Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Yeah you nailed it all right . Do you kill houseflies with hammers in your house too ?
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 am

I heard through the grapevine that ole Bubbles likes to drink alone in seedy bars, ends up getting in arguments with people who aren't there which leads to drunken shadow boxing followed by a good ole fashion hog tie toss out the bar and onto the streets of the DTES. This is his usual path to an Astoria hotel room at 3am in the morning
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:36 pm

A few posters who were on in this thread haven’t been back in a long time?

I wonder why?

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:41 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 am
I heard through the grapevine that ole Bubbles likes to drink alone in seedy bars, ends up getting in arguments with people who aren't there which leads to drunken shadow boxing followed by a good ole fashion hog tie toss out the bar and onto the streets of the DTES. This is his usual path to an Astoria hotel room at 3am in the morning
What a crock of shit. You know I drink at the Patricia
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 pm

aha good read the 1st 10 pages.

Looking back I wanted to get Fleury as "dmen take forever to develop".

This draft wasn't good for dmen however, after Ekblad the ok dmen left was/is Fleury, Sanheim and then we got Tryamkin!(russian factor tho).

2nd rounder Masin seems to be trending ok for TBL, same with Brandon Montour for the Ducks.

DeAngelo is bust, iirc he had issues in junior with his attitude/anger.

Could be if got Ehlers/Nylander they could have bumped us up in points a bit to where we couldn't have drafted Elias Pettersson maybe who imo will be better than both of them in the end.

Anyways 4 years later I'm still wanting to get a high end dman who has #1D potential!

Juolevi seems like a future top pairing guy / top 4D, but not a #1D.

2014 our dmen prospects were Corrado, Hutton and Subban, 4 years later it's Juolevi, somewhat huts/stecher/pouliot & Chatfield, Brisebois, Holm---Tryamkin has two more years on his KHL contract. Benning has concentrated more on the forward ranks and luckily goaltending nabbing Thatcher Demko this 2014 draft. :thumbs:

For the upcoming 2018 draft, we gotta work the dmen this time & it's a good one to pick a defenseman, hopefully with the veteran trades at the TDD we land another 1st or 2nd rounder(s).
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."