Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Apparently Fleury was voted best player of today's game. Votes are made by both teams. Virtanen got the honour in Canada's first game of the tourney.

Pretty boy with a girls face - Nylander with 2 goals, 2 assists today. Runaway points leader of tourney

This Konechny(sp?) looks like the real deal. Apparently he's Horvats 2nd cousin. Him and Barzal will be battling it out for 3rd overall pick in 2015 behind McDavid and Eichel. Eichel looks to be USA's next big forward.

Draft Virtanen at 6. Trade with Ottawa, draft Fleury at 10. Two western Canadian boys, to kick off western Canadian boy - lindens tenure as the man in the charge to usher in the new era
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Draft Virtanen at 6. Trade with Ottawa, draft Fleury at 10. Two western Canadian boys, to kick off western Canadian boy - lindens tenure as the man in the charge to usher in the new era

Anaheim has Ottawa's pick. You best hope Dallas knocks of Anaheim so they make a big push for one Ryan Kesler.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Draft Virtanen at 6. Trade with Ottawa, draft Fleury at 10. Two western Canadian boys, to kick off western Canadian boy - lindens tenure as the man in the charge to usher in the new era

Anaheim has Ottawa's pick. You best hope Dallas knocks of Anaheim so they make a big push for one Ryan Kesler.

Seems like they wouldn't be keen on giving up Ottawa's pick now, I'd much rather try to get a 2015 first rounder.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Tried watching the Erie/Guelph game on tv tonight, shit was that painful. I swear Gaunce moves his feet less than Kassian does. He's constantly gliding at zero miles an our and seems very timid in battling for pucks. I hope this was an off game for him. Fox did nothing for me as well. Do we really have a good prospect pool?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:34 pm

SKYO wrote:Seems like they wouldn't be keen on giving up Ottawa's pick now, I'd much rather try to get a 2015 first rounder.

That draft is supposedly better, especially at the top, but anytime you get a chance to grab a top-10 pick you have to go for it, imo. If we trade Kesler to Anaheim for their 2015 first (as part of a package) that pick is likely to be in the 24-30 range.
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Diehard1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:29 am

RoyalDude wrote:Tried watching the Erie/Guelph game on tv tonight, shit was that painful. I swear Gaunce moves his feet less than Kassian does. He's constantly gliding at zero miles an our and seems very timid in battling for pucks. I hope this was an off game for him. Fox did nothing for me as well. Do we really have a good prospect pool?

Only one game, Gaunce plays a very cerebral game where he doesn't run around all over the place. He's almost always in the right position to make a play but won't be beating anybody with his speed. Luckily he's very big and can fight through checks as he will need it at the next level. I think he needs a year or two in the AHL before he's ready.

In general, Erie was terrible this whole series. I have no idea why, they were beaten soundly. Guelph smashed both London and Erie and I expect they will do the same to North Bay. Very underrated team.

Nylander' steam just lost to the US in the under 18's. He sure had a hell of a tournament, could get into the top 5 after this. He's got a ton of skill but will need a year or two in the Swedish league before he comes over as he needs to put on a lot of muscle. Still, the skill is there.

Again reinforces that it's him or Ritchie for me, one is sublimely skilled but needs to get stronger, the other is built like a freight train and is very skilled but not in Nylander's class. Assuming the top 5 go as expected those are my choices, but it seems there's a ton of fluctuation in each team's favourites. I expect there will be some surprises on draft day.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Meds » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:03 am

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Tried watching the Erie/Guelph game on tv tonight, shit was that painful. I swear Gaunce moves his feet less than Kassian does. He's constantly gliding at zero miles an our and seems very timid in battling for pucks. I hope this was an off game for him. Fox did nothing for me as well. Do we really have a good prospect pool?

Only one game, Gaunce plays a very cerebral game where he doesn't run around all over the place. He's almost always in the right position to make a play but won't be beating anybody with his speed. Luckily he's very big and can fight through checks as he will need it at the next level. I think he needs a year or two in the AHL before he's ready.

In general, Erie was terrible this whole series. I have no idea why, they were beaten soundly. Guelph smashed both London and Erie and I expect they will do the same to North Bay. Very underrated team.

Nylander' steam just lost to the US in the under 18's. He sure had a hell of a tournament, could get into the top 5 after this. He's got a ton of skill but will need a year or two in the Swedish league before he comes over as he needs to put on a lot of muscle. Still, the skill is there.

Again reinforces that it's him or Ritchie for me, one is sublimely skilled but needs to get stronger, the other is built like a freight train and is very skilled but not in Nylander's class. Assuming the top 5 go as expected those are my choices, but it seems there's a ton of fluctuation in each team's favourites. I expect there will be some surprises on draft day.

Would you rather have Milan Lucic or Alexander Semin?
Meds
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:12 am

Would you rather have Alex Stojanov or Markus Naslund?
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:15 am

I'm actually leaning towards Virtanen now, with Ritchie 2nd, Nylander 3rd

I was just giving Gaunce the gears, it was more about how shitty his team looked. I think he's a good prospect
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:19 am

Edler to Tampa for the Rangers pick they own from the Callahan deal - 18th overall. Makes sense, If there is someone who could resurrect Edlers career it's Bowness.

Canucks draft the 6'-2" - 190 lb swede - Kempe with the 18th pick
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:22 am

Nylander looks like transvestite Pacific Blue . I thought for sure you would be all over him for the Canucks pick. Christ my head hurts today. I went out to get new tires on my truck at 10:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 3:00 AM.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:34 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Nylander looks like transvestite Pacific Blue . I thought for sure you would be all over him for the Canucks pick. Christ my head hurts today. I went out to get new tires on my truck at 10:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 3:00 AM.

Lol, you must be in Mrs. McKenzies dog house today

Started at the The Arms? Then what, ended up in some crack house in Haney?

Nylander is weird looking, when I first googled the kid I thought I made a mistake in my googling cause I kept getting a girl in a hockey uni claiming to be Nylander.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:59 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Nylander looks like transvestite Pacific Blue . I thought for sure you would be all over him for the Canucks pick. Christ my head hurts today. I went out to get new tires on my truck at 10:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 3:00 AM.

Lol, you must be in Mrs. McKenzies dog house today

Started at the The Arms? Then what, ended up in some crack house in Haney?

Nylander is weird looking, when I first googled the kid I thought I made a mistake in my googling cause I kept getting a girl in a hockey uni claiming to be Nylander.

No idea what you're talking about Dudester.

"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:02 am

Nylander today was good for the first 2 periods but the Americans became too much for him. It was again the Eichel show out there, is it ever not? Hearing a lot of rumblings out there that Eichel is the better player than McDavid. Every time I see Eichal I'm really impressed, wish I could say the same for McDavid. Starting to look like another classic Ontario media/fan overhyping of another local kid.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:38 am

McDavid = Cleary?
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat