Kesler has requested a trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Postby dbr » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Calm down man. Let things pan out before getting all uppity, right now LeBrun is saying there are two front runners, not "he won't waive for 27 teams."

Whatever happens I hope this team does not act like a laughingstock franchise, if you're going to coerce a guy into waiving his NTC you might as well hire Brian Lawton to do it.

I also don't have ill will towards Kesler, I guess looking out for #1 doesn't jive with what we expect from hockey players but whatever. I don't begrudge a guy wanting to win, at least he didn't basically force the team to trade him to 1 franchise only so he could go play with his brother or eat dinner at his in-laws every weekend or whatever.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ODB » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Meds wrote:I actually hope that he gets traded, plays 10 games for a new team and then misses the rest of the season and playoffs with an injury.....the team wins the cup but he doesn't get his name on it because he didn't play enough games.

LOL, man child! :mex:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Kowch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Personally, I think if a player that has a NTC approaches the club to demand a trade, he should give a list of up to 10 teams (max) that he won't go to. The thought being that if he is demanding a trade after negotiating a NTC (seemingly because they want to stay with that team through the contact length), he should be much more flexible and give the GM some leeway to make the change happen.

If you really don't want to be here, don't cut the already limited (29) places you can be sent to.

As far as Kesler goes, I'm disappointed it has come to this. I like the fire he (usually) brings and the grit, but f him if he doesn't want to be on a team he seemed to want to captain at one point.
Kowch
CC Veteran

Postby the Dogsalmon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:49 pm

Meds wrote:Fuck Kesler if he's being that picky.

Benning should put the screws to him and say fuck you, stay here and we are going to play you with shit players and tank your value if you won't expand your list.

I actually hope that he gets traded, plays 10 games for a new team and then misses the rest of the season and playoffs with an injury.....the team wins the cup but he doesn't get his name on it because he didn't play enough games.

Benning should ship him to the AHL. Three weeks of shitty food and buses and not being treated like a prima donna should make him happy to go almost anywhere!
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:02 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:Benning should ship him to the AHL. Three weeks of shitty food and buses and not being treated like a prima donna should make him happy to go almost anywhere!

Good call, pretty sure no other team would claim him on waivers.
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Not a cap expert but if the Canucks take a youth approach carrying $2M of Kesler's cap for his remaining 2 years should not be a concern for the Canucks. This could improve the return from any team.

Imagine Kesler for only $3.5M per season.

Because the Canucks aren't paying enough already for people not to be here??
You do realize that would also count against our cap?

Of course, I am saying it can be used if needed to sweeten the return.

How bout NO.

We need that room and you don't need to sweeten the pot when it's a player of Kesler's calibre

(on an already-friendly contract).
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Meds wrote:Fuck Kesler if he's being that picky.

Benning should put the screws to him and say fuck you, stay here and we are going to play you with shit players and tank your value if you won't expand your list.

... cuz "tanking a players value" just before you trade him is so super smart. :roll:
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:13 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:Benning should ship him to the AHL. Three weeks of shitty food and buses and not being treated like a prima donna should make him happy to go almost anywhere!

Think people... THINK! :roll:

Also, we have NO IDEA how many teams Kesler would be willing to waive for.
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:50 pm

ODB wrote:
Meds wrote:I actually hope that he gets traded, plays 10 games for a new team and then misses the rest of the season and playoffs with an injury.....the team wins the cup but he doesn't get his name on it because he didn't play enough games.

LOL, man child! :mex:

Juvenile. :roll:
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:55 pm

dbr wrote:Calm down man. Let things pan out before getting all uppity, right now LeBrun is saying there are two front runners, not "he won't waive for 27 teams."

Whatever happens I hope this team does not act like a laughingstock franchise, if you're going to coerce a guy into waiving his NTC you might as well hire Brian Lawton to do it.

I also don't have ill will towards Kesler, I guess looking out for #1 doesn't jive with what we expect from hockey players but whatever. I don't begrudge a guy wanting to win, at least he didn't basically force the team to trade him to 1 franchise only so he could go play with his brother or eat dinner at his in-laws every weekend or whatever.

Just expressing my ire over a guy who wants a fresh start, but, according to Dreger (I think it was), has only given the nod for a trade to Anaheim or Chicago. I didn't care much until I heard that he was only green lighting 2 teams. If it's a longer list than those 2 then whatever.....so long as Benning gets the best possible return.

My initial response to most of this shit that involves pampered millionaires who play a game is always a "heart on my sleeve" reaction. I'm sure that's been well documented. :look: I always come back down to earth and get more "rational". :P
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Canuck-One » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:10 pm

So this all comes from Mr. Reliable. I would suggest patience until someone with some credibility reports what is happening.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Reefer2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Canuck-One wrote:So this all comes from Mr. Reliable. I would suggest patience until someone with some credibility reports what is happening.

Is there anyone reliable in the media?

I just wait until and IF a deal gets done.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Hank » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:15 pm

According to Bob McKenzie at TSN:

There is a list of six teams for Kesler and the two teams that seem to be the most interested in him right now are the Blackhawks and Ducks; that's not news. There's nothing imminent on the Kesler front because I get the sense that Anaheim and Chicago believe they're the only two teams in the running, therefore the offers aren't good enough for what Vancouver wants to do. Vancouver isn't going to do this deal if they don't get the right amount, or at least not at the draft.

And the other thing for the Canucks, like a lot of teams, they're trying to move up and get the first overall pick. Right now Panthers GM Dale Tallon has three legitimate offers, which is up from one. But don't confuse legitimate offers with a deal that he would absolutely make right now. Right now it's more likely he'll be using the first overall pick to make a selection than trading it.

Chillax. In GMJB We Trust. :mex:
Hank
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 pm

The long and short of it, Kesler isn't going anywhere soon. Yippie Ky Yay. I look forward to another season with the massive elephant in the room and the eventual trade of Kesler at the trade deadline in which the returning assets won't be much better than what we got for Luongo. Don't expect a windfall return for Kesler at the trade deadline with just one year left on a contract before hitting UFA status
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Meds wrote:Just expressing my ire over a guy who wants a fresh start, but, according to Dreger (I think it was), has only given the nod for a trade to Anaheim or Chicago.

Well anyone who runs with what Dreger says deserves a cyberkick in the cybernuts...

Meds wrote:My initial response to most of this shit that involves pampered millionaires who play a game is always a "heart on my sleeve" reaction. I'm sure that's been well documented. :look: I always come back down to earth and get more "rational". :P

UMMMM... is that before or after you get yourself banned there... Hench? :D
____
Strangelove
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat