A Rudderless Ship

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby Strangelove » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:51 pm

mathonwy wrote:So.. you're in favor of the tough love. The my way or the highway type of leadership eh?

Yep, that style sure worked out for Mike Keenan (who's in Russia right btw).

So, this "strong message" that you feel that it's important to send to a group of adults. Shape up or I'm going to punish you like I did to Luo?

:roll:

Yep, ruling by fear always works right?

Fear me or suffer the consequences?

FUCK YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON. (not you Strange. Just in general)

This ain't the army. This is a hockey team. And even if it WERE the army. Trying to control ANYONE through fear tactics is an idiot's way of leading.

And it's not like the team needed MORE bullshit to deal with.

Take your blinders off man. We are having the worst season imaginable. Not one player is having a good season. TBK wants to trade the whole team away. RD is gaining divine powers!! THE WHOLE WORLD HAS GONE NUTS!!

Luo may be a bit of a prima donna but he's also damn good too. Torts fucked our team by pissing on Luo (rightly or wrongly, it doesn't really matter) and ultimately getting Luo traded away in the middle of one of our most fucked up seasons ever.

Let's just pretend that the Canucks still want to make the playoffs. Who gives you the better chance to do so? Luo or Matthias and Markstrom?

Tort's ego shouldn't be bigger than the team. But it is right now.


LOL who are you even talking to. :lol:

All I said is that at the beginning of the season Torts warned the team to be careful about their tweets.

All I said was that Lou's last tweet as a Canuck was exactly the kind of tweet Torts warned them about.

All I said is that perhaps that tweet was enough to push Torts into choosing his red-hot rookie.

BTW, it IS possible to be "tough but fair" I hope you know.

Torts isn't Hitler... or worse... Keenan. :scowl:

So Torts isn't allowed to bench a player for any reason whatsoever??

Or is it just the almighty Lou he can't bench?

We don't know how the conversation went when Torts told Lou he wasn't playing in the HT.

All we know is that Lou whined to the media like a little bitch.

Thank God that drama queen is the fuck outta here!

Speaking of :drama queens" there Mathonwy.... :look:
____
Big Dog
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby Strangelove » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Topper wrote:Anyone who thinks the tweet on the Kesler rumours was significant needs to grow some skin and a sense of humour, stop reading tea leaves and playing with ouji boards.


LOFL now the Great Strangelove has no sense of humour??

Ummm... Luongo was washing the team’s laundry in public.

Coaches don’t go in for that sort of thing.

I love Lou’s sense of humour but he crossed the line in that particular tweet.

Following that act up with whining to the media is just more of the same.

Call me old-fashioned...
____
Big Dog
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby mathonwy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thank God that drama queen is the fuck outta here!

Speaking of :drama queens" there Mathonwy.... :look:

:lol:

What.. you don't like Abba?

:mrgreen:
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby Strangelove » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Well even if I did I'd say... NO :look:
____
Big Dog
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby The Brown Knight » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Mathonwy,

Just to be clear, I don't want to "trade the whole team away."

The only players I want to move right now are Kesler and Edler for young players that have a realistic shot of being a future core piece that a team can build around.

My hope is that we move Kesler and Edler on draft day (as part of a package or as part of separate deals) and ultimately land a young guy that has a legitimate shot of being a franchise center one day.

I'm also hoping that we make a few minor deals so that we add size, toughness, and youth to our back-end.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
User avatar
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby mathonwy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:12 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:Mathonwy,

Just to be clear, I don't want to "trade the whole team away."

The only players I want to move right now are Kesler and Edler for young players that have a realistic shot of being a future core piece that a team can build around.

My hope is that we move Kesler and Edler on draft day (as part of a package or as part of separate deals) and ultimately land a young guy that has a legitimate shot of being a franchise center one day.

I'm also hoping that we make a few minor deals so that we add size, toughness, and youth to our back-end.


No offense TBK but I can't keep up with your trade suggestions.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby The Brown Knight » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Lol fair enough.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
User avatar
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby SKYO » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Maybe if the Canucks miss the playoffs the Aquabros will sell the team to another billionaire like John McCaw, an owner who doesn't get in the way of the GM's decisions.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby Vader » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:29 pm

SKYO wrote:Maybe if the Canucks miss the playoffs the Aquabros will sell the team to another billionaire like John McCaw, an owner who doesn't get in the way of the GM's decisions.

:crazy:

Does the name Mark Messier mean anything to you?
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby SKYO » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:49 am

Vader wrote:
SKYO wrote:Maybe if the Canucks miss the playoffs the Aquabros will sell the team to another billionaire like John McCaw, an owner who doesn't get in the way of the GM's decisions.

:crazy:

Does the name Mark Messier mean anything to you?

haha good point, too bad McCaw didn't get his man Gretzky cause of Quinn's brutal negotiating instead we got The Cancer Messier.

This franchise *sigh*
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby Topper » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:30 am

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:Anyone who thinks the tweet on the Kesler rumours was significant needs to grow some skin and a sense of humour, stop reading tea leaves and playing with ouji boards.


LOFL now the Great Strangelove has no sense of humour??

Ummm... Luongo was washing the team’s laundry in public.

Coaches don’t go in for that sort of thing.

I love Lou’s sense of humour but he crossed the line in that particular tweet.

Following that act up with whining to the media is just more of the same.

Call me old-fashioned...

Dead serious.............finishes old fashioned, throws glass into the fire place.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby Meds » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 am

I know we can't trade them.....but do you think, if the fans turn sour enough, that we can make the Sedins so uncomfortable here that they ask to be moved or go back to Sweden?

I just don't want to be paying these guys $14M a year while we re-build.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby rats19 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:03 am

Meds wrote:I know we can't trade them.....but do you think, if the fans turn sour enough, that we can make the Sedins so uncomfortable here that they ask to be moved or go back to Sweden?

I just don't want to be paying these guys $14M a year while we re-build.

its alot for second line... but that what we need to do..GET A FIRST LINE!!!

they will mentor blah blah blah..

also they will begin to score again..this cannot happen for much longer...its crazy i tells ya :crazy: :crazy:
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby dbr » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:22 am

Meds wrote:I know we can't trade them.....but do you think, if the fans turn sour enough, that we can make the Sedins so uncomfortable here that they ask to be moved or go back to Sweden?

I just don't want to be paying these guys $14M a year while we re-build.


:rolleyes:

More realistic than a fan campaign to ostracize the Sedins would be the Canucks retaining 50% of each of their salaries and dealing them as a package to the highest bidder (among their small list of acceptable destinations). Maybe JP Barry can negotiate a trade on their behalf.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Postby herb » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:37 am

WTF is going on in the media right now?

Gillis doesn't trade Kesler and Edler and all over the web all I'm reading about is how Gillis "blew it". Teams low ball Gillis with third liners and draft picks and Gillis is vilified for not moving two of our most talented players...give me a freaking break.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NzVanFan, Reefer2, Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest