Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Post by Diehard1 »

olpaddy wrote:Watching Canada vs Sweden keep hearing how great sexy William Nylander has been in this tourney... So the Swedish sweetheart has lit up this tourney... I want know part of him I'm sorry for the narrow minded view If the Canucks were a basketball team Sexy William would be a great add as a 3 pt perimeter player...

Still all in on Virtanen who had a good game...

Why do I call William Nylander Sexy??? cause with all do respect he wears the S on his jersey and u know u are sexy when at 5-10 175 (like that translates in the post season in the Western Conference) when your old man admires your ass you know u are SEXY... sidenote this Princess isn't winning too many puck battles... Put a dress on this cutie and let him play on somebody else's top 6 cause we already have enough sweathearts...

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.co ... nyllet.jpg
Give me Ritchie over Virtanen. I still want the big man most of all, assuming one of the top 5 don't fall that is. Can't teach that size and his shot, skating and physical game are all very good.

Still would take him over Nylander at 6, too hard to find what Ritchie brings. Can grab some smaller skilled guys in the second round if you want - Point, Schmaltz, Kase, Pastrnak, etc - not all will be there but at least one or two will be. Much easier to find guys like Nylander than guys like Ritchie, though I would still be ok with either.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Diehard1 wrote:
olpaddy wrote:Watching Canada vs Sweden keep hearing how great sexy William Nylander has been in this tourney... So the Swedish sweetheart has lit up this tourney... I want know part of him I'm sorry for the narrow minded view If the Canucks were a basketball team Sexy William would be a great add as a 3 pt perimeter player...

Still all in on Virtanen who had a good game...

Why do I call William Nylander Sexy??? cause with all do respect he wears the S on his jersey and u know u are sexy when at 5-10 175 (like that translates in the post season in the Western Conference) when your old man admires your ass you know u are SEXY... sidenote this Princess isn't winning too many puck battles... Put a dress on this cutie and let him play on somebody else's top 6 cause we already have enough sweathearts...

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.co ... nyllet.jpg
Give me Ritchie over Virtanen. I still want the big man most of all, assuming one of the top 5 don't fall that is. Can't teach that size and his shot, skating and physical game are all very good.

Still would take him over Nylander at 6, too hard to find what Ritchie brings. Can grab some smaller skilled guys in the second round if you want - Point, Schmaltz, Kase, Pastrnak, etc - not all will be there but at least one or two will be. Much easier to find guys like Nylander than guys like Ritchie, though I would still be ok with either.
Uh, when it comes to "smaller" guys you have to determine whether Nylander is the next Ricky Schroeder or preferably a David Krejci. similarly with Ritchie, a Stojanov or will he be a Lucic.

I ...

to see the Canucks' esteemed Amateur Scouting Staff work their magic and make that determination! 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Nylander looks like transvestite Pacific Blue . I thought for sure you would be all over him for the Canucks pick. Christ my head hurts today. I went out to get new tires on my truck at 10:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 3:00 AM.
Look, Blob ... If the Canucks select Nylander, I don't care if he chooses to gets a weekly manicure, as long as he shows that he has good hands on the ice. 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Watching the trench warfare that these playoffs are - Ritchie and Virtanen are the go to targets. If we want skill over Braun I'd take Perlini ahead of Nylander and Ehlers cause Perlini is big and fast and smart. Ehlers and Nylanders slight frames scare me, they will never be Schwarts/Gallagher thick.

Perlini got another goal today

There are some very good 'skill' players who might be around when we are picking at 36.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:Watching the trench warfare that these playoffs are - Ritchie and Virtanen are the go to targets. If we want skill over Braun I'd take Perlini ahead of Nylander and Ehlers cause Perlini is big and fast and smart. Ehlers and Nylanders slight frames scare me, they will never be Schwarts/Gallagher thick.

Perlini got another goal today

There are some very good 'skill' players who might be around when we are picking at 36.
Okay, if Nylander reaches his potential, which ex or current NHLer would you think his ultimate upside is?

(Best Case Scenario)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

US win gold 5-2. Watch out for Larkin and Milano at the draft. Great tourney from those two, both had goals today. ISS ranked Larkin 14th and Milano in their last April top 30. Larkin is a big power forward type. He showed a lot better than Tuch. This draft is deeper than it appears. The Czechs have a couple good players whose stocks may be rising as well.

Trade Edlet back to his mentor Bowness in Tampa for the Rangers 18th pick they own
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:US win gold 5-2. Watch out for Larkin and Milano at the draft. Great tourney from those two, both had goals today. ISS ranked Larkin 14th and Milano in their last April top 30. Larkin is a big power forward type. He showed a lot better than Tuch. This draft is deeper than it appears. The Czechs have a couple good players whose stocks may be rising as well.

Trade Edlet back to his mentor Bowness in Tampa for the Rangers 18th pick they own[
I'd rather the package be Edler plus the 6th for The "Real Deal" Kane and maybe a 2nd rnd pick back. But I'm not so sure Edler would be so eager to waive his NTC to go there.

I could see Edler waiving to go to one of the Florida teams, however. But I'd prefer younger prospects in the 19-23 age range that are NHL ready or close to that rather than just pick(s) coming back.

Unless, the goal is to tank for a top 2 pick next season. But I don't see that being the mandate given that Ownership who wants a competitive team and the appointment of Linden.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

No one in their right mind with a NTC will waive to play in Winnipeg. Secondly. Linden hated Bures reclusive, prima Donna presence amongst the team, Kane apparently comes with the same baggage. Kane is not Lindens team player, good away from the rink kind of guy. Trust me

Do not be surprised if Stevie Y kicks the tires on Edler especially with Bowness there whom Edler really likes. Tampas defence is nothing short of awful. Brewers playoff performance was embarrassingly bad. Plus you got fellow swede Hedman there, lots of enticing factors for Edler and Stevie Y
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

The best thing about the Can vs. Sweden game today was Craig Button's shot at William Nylander where he said they should change the where's waldo game to where's William... Craig Button made a funny that was actually funny... Sidenote watching Virtanen Truck a guy today coming out of his own end when he had the puck a skill that amazes me, watching him in the words of Dave Randorf single handily kill of 60 seconds of a Swedish pp by generating 2 amazing chances offensively driving the net like a power forward should or assist on Canada's first goal I still think this is a two player draft Virtanen or Ritchie unless 1 of the top 5 falls...

Getting back to Sexy William Nylander http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHandler. ... condColumn

If any Vancouver Canuck fan wants to draft this kid 6th overall after watching today performance, add that to the fact watching what the NHL POST SEASON IS LIKE i.e the Western Conference, add that to the fact you already are locked into the twins in your top 6 for the for see able future... Not to mention another small forward in Shinkaruk who if he pans must do so as a top 6, I question the sanity... If for no other reason than the guy who is taking over is spending virtually every waking moment with his new buddy& bestie Cam Neely... Trevor Linden is all in on the Bruins Model this is no secret... Sidenote Hey Mike Gillis how is that Detroit Model working these Days??? Boston says to Mike Gillis I GOT YOUR NYQUIST RIGHT HERE... (Another Princess who when the games got serious HE DIDN'T)

I find it hard to believe that the guy Trevor tabs with his 1st franchise pick is this Princess..

He has got puck battle Playoff Hockey written across his Sexy face... When Randorf and Button who by the way Backtracked on Sexy William's play saying its virtually impossible for him to dominate all the time BUT if he can't score all the time paraphrasing what else does he provide you.... Other than being Sexy...
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

olpaddy wrote:The best thing about the Can vs. Sweden game today was Craig Button's shot at William Nylander where he said they should change the where's waldo game to where's William... Craig Button made a funny that was actually funny... Sidenote watching Virtanen Truck a guy today coming out of his own end when he had the puck a skill that amazes me, watching him in the words of Dave Randorf single handily kill of 60 seconds of a Swedish pp by generating 2 amazing chances offensively driving the net like a power forward should or assist on Canada's first goal I still think this is a two player draft Virtanen or Ritchie unless 1 of the top 5 falls...

Getting back to Sexy William Nylander http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHandler. ... condColumn

If any Vancouver Canuck fan wants to draft this kid 6th overall after watching today performance, add that to the fact watching what the NHL POST SEASON IS LIKE i.e the Western Conference, add that to the fact you already are locked into the twins in your top 6 for the for see able future... Not to mention another small forward in Shinkaruk who if he pans must do so as a top 6, I question the sanity... If for no other reason than the guy who is taking over is spending virtually every waking moment with his new buddy& bestie Cam Neely... Trevor Linden is all in on the Bruins Model this is no secret... Sidenote Hey Mike Gillis how is that Detroit Model working these Days??? Boston says to Mike Gillis I GOT YOUR NYQUIST RIGHT HERE... (Another Princess who when the games got serious HE DIDN'T)

I find it hard to believe that the guy Trevor tabs with his 1st franchise pick is this Princess..

He has got puck battle Playoff Hockey written across his Sexy face... When Randorf and Button who by the way Backtracked on Sexy William's play saying its virtually impossible for him to dominate all the time BUT if he can't score all the time paraphrasing what else does he provide you.... Other than being Sexy...
Well how did Nazzy look during one of those Junior tourneys games against Canada or when Ovechkin or Malkin got dominated when they played against Canada? One game sample size doesn't mean too much to me. You say, size can't be taught. You're right ... but you also can't teach skill.

The NYR traded size (a prototypical "Bruins" type player in Callahan) for skill, MSL (5'8") ... and they are at least still competing in the Playoffs and MSL is one of the main reasons why. 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^^^
That and they are in the east....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

So, uh, how does Eichel look in this pic? :lol:

via: https://twitter.com/Jack_Eichel11
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Context:

Nylander 7gp 6-10-16 0pim
Eichel 7gp 5-5-10 2pim
Milano 7gp 3-7-10 4pim
Virtanen 7gp 3-3-6 10pim
Kase 7gp 3-2-5 0pim
Perlini 7gp 3-2-5 6pim
Barzal 7gp 3-1-4 6pim
Sanheim 7gp 0-3-3 0pim
Fleury 7gp 0-1-1 4pim

Safe to say Nylander's stock just went up a notch.

Sanheim is a promising blueliner for Canada that just put himself on a lot of team's draft radars if he wasn't already there.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:Context:

Nylander 7gp 6-10-16 0pim
Eichel 7gp 5-5-10 2pim
Milano 7gp 3-7-10 4pim
Virtanen 7gp 3-3-6 10pim
Kase 7gp 3-2-5 0pim
Perlini 7gp 3-2-5 6pim
Barzal 7gp 3-1-4 6pim
Sanheim 7gp 0-3-3 0pim
Fleury 7gp 0-1-1 4pim

Safe to say Nylander's stock just went up a notch.
Yeah, but look at what Eichel has in his mouth compared to what Nylander has:

#WINNING
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy