Kesler has requested a trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4201
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Rumsfeld »

BurningBeard wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Image
Come on, you MUST have been saving that pic for Betamax.
You'd have to change the "You're not wrong" part.
No man, it's perfect.

Tell me I'm wrong.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by BurningBeard »

Rumsfeld wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Image
Come on, you MUST have been saving that pic for Betamax.
You'd have to change the "You're not wrong" part.
No man, it's perfect.

Tell me I'm wrong.
You're wrong. :mex:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:45 pm
Location: @betamax1080p

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Betamax »

BurningBeard wrote:
Mondi wrote:Unfortunately, that media frenzy is likely to weaken the Canucks negotiation position with other teams. Even if the decrease is incremental, the constant reminder that a players wants out is enough to empower other GMs.

As others have noted, hopefully he can be flipped this week. I am not counting on it.
The Nucks negotiating position will likely not be better if they wait until the trade deadline. In fact it may be worst if Kesler is injured, he's had a horrible first half, etc. That's a risky scenario. Waiting also presents the situation where Kesler is a few months into the season and becomes a major distraction, and a trade is forced (didn't we just see this play out). Benning is in a very difficult situation if he isn't getting good offers right now.
Yeah, best to try move him before the Draft ... so the team and Kes has a fresh start. If the Canucks' don't get the offer they want they have to just hang on to him and wait it out. We can only hope that Kesler handles the situation as well as Lu (although I wouldn't count on that) ....... it may get to a point that they tell him to wait at home until they could make a trade so he doesn't get injured or have a "horrible first half" because he doesn't want to play here. :mex:
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Benjo »

Kesler plays better when he's angry. I'd rather have a disgruntled Kesler on the team rather than giving away a great player on a great contract in exchange for garbage. If he is so disgruntled about playing here he can open the door to a few more teams.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8363
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Rumsfeld wrote: Come on, you MUST have been saving that pic for Betamax.
Is there a one-and-done policy on these things? If so, too bad, but there's plenty of Dude quotes that can be applied to that particular poster.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 8156
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Meds »

Fuck Kesler if he's being that picky.

Benning should put the screws to him and say fuck you, stay here and we are going to play you with shit players and tank your value if you won't expand your list.

I actually hope that he gets traded, plays 10 games for a new team and then misses the rest of the season and playoffs with an injury.....the team wins the cup but he doesn't get his name on it because he didn't play enough games.
dbr
CC Legend
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by dbr »

Calm down man. Let things pan out before getting all uppity, right now LeBrun is saying there are two front runners, not "he won't waive for 27 teams."

Whatever happens I hope this team does not act like a laughingstock franchise, if you're going to coerce a guy into waiving his NTC you might as well hire Brian Lawton to do it.

I also don't have ill will towards Kesler, I guess looking out for #1 doesn't jive with what we expect from hockey players but whatever. I don't begrudge a guy wanting to win, at least he didn't basically force the team to trade him to 1 franchise only so he could go play with his brother or eat dinner at his in-laws every weekend or whatever.
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by ODB »

Meds wrote:I actually hope that he gets traded, plays 10 games for a new team and then misses the rest of the season and playoffs with an injury.....the team wins the cup but he doesn't get his name on it because he didn't play enough games.
LOL, man child! :mex:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Kowch
CC Veteran
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:11 am

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Kowch »

Personally, I think if a player that has a NTC approaches the club to demand a trade, he should give a list of up to 10 teams (max) that he won't go to. The thought being that if he is demanding a trade after negotiating a NTC (seemingly because they want to stay with that team through the contact length), he should be much more flexible and give the GM some leeway to make the change happen.

If you really don't want to be here, don't cut the already limited (29) places you can be sent to.

As far as Kesler goes, I'm disappointed it has come to this. I like the fire he (usually) brings and the grit, but f him if he doesn't want to be on a team he seemed to want to captain at one point.
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Meds wrote:Fuck Kesler if he's being that picky.

Benning should put the screws to him and say fuck you, stay here and we are going to play you with shit players and tank your value if you won't expand your list.

I actually hope that he gets traded, plays 10 games for a new team and then misses the rest of the season and playoffs with an injury.....the team wins the cup but he doesn't get his name on it because he didn't play enough games.

Benning should ship him to the AHL. Three weeks of shitty food and buses and not being treated like a prima donna should make him happy to go almost anywhere!
User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Aaronp18 »

the Dogsalmon wrote: Benning should ship him to the AHL. Three weeks of shitty food and buses and not being treated like a prima donna should make him happy to go almost anywhere!
Good call, pretty sure no other team would claim him on waivers.
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28337
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Not a cap expert but if the Canucks take a youth approach carrying $2M of Kesler's cap for his remaining 2 years should not be a concern for the Canucks. This could improve the return from any team.

Imagine Kesler for only $3.5M per season.
Because the Canucks aren't paying enough already for people not to be here??
You do realize that would also count against our cap?
Of course, I am saying it can be used if needed to sweeten the return.
How bout NO.

We need that room and you don't need to sweeten the pot when it's a player of Kesler's calibre

(on an already-friendly contract).
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28337
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Strangelove »

Meds wrote:Fuck Kesler if he's being that picky.

Benning should put the screws to him and say fuck you, stay here and we are going to play you with shit players and tank your value if you won't expand your list.
... cuz "tanking a players value" just before you trade him is so super smart. :roll:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28337
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Strangelove »

the Dogsalmon wrote: Benning should ship him to the AHL. Three weeks of shitty food and buses and not being treated like a prima donna should make him happy to go almost anywhere!
Think people... THINK! :roll:

Also, we have NO IDEA how many teams Kesler would be willing to waive for.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 8156
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Meds »

ODB wrote:
Meds wrote:I actually hope that he gets traded, plays 10 games for a new team and then misses the rest of the season and playoffs with an injury.....the team wins the cup but he doesn't get his name on it because he didn't play enough games.
LOL, man child! :mex:
Juvenile. :roll:
Post Reply