Kesler has requested a trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Postby Strangelove » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:23 pm

RoyalDude wrote:The long and short of it, Kesler isn't going anywhere soon. Yippie Ky Yay. I look forward to another season with the massive elephant in the room and the eventual trade of Kesler at the trade deadline in which the returning assets won't be much better than what we got for Luongo. Don't expect a windfall return for Kesler at the trade deadline with just one year left on a contract before hitting UFA status

Yeah so it wasn't all about Gillis.

You're just a bitter bitter man. :(

If you don't believe Bennden is gonna trade Kesler by now you're FUBAR old bean.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:38 am

Something about the tap water at the Orca Bay offices that is making our GMs completely incapable at getting shit done. Massive procrastinating to the point of when they do eventually pull the trigger, the asset in question will be devalued considerably from the time when they should have pulled the trigger but didnt cause they didnt like the offers. In short, they eventually accept the original shitty offer after the long drawn out realization that the offers will not get better, just worse, and Canuck fans endure another circus of a season.

Advise for Benden, take the best fucking deal and be done with it!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby dangler » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:56 am

Well if the returns less than desirable now(picks & prospects) and is the same at trade deadline, why not keep him around for the 60 games rather than struggle a whole season w/o a 2nd top 6 C,the team only has to make it through the last portion of the season w/o him, giving other players more time to develop and to replace him.
I don't buy all the untenable elephant-in-the-room B.S. the drama queens are spewing here.Lack benefited immensely from having Luongo here,and the situation only soured when Tort's decided to play Lack at the HC.
If Keslers only given the Canucks 2 trading partners he shouldn't be disappointed or surprised if he's still a Canuck come Sept..
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ODB » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:18 am

I would like to know when a NTC/NMC became a you can't trade me for five years but at any time I get to demand a trade to one of two teams clause? First Lou now Kesler...

I seriously wish our owners had some balls. Half our team has one of these you can't trade me for five years but at any time I get to demand a trade to one of two teams clauses in their contract. It's time to squash this shit like a fucking bug. You signed the deal you play here for the length of the contract. You want out, you wave your NTC and we will move you.

That's it! Wave and we move you or honor your fucking contract!

If I'm Aquaman... I put an end to this shit NOW! :mex:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby the Dogsalmon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:34 am

ODB wrote:I would like to know when a NTC/NMC became a you can't trade me for five years but at any time I get to demand a trade to one of two teams clause? First Lou now Kesler...

I seriously wish our owners had some balls. Half our team has one of these you can't trade me for five years but at any time I get to demand a trade to one of two teams clauses in their contract. It's time to squash this shit like a fucking bug. You signed the deal you play here for the length of the contract. You want out, you wave your NTC and we will move you.

That's it! Wave and we move you or honor your fucking contract!

If I'm Aquaman... I put an end to this shit NOW! :mex:

in the words of Denis Lemieux...."trade me right fucking now"
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Jovocop » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:51 am

WTF???

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Trade senses are on high alert. Starting to sound like Kesler deal is inching closer. Still working on destination, but next 24hrs, perhaps.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Betamax » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:55 am

Jovocop wrote:WTF???

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Trade senses are on high alert. Starting to sound like Kesler deal is inching closer. Still working on destination, but next 24hrs, perhaps.

The other DD stating the obvious. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:01 pm

What to believe. Benning goes on the air around the same time as DD tweets. Benning says no closer to a deal. Needs a player back that helps the Canucks today. Won't move him if the deal doesn't make sense. Then DD tweets deal imminent.

Sounds like, from Benning, the offers are all for a combination of picks and prospects but not a roster player. Benning does admit the NTC is complicating things. So Mr. Kesler, expand your list and but the Orca back on!
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Island Nucklehead » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:What to believe. Benning goes on the air around the same time as DD tweets. Benning says no closer to a deal. Needs a player back that helps the Canucks today. Won't move him if the deal doesn't make sense. Then DD tweets deal imminent.

Is Emerson Etem a player that could help the Canucks today?
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Mondi wrote:The local sports media are already referring to it as the "Ryan Kesler Situation", so unless he is traded you can expect the media to make a mountain out of a molehill until he is moved.

Unfortunately, that media frenzy is likely to weaken the Canucks negotiation position with other teams. Even if the decrease is incremental, the constant reminder that a players wants out is enough to empower other GMs.

As others have noted, hopefully he can be flipped this week. I am not counting on it.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html

Hopefully they get the deal done, or the controversy (real or apprehended) will be created.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Well it is a situation.

Involving Ryan Kesler.

Let's not get ridiculous here.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby sagebrush » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Read all about it!

Idle hockey hacks stir obsessed fans into exaggerated frenzy.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:16 pm

sagebrush wrote:Read all about it!

Post of the year ! Lmao so many hack puppets here lately it is hilarious . Good job Kapil
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby herb » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Is Emerson Etem a player that could help the Canucks today?

Yes, but not in the top 6.

We have enough 3rd liners as it is, but there's always the potential for a trade.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Cornuck » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:03 pm

sagebrush wrote:Read all about it!

Yep - with 55 pages on this topic, too.

So to recap, and please let me know if I'm wrong, Gillis started shopping Kesler and let the media know so that they would be the ones to ask him about his NTC. Which they were more than happy to do, so Kesler said "Sure, whatever".

Now that Gillis opened the can of worms, it's up to Benning to deal with the ensuing shitstorm of rumour mongering.

In the end Benning has no obligation to trade Kesler, and Kesler doesn't really sound that disgruntled.

I don't know how you guys put up with the local media. :D
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat