Kesler has requested a trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's not a stretch. 17th pick in a weak draft? Laughton isn't exactly an elite prospect, no guarantees whatsoever and Couturier and Schenn don't have that beast mode big game player that Kesler is labelled with. Trust me, there will be a bidding war for Keslers services.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:It's not a stretch. 17th pick in a weak draft? Laughton isn't exactly an elite prospect, no guarantees whatsoever and Couturier and Schenn don't have that beast mode big game player that Kesler is labelled with. Trust me, there will be a bidding war for Keslers services.
Laughton may not be elite but he's in a similar caliber prospect catagory to Horvat.

re: HOCKEY NEWS FUTURE WATCH PROSPECTS 2014

via: http://fhcl.forum.com.bz/t759-hockey-ne ... pects-2014
1. JONATHON DROUIN
2. JOHN GIBSON
3. TEUVO TERAVAINEN
4. FILIP FORSBERG
5. RYAN STROME
6. EVGENY KUZNETSOV
7. RASMUS RISTOLAINEN
8. NIKITA ZADOROV
9. ALEX WENNBERG
10. ANTHONY MANTHA
11. GRIFFIN REINHART
12. BO HORVAT
13. ANDREY VASILEVSKIY
14. CURTIS LAZAR
15. SCOTT LAUGHTON
16. DIMITRI JASKIN
17. MIRCO MUELLER
18. MAX DOMI
19. ANDRE BURAKOWSKY
20. DERRICK POULIOT
21. DARNELL NURSE
22. MIKE MATHESON
23. J.T. MILLER
24. SAMI VATANEN
25. MALCOLM SUBBAN
26. JACOB DE LAROSE
27. JAKE ALLEN
28. RICKARD RACKELL
29. JOHNNY GAUDREAU
30. JOSH MORRISEY
31. MATHEW DUMBA
32. TOMAS JURCO
33. ZACH FUCALE
34. STEFAN MATTEAU
35. SVEN BAERTSCHI
36. JARED TINORDI
37. BRANDON GORMLEY
38. JAMIE OLEKSIAK
39. BRETT RITCHIE
40. HUNTER SHINKARUK
41. CALLE JARNKROK
42. MIKHAIL GRIGORENKO
43. OSCAR KLEFBOM
44. TIM ERIXON
45. BRIAN DUMOULIN
46. OSCAR DANSK
47. RYAN HARTMAN
48. EMILE POIRIER
49. HENRIK SAMUELSON
50. JOE MORROW
Kesler didn't show BEAST MODE until he was in his prime. Both B. Schenn and Couturier have a couple of years before they are in their prime.

Actually, the scuttlebutt now from MSM (TEAM Radio) today is asking about woud ya do a Horvat and 6th for the 1st overall?

I have to ponder a bit to make a determination on whether Horvat is a better asset than a B. Schenn and maybe that could be the route to go if there's a better chance that he may not end up being a top six C like a Bergeron or Kesler but end up but end up being a 3rd line C like a Manny Malhotra and the Canucks' believe that Sam Reinhart will be a future No. 1 C and B. Schenn could be the 2nd line C. :mex:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=454191
How does Jim Benning's selection as GM in Vancouver, and who he selects as head coach, affect the Ryan Kesler situation?

Darren Dreger: Ryan Kesler hasn't changed his mind. He wants a fresh start and to move on from Vancouver; he met with Benning earlier this week to talk about that. It's believed that Kesler still has six teams on his list that he's willing to be traded to. And we think that Philadelphia and Anaheim are among those.

Pierre LeBrun: The asking price remains high, as it should for a guy that only has a $5 million cap hit for two more years. The Canucks don't just want futures here, they want a player that can help them now, preferably a centre.

Bob McKenzie: With Kesler on the marketplace right now, that's bad news for the Ottawa Senators, who have been trying to trade Jason Spezza, preferably before the draft. With Kesler out there, that's a centre that most teams will target before they go after Spezza.
To further along this process, guess Kesler has made it a bit easier making it 7 teams with the Flyers as well..

Anaheim Ducks, Colorado Avalanche, Detroit Redwings, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

SKYO wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=454191
How does Jim Benning's selection as GM in Vancouver, and who he selects as head coach, affect the Ryan Kesler situation?

Darren Dreger: Ryan Kesler hasn't changed his mind. He wants a fresh start and to move on from Vancouver; he met with Benning earlier this week to talk about that. It's believed that Kesler still has six teams on his list that he's willing to be traded to. And we think that Philadelphia and Anaheim are among those.

Pierre LeBrun: The asking price remains high, as it should for a guy that only has a $5 million cap hit for two more years. The Canucks don't just want futures here, they want a player that can help them now, preferably a centre.

