Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Don't like the scouting reports on Virtanen. He's basically David Booth, from what I've read
HEY... just because the kid hails from Abby doesn't mean he's a bible-thumping heathen-hater! :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The top 10 seemingly will go something like this

The 1 to 5 group will be

Reinhart
Ekblad
Bennett
Draisaitl
Dal Colle

6-7 group should be

Ritchie
Nylander

8 - 10 group

Fleury
Ehlers
McCann

The Canucks look like they will fall in that 8 - 10 group. Don't want another Schroeder shrimp in Ehlers. It looks like it will come down to Fleury or McCann, I'd be happy with either

If we fall out of the top 10, I don't like what's available there i.e., Perlini, Virtanen, Kapanen, Kempe, Ho Sang, Barbeshev, D'Angelo. If we did fall out of top 10 I'd shoot for Kapanen
Basically how I see it too. My preference, in order:

1) Reinhart
2) Bennett
3) Dal Colle
4) Draisaitl
5) Ritchie
6) Ehlers
7) Nylander

I'm not including D because Ekblad is really the only one I would take in the top ten and there are a few teams who need D a lot more than the Nucks picking ahead of them. Don't want Fleury, he reminds me of a poor man's Bouwmeester and forward depth is much more of a need now and in the future.

I Ike McCann if all of these players are gone. Really would love Reinhart or Bennett but a lot of teams feel that way I'm sure. Reinhart is the Bret player in the draft IMHO. Bennett is a little ball of hate, will run through a guy to score and that's the type of player the Nucks could really use. Dal Colle I love his puck possession and shot, he's just extremely gifted offensively and can play both wing or center. Draisaitl I've only seen play once so I'm going more on scouting reports, big center who uses his body well but needs to work on his skating. Ritchie is big, mean and had a wicked shot. Ehlers is pure speed and hands.

If the Nucks are in the top 7 or 8 they will get a very good player. It gets a bit fuzzier after that as the level of player drops off.
Good post

Put Ekblad in that grouping and the drop off point for me is after the 8th pick. Ehlers yet small is just way too dynamic, skilled, fast, high IQ to not be in that group. Really hope the Canucks get in the top 8. After its pretty much roll the dice on about 10 players

Fleury
McCann
Perlini
Kapanen
Kempe
Tuch
Honka
Fabbri
Ho-Sang
Barbeshev
Virtanen
D'Angelo
Scherbak
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Pacific Blue Virtanen,Ritchie, or Perlini if this team loses 3 of 4 Ritchie is ours if not Perlini or Virtanen will be the choice... Pacific Blue Don't sleep on Virtanen Right Handed shot who can skate and has a heavy shot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RztPZLG34D0 Ritchie highlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6jLp1eoy_E Perlini Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpbmydIO1aY Virtanen Highlights...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

olpaddy wrote:Pacific Blue Virtanen,Ritchie, or Perlini if this team loses 3 of 4 Ritchie is ours if not Perlini or Virtanen will be the choice... Pacific Blue Don't sleep on Virtanen Right Handed shot who can skate and has a heavy shot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RztPZLG34D0 Ritchie highlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6jLp1eoy_E Perlini Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpbmydIO1aY Virtanen Highlights...
Good post

Especially if MG stays true to that bigger and younger movement.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen paddycakes, Virtanen is David Booth in the making. I don't want him. Ive read some scouts not even having him in the top 20. Button has him in the second round. He's dumb like Druken and Booth.

Perlini they are calling the Benoit Pouliot of this draft and not for good reasons. A big softie

I like Ritchie, Ehlers and Nylander

Fleury and McCann are the classic boring, nothing flashy safe picks

Ehlers the Dane is explosive, fast, smart. He and Drouin are 1 and 2 on the QMJHL playoff scoring leader board. Finished 4th in scoring behind Mantha and Drouin as a rookie.

He is 5'-11" 182 lbs not that small. Plays left wing. Dale Tallon calls him a Patrick Kane clone. We need skill. We got enough defensive forward type prospects. If not Ehlers take Nylander
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen paddycakes, Virtanen is David Booth in the making. I don't want him. Ive read some scouts not even having him in the top 20. Button has him in the second round. He's dumb like Druken and Booth.

Perlini they are calling the Benoit Pouliot of this draft and not for good reasons. A big softie

Ehlers the Dane is explosive, fast, smart. He and Drouin are 1 and 2 on the QMJHL playoff scoring leader board. Finished 4th in scoring behind Mantha and Drouin as a rookie.

He is 5'-11" 182 lbs not that small. Plays left wing. Dale Tallon calls him a Patrick Kane clone. We need skill. We got enough defensive forward type prospects. If not Ehlers take Nylander

The Danes - Jensen and Ehlers will replace the Swedish meatballs as our go to skilled forwards
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Listen paddycakes, Virtanen is David Booth in the making. I don't want him. Ive read some scouts not even having him in the top 20. Button has him in the second round. He's dumb like Druken and Booth.

Aren't you the same guy who said Gilbert Brule was a cun't miss and the Canucks missed out on not drafting him?

:P
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don't fucking remember, nor do i give a shit. Whats your fucking point? Ask the archivist to look up my thoughts on Brule before he was drafted a thousand years ago. Would not be surprised if I was high on him, here's an insight - there were thousands who thought Brule was da shit, just like Daigle, Brendl, Lawton, Bonsignore etc blah, blah, blah...I'd take my chances on an Ehlers over a boring middling meh player like McCann or Fleury or a dumb ass like Virtanen.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:I don't fucking remember, nor do i give a shit. Whats your fucking point? Ask the archivist to look up my thoughts on Brule before he was drafted a thousand years ago. Would not be surprised if I was high on him, here's an insight - there were thousands who thought Brule was da shit, just like Daigle, Brendl, Lawton, Bonsignore etc blah, blah, blah...I'd take my chances on an Ehlers over a boring middling meh player like McCann or Fleury or a dumb ass like Virtanen.
Were you in a drunk'n stupor?! :lol:

Yet you criticize our GM for crappy drafts for what you just admitted was a complete crapshoot.

It is probably 50/50 luck and skill when it comes to picking and even that is determined by the scouts and the philosophy/intuition of the GM.

If you were GM I think this team would be the Toronto Maple leaves of the West.

Don't take my word for it, let's get The Archivist™ to waste...er....use his valuable remaining life energy to nail your ass to the cross on the 'picks' you would have drafted and see were this team would be.

:mex:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Yet you criticize our GM for crappy drafts for what you just admitted was a complete crapshoot.
Yes, what about that Dude? :mex:

By the way fellas, it may please you to know that I, for one, have repented from my archiving ways! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Yet you criticize our GM for crappy drafts for what you just admitted was a complete crapshoot.
Yes, what about that Dude? :mex:

By the way fellas, it may please you to know that I, for one, have repented from my archiving ways! :thumbs:
You're letting them win?? :o
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: You're letting them win?? :o
Nah, I figure I've already ruined them for life.... :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: You're letting them win?? :o
Nah, I figure I've already ruined them for life.... :thumbs:
Your last copy and paste job was pretty scarring. You cut deep Strange. You cut very deep.
Last edited by mathonwy on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^^^

Mathonwy...anything worth doing is worth doing well
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

rats19 wrote:^^^^

Mathonwy...anything worth doing is worth doing well
Words to live by ratski.

And you can call me math. :)