.6 ppg for Crosby. When people point to his junior numbers you have to factor in that Crosby played in the Q and McDavid in the O. Top scorers in the Q will always have a better chance at higher point totals. McDavid also made the jump to the CHL a year earlier than Crosby did (unless my math is wrong Crosby went at 16 to the Q and McDavid at 15 to the O).
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote: At 17 years of age Crosby played in his first WJC and recorded 5 points in 6 games. At 18 years of age he scored 9 points in 6 games.
Crosby was 16 years (and 4 months) old in his first World Juniors. Born in 1987, he played on the stacked 2004 World Junior team.

He was in the NHL at 18.

McDavid turned 17 shortly after this years World Juniors.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I guess it's that every time I have seen Eichel step on the ice he's
Impressive he has that presence and seems to always dictate the play

All the times I've watched McDavid play I am not left feeling - wow this kid is special. I get that with Eichel but I don't get that with Connor

There is seemingly a growing contingent who feel the same about this. McDavid is going to be a good player but he's definitely not the next coming and I honestly feel that Eichel will be a better player after all is said and done
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Its pretty much a crapshoot every year, you never know.
Daigle was a "can't miss" superstar.

The best players at 16 or 17 aren't always the best players at 20 or 21.

Yann Sauve was considered a 1st round pick for sure the year prior to his draft year. He fell, and for good reason. Look how much your opinion has changed RD, just based on this one under 18 tourney. A good or bad playoffs can change a lot of opinions as well.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Strangelove wrote:I say we trade up in the draft and grab Reinhart.

What would it take?

#6 overall + Edler for #1 overall??

Ed Ler reunited with his pal Lu Wongo in Fabulous Florida.
If Fla would go for that, that would be great. I just don't know if it's enough.

If we did get the #1, tough call, but I'd go for Ekblad. By all accounts, granted busts happen, he looks like that stud #1 D who could anchor the back line for 10 years or more.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Watching Canada vs Sweden keep hearing how great sexy William Nylander has been in this tourney... So the Swedish sweetheart has lit up this tourney... I want know part of him I'm sorry for the narrow minded view If the Canucks were a basketball team Sexy William would be a great add as a 3 pt perimeter player...

Still all in on Virtanen who had a good game...

Why do I call William Nylander Sexy??? cause with all do respect he wears the S on his jersey and u know u are sexy when at 5-10 175 (like that translates in the post season in the Western Conference) when your old man admires your ass you know u are SEXY... sidenote this Princess isn't winning too many puck battles... Put a dress on this cutie and let him play on somebody else's top 6 cause we already have enough sweathearts...

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.co ... nyllet.jpg
Last edited by olpaddy on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

I wouldn't be trying to trade up, I think this is one of those drafts that players are going to move around a bit. I think if you can get an extra pick or two cheap, that is the route I would go.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Nylander looks like transvestite Pacific Blue . I thought for sure you would be all over him for the Canucks pick. Christ my head hurts today. I went out to get new tires on my truck at 10:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 3:00 AM.
I told my ex wife that Blob half of everything I own ever since....