Bob McKenzie: With Kesler on the marketplace right now, that's bad news for the Ottawa Senators, who have been trying to trade Jason Spezza, preferably before the draft. With Kesler out there, that's a centre that most teams will target before they go after Spezza.
To further along this process, guess Kesler has made it a bit easier making it 7 teams with the Flyers as well..

Anaheim Ducks, Colorado Avalanche, Detroit Redwings, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins.
Well, it's good Kesler is making it easier on Benning, making the decision for him. He can bring the young assets and a pick, hopefully. I certainly would not be down with trading Horvat plus #6 to get Reinhart. That seems a sideways step, as from all accounts we're not taking McDavid here in Reinhart. If Benning pulls some other assets for Kesler he can pivot to the #1 pick with a little more trade flexibility. Let's get this rebuild on, people!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This whole trade Horvat stuff is laughable. Is this another 1040 fabrication? They can't always talk about the Lions training camp. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...fuck do I hate the CFL. If those 1040 morons would get their asses out of lame ass Canadian football folklore and realize there is a better product in town - the MLS/Whitecaps, we'd have a show.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude wrote:This whole trade Horvat stuff is laughable. Is this another 1040 fabrication? They can't always talk about the Lions training camp. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...fuck do I hate the CFL. If those 1040 morons would get their asses out of lame ass Canadian football folklore and realize there is a better product in town - the MLS/Whitecaps, we'd have a show.

LOL the Whitecaps. MLS is barely beer league calibre soccer. I can't believe people actually go to watch that shit.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Art Vandelay wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:This whole trade Horvat stuff is laughable. Is this another 1040 fabrication? They can't always talk about the Lions training camp. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...fuck do I hate the CFL. If those 1040 morons would get their asses out of lame ass Canadian football folklore and realize there is a better product in town - the MLS/Whitecaps, we'd have a show.

LOL the Whitecaps. MLS is barely beer league calibre soccer. I can't believe people actually go to watch that shit.
The CFL is the inbred, half wit, gimp cousin of the NFL, filled with american college cast offs and Canadian university footballers from Surrey and Mississauga. 5 star entertainment
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

The CFL is garbage. They should fold the whole fucking league imho.

Its a tossup as to what is a worse product- MLS or CFL. I personally don't support either league.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=454191

It's possible he's taken a team off the list. But Botchford was on the TEAM's Evening Show and suggested that the NYR may be a possible option. I like Stepan as a return but I don't think the NYR would bite on that.

They'd probably want to dump or rather trade Nash back to the Canucks and maybe add a prospect. :mex:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes because Botchford is so plugged in. :lol:

Kesler is not a huge fan of AV. He won't be heading to NY unless he waives to play for the Islanders which is extremely doubtful. If there is any truth to Philly being on his list that may be interesting. Maybe a three way deal with the Canucks getting # 1 overall ,Kesler + going to Pitt/Ann/Chi and Florida getting some good young assets.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Has Gaborik still got the Vancouver house that Botchford said he bought?
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

The trade I want to see for Kesler is to Anaheim for Nick Bonino + Ottawa's 1st (10th) and Toronto's 2nd (38th). If Anaheim won't part with Bonino then they can throw in Emerson Etem + the 10th and their 1st (24th?).

Or to Philly for the same scenario proposed by Royal Dude. Laughton, Schenn/Couturier + Philly's 1st (17th)

If Chicago is interest I would take Tuevo Teravainen + Saad

I don't see too much exciting from the other teams on the list.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chicago has cap issues and zero players, picks and prospects to be a player. Why do Canucks salivate over Leddy? Yikes. Dont get it. TT is a shrimp. Kane makes Saad look good and Shaw? Meh
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Canuck-One wrote:The trade I want to see for Kesler is to Anaheim for Nick Bonino + Ottawa's 1st (10th) and Toronto's 2nd (38th). If Anaheim won't part with Bonino then they can throw in Emerson Etem + the 10th and their 1st (24th?).

Or to Philly for the same scenario proposed by Royal Dude. Laughton, Schenn/Couturier + Philly's 1st (17th)

If Chicago is interest I would take Tuevo Teravainen + Saad

I don't see too much exciting from the other teams on the list.
Not one of those trades is realistic
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:Chicago has cap issues and zero players, picks and prospects to be a player. Why do Canucks salivate over Leddy? Yikes. Dont get it. TT is a shrimp. Kane makes Saad look good and Shaw? Meh
Kane is a shrimp and does serious damage.

IIRC, TT is a top 3 rated prospect in the world by THN 2014 Future Watch, only behind Drouin and Gibson. :mex: